Reviews for Eight Things Madge Undersee is Bad At
Laure in Disorder chapter 1 . 7/23
This was beautifully written - and I loved your idea of using a maze as the arena. Thanks also for introducing me to two wonderful poems!
sonder this chapter 1 . 12/14/2017
I've always liked lyrical writing and yours is definitely lyrical.
There is a rhythm there and an ominous beat.
Definitely suiting to the story.
And even though the focus was more on Madge, I like how you cycled it back to Gale in the end because where Madge ends, Gale begins - at least in this universe.
GalanthaDreams chapter 1 . 8/17/2017
There is something quiet and insidious that emerges as you read this fic. The more you seem to find those hidden bits of beauty that should make you appreciate life the more you, paradoxically, feel feel dread because you know very well nothing will end happily. Still, it was a beautiful peace and full of striking imagery (the two lovers with their apples, as well as the reference to Labyrinth) and almost poetic prose. Your oneshot feels so complete even though it covers such a long series of events (you chose your moments of insight well) I think it is your ending that gets me most, I can't imagine a more perfect (bittersweet and dark) way to have concluded it all.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/21/2016
This is a beautiful story. I love it!
NotMyBabies chapter 1 . 2/26/2015
Damn! Heart wrench after heart wrench. Beautifully written.
PurpleQueen981 chapter 1 . 1/6/2015
Sweet, sad and beautiful, I loved it.
beginners chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
oh this fic slays me. It's so beautifully poetic (loved the format) and your writing is so eloquent.
Hazelmist chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Oh, that was so sad and lovely. I love this ship and this story. It makes me want to read poetry again.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 7/19/2013
Very nicely done. I loved the way you set up the story and described the characters. Really good stuff here.
love rosie3 chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Lovely writing, tragic but lovely. I really love the poetry throughout the story and the way you described the games.
dempired chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
I love your writing.. it is haunting, and really nice to read. However, there is just one small factual error, Gale would be 19 during 75th Hunger Games.. how is he reaped? Anyway, I love this writing, it is short and wonderful!
pretty-little-gymnast chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Wow. Just wow. Simply beautiful.
Ninazadzia chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Absolutely beautiful and heartbreaking. I really liked your usage of fruit as symbolism, it's different and refreshing. You're an incredible writer, I love how you wrote Gale and Madge.
xx Nina
ButtercupDirectioner chapter 1 . 12/28/2012
Sam is bad at not crying from this
EStrunk chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
What a wonderful story, with such beautiful language. I love your line about "zero in sins suffered and negative in sins committed." I love her observations about Katniss - how she watches Gale without admitting to herself that she does. The quick summary of Peeta and Delly in their games, and the maze of her games made me want a longer story, but I really love her poem and the suggestion that the little bit of beauty she injected made a real difference. Oh - and Gale beating up Haymitch was great.