Reviews for If only I had Learnt
Christine chapter 42 . 7/26
I enjoyed this story very much. That last bit with Mr. Bennett almost had me in tears, though. But this was beautifully written.
MrsH chapter 1 . 6/24
I was going to read this story after a couple of your others, but the anachronism in the very first chapter - dark glasses on a blind man during the Regency period - left me absolutely uninterested in continuing. FYI, dark glasses for the blind were not common until the 20th century - about 220 years after the Regency/Napoleonic era.
MissLark chapter 18 . 5/10
I am not quite halfway through and up till now had been very engaged by it. It is an interesting take with some good characters. But I'm feeling burnt out already by the level of drama. Seeing how much is left to go I think there will be way more drama than I feel engaging, especially given some of the comments. As someone else pointed out, there is a sweet spot between too much and too little drama, I feel that may have been missed here. I may come back to it another time but I'm going to have to leave off here, for now anyway.
Apfane Chan chapter 42 . 5/4
what a emotional ride it was! but I loved it all the way. maybe there was a little bit too much drama but a bumpy ride well written can be appreciated. I warn you on the calibration still. too little drama is boring but too much is unbelievable. and it was closing on too much. but the emotions were perfectly written and the characters interesting to discover, with their alteration. thks and best wishes for the next ones
CG4me chapter 42 . 4/3
An excellent story. Quite a few Americanisms which is a shame eg gotten, stunned, drapes, pillows, standing up, trouser cuffs etc but it hasn't stopped me thoroughly enjoying this otherwise well written and thought out story. I Loved blind Mr Bennett most of all, you have made him remarkable and memorable. I shall nkw read your ither stories.
CG4me chapter 10 . 4/2
Tipping the velvet does not mean kissing in that way. It means putting the tip of the penis into the velvety softness of the woman's vagina. (It it mostly used these days for lesbian love making.) Thought you would like to know! Lol.
Miral chapter 4 . 3/20
I love it. All the best characters under one roof. I'm really enjoying Papas beefed up role
Miral chapter 2 . 3/20
And none of the girls is silly? How any improvements to their dispositions! Although Caroline's seems to have gotten worse. Mocking the blind?! Oh my next she'll be kicking puppies! Thanks for the fun
Miral chapter 1 . 3/20
No Mrs Bennett? I'm only one chapter in and I already love this story. Seriously tho it's soooo well-written. Thank you
CillaT chapter 42 . 3/20
I love this story so much! Beautifully written and wonderfully characterised. What an emotional ride it was! Bravo!
ainokea2810 chapter 42 . 3/15
What a lovely story! Well done!
kalizivis chapter 42 . 3/5
Lovely story!
KMH1 chapter 42 . 3/4
I enjoyed how well you set the tone and you write the time period and dialogue very well. I am impressed. Thank you for sharing your talents.
Wasnt Andrews wife called Emily, not Amelia?
ElizabethDarcy78 chapter 42 . 1/9