Reviews for Saruman of many Devices
tree1138 chapter 13 . 10/1
This is great. I was a bit confused with which side had hit the sandbar, since the enemy (Umbar) was talking about ships in the early part of the chapter.
Ronden Kiagre chapter 5 . 9/30
Dude, we're talking about MARCHING SONGS here. Wildly obscene is in the job description.
word nazi chapter 13 . 9/27
One thing that's been bothering me throughout the story is the use of the word Okay during character dialogue and unless wiki lied to me that word has been only started being used in the early 1800s. Its a bit jarring really like a shakespeare play where actors suddenly pepper their speech with internet slang. Maybe the word alright could be used or a more period appropriate word for my 2 cents
Qinetiq chapter 13 . 9/21
Simply golden.
Dmol8 chapter 13 . 9/16
This story is very good. I find myself wanting to know what happens next.

I do have two problems with it though:

One: the original Lord of the Rings took a too romantic look at industrialism and claimed it was all pure evil when in fact it is the culture of conquest and control in the elites of western civilization that causes wars,famines, climate change and all sorts of other evils that humanity faced and still faces. While you have shown how industrial good looks like trough the actions of Saruman and the Uruk-hai that also means that you have removed the main representative figure of industrial evil from the original books and you have yet to replace it. I have notice the various ways you are forshadowing that later in the story Sauron's own industrial evil will make a showing, but it's not here yet.

Two: The Ents. You have yet to describe how Isengard looks like after Saruman's industry is no longer hiding itself (in the original books it became an industrial wasteland) and you have yet to give the Ent's point of view on what is happening in Isangard.

Also a question: Since you are using supplemental material to the LotR franchise, are you going to use the story and/or characters from Shadow of Mordor?
An ardent reader chapter 13 . 9/14
Thanks for continuing.
Just wonderful.
Fantastic to see an update to this! Please continue writing!
awmitchell chapter 13 . 9/12
I'm so glad you've started this again! Thanks so much. I'm really surprised that I enjoy the intricate detail you provide, but I do, I really do enjoy it!
Matt Quinn chapter 13 . 9/12
Good to see this is still coming along. Keep up the good work!
Guilliman chapter 13 . 9/7
More more more more
Veedramon chapter 3 . 9/7
God created men and Adam Smith made thrm equal.
Veedramon chapter 2 . 9/7
It would make sence to stay in the coast if they had sea further they were from the coast, the more difficult, time consuming and expensive trade would be.
Veedramon chapter 1 . 9/7
Apex85 chapter 7 . 9/3
I can't believe I never bothered to read this story before today. Mostly because that new anime Gate got me hooked on the whole modern weaponry versus medieval forces.
Apex85 chapter 3 . 9/3
You should commission someone to make illustrations for these weapons.