Reviews for If only I had Learnt
Kuwpp2 chapter 37 . 5/13
I REALLY DO LIKE THIS STORY, but geez Elizabeth! Her story/relationship with Carver showed Elizabeth to not only be a hypocrite concerning trust/secrets. She is also a hypocrite for not revealing Carver's rakish behavior to the neighborhood when he tried to compromise her. The same thing she condemned Darcy for when he let Wickham go free. Elizabeth wanted what happened to her to disappear, so she let Carver off by inventing a different story. Carver just happened to die shortly, but who knows what damage he would have inflicted on another woman.
Her 'woe is me' is draining. I'm just trying to get to an HEA. I'm almost there.
Kuwpp2 chapter 35 . 5/13
Elizabeth...ugh! Her decision making skills are not doing her any favors. She doesn't trust Darcy, but she's will consider giving selfish, manipulating Anne another chance. She is stubborn and have a lot of growing up to do (She's still young. I think she only 20 in this story.)
Kuwpp2 chapter 32 . 5/13
Is it bad that I don't feel too sorry for Elizabeth? How is she going to find happiness if she keeps getting in her own way. She's letting anger and fear guide her.
Kuwpp2 chapter 30 . 5/12
So Charlotte dragged
Kuwpp2 chapter 29 . 5/12
I understand Elizabeth is hurt, which is causing her not to think clearly. She seems to hear only what she wants to hear (like Anne.) Darcy told Elizabeth numerous times he was not engaged to Anne and never has been. Anne herself told Elizabeth that he never asked, but Elizabeth still chooses to say Darcy and Anne are engaged. Elizabeth also fails to see the same fault in her father that she accuses Darcy. Then there is the Lydia/Wickham scandal that her family are currently trying to keep a secret, which is why Wickham got flogged instead of standing trial. I hope she doesn't make Darcy suffer too long.
Kuwpp2 chapter 25 . 5/12
I'm kinda liking Elizabeth and Lady Catherine's interactions. I wouldn't mind seeing them become friends.
Kuwpp2 chapter 23 . 5/12
Anne is blind? I wasn't expecting that. I can imagine the guilt Elizabeth is going to struggle with as more things are revealed.
Kuwpp2 chapter 20 . 5/12
Mr. Collins is on my radar. I see evil lurking.
Kuwpp2 chapter 12 . 5/11
Yay. Darcy and Elizabeth have an understanding.
Kuwpp2 chapter 11 . 5/11
What happened to the anger Jane and Elizabeth had for Kitty and Lydia concerning the regiment? I'm surprised Jane and Elizabeth was so timid. It appeared like they couldn't say no to the officers or make it plain to their aunt and uncle that it was strictly forbidden. Considering the way Jane and Elizabeth chastised Kitty and Lydia for not avoiding the soldiers and going against their father wishes.
Kuwpp2 chapter 5 . 5/10
Darcy doesn't always let Caroline comments go unchecked.
Lydia is self-centered as always.
Kuwpp2 chapter 3 . 5/10
Darcy and Elizabeth racing...I love it.
Kuwpp2 chapter 1 . 5/10
Another interesting start.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 18 . 3/31
Hm. So I guess the Bennets haven’t connected that the Collins’ ‘patroness’ and Darcy’s Aunt being the same person at this point? I would expect Elizabeth’s Hunsford visit to be very short once ol’ LC realizes she’s Darcy’s intended.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 16 . 3/31
Thumbs up on this story not following the common path of Wickham escaping custody then attacking again. Now if only the follow-up is the wounds from the flogging going terminally septic.
1,185 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »