Reviews for If only I had Learnt
joniskpelare chapter 42 . 6/30
I like it very much.
Your story id fairly good with much character BUT you involved too much religious sacrements at the end of the tale. It felt a bit like u were preaching. Next time try toninvolve lews of ur own religion
other yhan that good work
c3lia chapter 41 . 6/12
PS: I'll sure be rereading this story in a couple of weeks! :)
c3lia chapter 42 . 6/12
Ok, I've just finished your story! And now I'm left wishing that you had added a little bit to it... Maybe Lizzie's first time seeing Pemberley? Other than that... WOW! Just was a perfect, perfect story. And the last sentence... I'm almost in tears not because of my favorite couple, but because of Mr Bennet's pocket and the mobcap in there :) Best wishes to you, and all your writtings! Hugs from Portugal, Célia PS: you owe me the end of a Friday's evening and the start of a Friday's night because as soon as I started reading your story, I just could not put it down...!
c3lia chapter 32 . 6/12
Ooohhh... How I wish that Mr Darcy was not a character, but a real person and right here next to me... I'd even be willing to go back in time and live without electricity, the right to vote, internet or the freedom to do whatever I want just to meet a real Mr Darcy... :) Lizzy Bennet is the luckiest heroine in the English language, for sure...! And your Mr Darcy, of 'If only I had Learnt' is as good as the original! :)
c3lia chapter 18 . 6/12
Still reading AND LOVING your story! The dialogues are great (and incredibly believable), and the descriptions amazing. Besides, your mix of both is awesome too! :) Like I said: I'm loooooving the story! I don't remember the last time I was so 'into' a story as this. Your plot is very good too! Célia
c3lia chapter 4 . 6/12
Hello! Great, great few chapters! Love how Mr Bennet's accident and Mrs Bennet's death changed the family's dinamic :) You're an incredible good author and I honestly don't know why I have never read this story before! I'm only on the 4th chapter and I'll be "favouriting" (is that a word?) your story already! Hugs from Portugal, Célia
Type your review for this chapter here...
LoveInTheBattleField chapter 42 . 6/3
This story was great and I enjoyed it!

How God Created Mother

God took the fragrance of a flower,
The majesty of a tree,
The gentleness of a morning a dew
The calm of a quiet sea,
The beauty of a twilight hour
The soul of a starry night
The laughter of the rippling brook,
The grace of a bird in flight,
Then God fashioned from these things
A creation like no other,
And when His masterpiece was through,
He called it simply...MOTHER.

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

M- is the million things she gave me.
O- means only that she's growing old.
T- is for the tears shed to save me.
H- is for her heart of purest gold.
E- is for her eyes, with love & light shining.
R- means right, and right she'll always be.

Happy Belated Mother's Day!
Ladydipogo chapter 35 . 6/3
This Lizzie is so irritatingly stubborn that I want to shake the sense out of her. She is such a hypocrite! Aaaaarrrggghhh!
Pfachgirl chapter 42 . 5/19
One of the most capturing stories I've read here on FFN. I must confess to reading it all in one night (and are now to go face today's classes without any sleep...)
As I myself am blind, I was most surprised by how well you captured not only the practical things such as the marking of the playing cards and the prejudices that unfortunately are quite common even today, but also the feelings of the blind characters and their relative. Very impressive! I wonder if you have based it on personal experience?
Thank you for a wonderful story!
“None of the girls here fear for the menservants or the guests”
Now that’s a real advantage of working for Lady Catherine I never considered.
A young maid would gladly put up with quite a bit of Lady Catherine’s demanding ways so as not to be raped and manhandled by a master, his male guests and the dominant male servants.
If Elizabeth could maintain her lifestyle for "her lifetime" and live at Longbourn, knowing the way a wife must submit to their husband, I don’t blame her
But she is forgetting, when her father dies she will have nowhere except maybe her uncle and aunt and the Phillips would have her marry any available man and she would have no say.
Why would her father think she would enjoy herself as a guest of the Collins?
Men ruled the roost and Mr Bennet knew that Collins living was gotten from a domineering patroness.
p.s. and there would be no mention of marriage from Wickham either.
but even to marry a Militia lieutenant would be a very poor life and living for such a wife.