Reviews for Saruman of many Devices
Star B chapter 4 . 1/24
An incarnate Maiar?
Star B chapter 2 . 1/24
The Fellowship of the Ring is cool.
Star B chapter 1 . 1/24
Anuz, Lurtz and Uglúk?
TheArchive chapter 10 . 4/24/2022
This has been absolutely remarkable to read, and my only regret is that I only have four chapters before being caught up with the story, only the last update was over half a decade ago. If you're familiar with Worm, this entire story reads like Saruman having a tech-oriented Path-to-Victory power guiding him.

By far, this has to be the single best LotR uplift story ever written, and it's great seeing the characters slowly come to realize just how *little* innovation there has been; all the great works and deeds are so old as to be legends, and all the major powers seem to want nothing more than to restore themselves to previous heights. Beyond that, there's just nothing and that doesn't seem to change no matter how many thousands of years pass.

Considering all of that, I'm genuinely shocked by just how *few* uplift themed stories there are for LotR. You look at other works like Song of Ice and Fire which has countless uplift fics, yet this even more widely known series has next to none. Still, it's wonderful that this fic exists as such a perfect example of that theme. Thank you for the story!
Sefera chapter 14 . 11/10/2021
Very Good! I’m favoriting this, just in case you ever choose to continue it :)
M. Sykes chapter 14 . 9/24/2021
WHY DID YOU STOP UPDATING? THIS IS THE BEST FIC I'VE EVER READ
LordAndreius chapter 1 . 6/15/2021
n, 0,iii8898888ik
Froombitz Yumpy chapter 14 . 3/12/2021
A pity you never finished this.
IAS-20 chapter 14 . 1/16/2021
This is a great story, somehow both staying true to the original and introducing a patently alien element (which is exceedingly well worked out in itself) to create a very compelling and entertaining read.
Even the elves adopting guns sounds great.

Hoping for the story to be continued one day. I'm sure many other readers are waiting, too.
saoyuuki12 chapter 2 . 7/12/2020
What have you done to the races of middle earth?
jgkitarel chapter 6 . 3/2/2020
I'm liking this so far. While having Saruman and his Uruks using guns is new, you give an interesting take on that. At the same time, you avert the biggest sin of it by showing that just because he has the advantage with quality, against a vastly numerically overwhelming foe, it is less useful than people think.

At the same time, the fact that the bad guys are getting firearms of a sort is troubling to everyone. There is a reason why they became the primary ranged weapon, and it wasn't because they were any more superior to the bow with regards to ranged accuracy. In fact, it was the opposite for centuries. It was the ease of training massive numbers of soldiers to use guns quickly, along with the psychological effect of being shot at. Big Boom and bad stuff heading your way equals brown pants the first few times, even when the guys doing the firing are intentionally aiming to miss.
Corditeman chapter 14 . 1/2/2020
Like this story, Saphroneth. Suggest you continue it. Wishing you well.
bauers374 chapter 1 . 1/1/2020
This fic is like Dr Stone... Before Doctor Stone
bauers374 chapter 1 . 1/1/2020
This probably won't happen, but just imagine... Urui-kai airdropping from Hueys... one of the two Heli songs blairing (Fortunate Son, or Ride of the Valkryies
luke.miller.drss chapter 14 . 12/6/2019
I'd love to see more from this world!