Reviews for Necessary Lies
Katla1 chapter 1 . 3/6
I was really hesitant to read this, because I thought, "A talk with the principle can't be very interesting." Boy was I wrong! This short story made me cringe, shake, and laugh. You are so good at bringing your readers' emotions out!
Mischief Tea chapter 1 . 7/21/2017
Most believable version of this scenario that I've read yet. Well played.

"Tree, tree, gotta stop climbing trees..."

The litany of excuses was pretty entertaining, and surprisingly convincing even knowing that it's at least 90% fiction. (I'd believe the bits about showing off, actually. XD)

Throwing this onto the rec list for just good solid character exploration. Whoo.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/12/2017
Love it
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2016
Yes, yes, yes! This is something I never knew I wanted and it is perfect! The characterisation is amazing, and I love fics which deal with an outsiders pov about superheroes. The guy who brought it up being a Luthor lawyer just makes the whole thing even more plausible and well thought out.
narniac4aslan chapter 1 . 9/28/2016
Really well done and quick and cute :)
grandshadowseal chapter 1 . 9/23/2016
Have you ever read No Good Deed by Black Friar it's a good one!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/17/2016
Good story, I can't remember where but in canon Bruce does eventually adopt both Dick and Tim. In one of the comics he adopts Dick, but by that time dick is over 18 and living on his own. Bruce just wanted to formalize it.
Vriska8Serket chapter 1 . 7/20/2016
"nice right hook" pfft
Hanakoori13 chapter 1 . 7/5/2016
XD Thank you for the logical fic. And the explanations he gives…some of them could possibly be almost true. Who knows, maybe some of those falling-out-of-tree ones were actually from falling (though not from a tree).
CuzImBatman chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Nice inclusion of that lawyer guy. You were great at making me want to deck him :).
s-kate-ler chapter 1 . 4/6/2016
Man, didn't know Grayson loves climbing trees so much... LOVED THIS!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/1/2016
"Tree, tree, tree..." This was hilarious, actually. I love how he has a believable story for every single one. He's just lucky he didn't have any visible bullet wounds.
Amelia Loves Anime chapter 1 . 3/14/2016
This was awesome, I really loved Dick's reactions to everything. I loved this story! XD Thank you so much for writing!
cutie0612 chapter 1 . 3/13/2016
Yeah this was good poor Dick can't see the movie cause we all know the circus is better but still a charity ball poor Dick
nekochan1994 chapter 1 . 3/3/2016
Luthor would have been more subtle: he would have paid a social worker or cop to look into this rather than send one of his own lawyers.