Reviews for If only I had Learnt
rachellegough chapter 1 . 9/10
liking this...
rachellegough chapter 2 . 9/10
I'm liking this,
I love this story, but please! “drug” is a noun, not a verb. The past tense of “drag” is “dragged”.
Yona0 chapter 1 . 8/21
Ooh, this has gotten me excited. I've thought of a world where Mrs. Bennett didn't exist or where Mr. Bennett was forced to step up for the sake of his daughters, but not like this! This sounds wonderful and bewildering, I wonder what other events has changed the course of the story
WendiaAprigio chapter 42 . 8/19
Adorei sua história! Adorei Lizzie e Dr Darcy! Amei!
DizziZilla chapter 42 . 7/28
marvelous!
Wendy chapter 42 . 6/25
Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy your work. I loved the animal descriptions of the people!
I love the relationship between Darcy and Mr Bennet in your story. It reminds me of Knightley and Mr Woodhiuse in Emma. Love your work!
Courtingdance chapter 42 . 6/14
Just finished rereading your work. The last line left me in tears. Love the wedding ceremony. Thank you.
BookRookie12 chapter 15 . 6/12
I don't believe that his gambling and his profligacy themselves were the faults that Darcy held against Wickham. It wasn't that, because many young men at the time could be worse gamblers and more licentious and be perfectly respectable people in Regency terms. In fact, Darcy himself, as a Regency gentleman, would have participated in a few bets, but, per his personality, nowhere near high enough to leave him broke.

No, Wickham's faults were probably his lack of restraint in either pastime IN HIS POSITION. Wickham engaged in these activities as though he was a gentleman with the time and funds to waste on them - which he WASN'T. A man in Wickham's walk of life couldn't afford to be quite so free with time and money as Wickham was.

Wickham was also unscrupulous (remember Georgiana). So what JA was pointing out was his shameless mercenary motives as well as his clear belief that he should be a gentleman like Darcy. Being raised in the same household with such a level of favor, as stated in the novel, would incur this belief.
Illucia chapter 41 . 4/28
Nice. I liked especially the small canon moments here and there.
But this was also higher angst than I imagined. Lizzy was soo melancholy and ooc. Who knew Mrs Bennet was so much good that her not being there made it all so wonky
mangosmum chapter 42 . 4/11
My only problem with these adaptations is that Elizabeth is so obstinate and easily angered. She's frequently her own worst enemy.
Mr Bennet is great even though blinded. The idea of having Mrs Bennet dead lets you see the real character of the girls without her insanity creating havoc. Anne is absolutely horrible and Mr Collins not much better. To toss his cousin out of the home at night without a shilling in her pocket and then beating his wife isn't exactly what the Vicar is supposed to do. Not very Christian. But he got his just desserts by being pushed by the angry Anne. I'm pleased with this story!
GreenEyes-BlueCoke chapter 42 . 4/3
That was a rollercoaster, one that was bloody emotional.
It was beautiful especially who you made the Viscount.
M 's relationship with Lizze and Darcy was amazing.
Heather Snow chapter 42 . 3/12
Love this alternate version of how the story might have gone. Loved Mr. Bennet in this one and his relationship with Lizzie. Interesting different view of Lady Catherine as well. I'm amazed at how you can change some of the characters so much in between your stories, and still make an enjoyable read.
1,086 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »