Reviews for Necessary Lies
Good story, I can't remember where but in canon Bruce does eventually adopt both Dick and Tim. In one of the comics he adopts Dick, but by that time dick is over 18 and living on his own. Bruce just wanted to formalize it.
Vriska8Serket chapter 1 . 7/20
"nice right hook" pfft
ShatteredIce18 chapter 1 . 7/5
XD Thank you for the logical fic. And the explanations he gives…some of them could possibly be almost true. Who knows, maybe some of those falling-out-of-tree ones were actually from falling (though not from a tree).
CuzImBatman chapter 1 . 5/16
Nice inclusion of that lawyer guy. You were great at making me want to deck him :).
Skylar04 chapter 1 . 4/6
Man, didn't know Grayson loves climbing trees so much... LOVED THIS!
"Tree, tree, tree..." This was hilarious, actually. I love how he has a believable story for every single one. He's just lucky he didn't have any visible bullet wounds.
Amelia Loves Anime chapter 1 . 3/14
This was awesome, I really loved Dick's reactions to everything. I loved this story! XD Thank you so much for writing!
cutie0612 chapter 1 . 3/13
Yeah this was good poor Dick can't see the movie cause we all know the circus is better but still a charity ball poor Dick
nekochan1994 chapter 1 . 3/3
Luthor would have been more subtle: he would have paid a social worker or cop to look into this rather than send one of his own lawyers.
cantorahagedoorn chapter 1 . 2/2
Lovely little story!
There were an awful lot of trees in there..
Keep up the good work!
Italy's Driving chapter 1 . 11/25/2015
Bette is not feeling the aster.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 10/15/2015
Kinda unsubtle for a non-Superman targeted Luthor plan...especially if it's not the first time someone's raised suspicions Bruce Wayne is secretly a child abuser due to Dick's injuries from being Robin, I mean. Dick argued skilfully, though...he's a trained circus acrobat-cum-adrenaline junkie who's going through puberty, so racking up a host of booboos is plausible. Especially if his ward is noted flake Bruce Wayne...

;)

Still, all in all, an excellent one shot!
wanderlust.xo chapter 1 . 9/25/2015
Great story! From Bette's appearance in YJ, I just got the impression that she was trying to either draw attention from Dick bc she knew his identity and didn't want Artemis to think too long about it and realize who he was, or she was just acting like any upperclassmen would lol. But I'm open to other perspectives and still a bit confused about why she wouldn't like Dick in this story? When it said "she had a small crush on him" did that mean she had a crush on Bruce and Dick told them they were related? Or she had a crush on Dick then he was adopted and that made them technically family?
mysticmoon1331 chapter 1 . 8/31/2015