Reviews for If only I had Learnt
TitleGirl79 chapter 42 . 3/27
I really loved this story, but after everything you put them through I think a little more HEA would have been in order. I mean you didn't even go into their heads during the ceremony. If you don't like epilogues then I'm sure a continuation story would be appreciated. What ever happened with Anne? How did she react to Darcy's marriage? Did she spill the secrets she threatened to? Did Elizabeth ever get her books? Was Wickham never heard from again (did he even live)? Was Charlotte's baby a boy, so the entail is secured? I would love to see Collins humbled a bit (a good bit). And I always like to know what happens with the Colonel. Plus I very much want to see Lizzy taken care of and cherished for awhile, and a lot of D&E HEA! I thought you would continue into Pemberley some, because you never had Darcy say much more then it was a large estate in Derbyshire. I thought you were being clever and Pemberley was going to be a wonderful, if somewhat overwhelming, surprise for Elizabeth.

I especially loved your Mr. Bennet. Bravo with that character.

Also I wanted to let you know there is no Miss Collins. During the scene when Elizabeth first meets Anne you have a Miss Collins approaching them, but I think you meant Miss Lucas.
TitleGirl79 chapter 1 . 3/25
Wow, I am only on the first chapter, but that was great. You made so many changes from canon, but didn't make anyone OOC. That is an accomplishment.
dorothybert chapter 42 . 3/23
Loved you Mr Bennett. Thank you
The Other World chapter 42 . 3/21
oh my goodness! I did not expect such a powerful story when I opened the link - but that just goes to show you, doesn't it? A gorgeous piece of work; I cannot praise it enough. I am absolutely in love with your writing and am therefore up at midnight writing this review - making me sleep deprived for tomorrow, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do
I love how you've so wonderfully portrayed the characters - your Mr and Mrs Bennet seem to be much better creatures than canon ones and in fact, so are all the Bennet sisters too. Poor, poor Lizzy, I began to suspect she had been compromised before she confessed it but it still broke my heart. Though only seventeen myself, I share on some topics the same views as 19th century England, and I'm aware this makes me highly unusual. Therefore reading Regency stories always sparks something in my chest - perhaps a deeper understanding of their mentality as others. Of course, I quite resent the limitation of women to only be accomplished in music/art/dancing/embroidery - I'm not good at any and take much more pleasure in studies etc, and I absolutely hate hate hate the culture of blaming the rape victim which you so beautifully portrayed through Anne De Bourgh.
I feel many people must love your stories since it explores so many amazing pathways - victim blaming, blindness, domestic abuse, needing to be needed, insecurity, etc etc
I'm off to see if you've written any other P&P stories
Thank you very much for your amazing writing, it's been an amazing time reading it
x
bellachaos chapter 42 . 3/7
This story is fantastic. I love the way you added to each character's story and motivations. You brought so much more out of well known and frequently reimagined characters and settings.
LoveLoverGrl chapter 42 . 3/3
I love it! I absolutely love it!
Jed52 chapter 6 . 3/1
Just reading about kitty and Lydia made me anxious so if it was a real life situation I can't imagine how anxious and angry Jane would be!
This was a well written chapter and it's good to see a Jane who has a strong personality when needed!
Jed52 chapter 5 . 3/1
An absolutely lovely story! I love that you have given minor characters like Mr Hurst a voice! It's so refreshing to see that Jane is able to outwit Caroline while still being the sweet person she is.
Gioia chapter 42 . 2/8
This was fantastic. Thank you!
SilveredStep chapter 42 . 1/15
Excellent!
K'MI.974 chapter 42 . 1/9
Wonderful story!
Guest chapter 24 . 12/21/2014
I usually wait until the end of a fic to review but I just ADORE YOUR TREATMENT OF THE DE BOURGUES oh my gosh the sounds of delight that came from my mouth ok I'll shut up and keep reading now.
Summer Leah chapter 42 . 12/7/2014
Very nice, but the ending was a bit abrupt for me. Regardless, I liked this story a lot!
Summer Leah chapter 24 . 12/7/2014
Hehe... A capital idea, making Anne blind! And moving her into Rosing's just in time (I imagine) for Mr. Darcy's arrival-most excellent! I'm enjoying this story very much so far.
obsessivesyndrome chapter 42 . 12/2/2014
Great story, fantastic writing...