Reviews for A Hiding to Nothing
LOVED ETHAN SAMUEL LIAM
emergencyfan chapter 9 . 11/28/2015
Nicely written!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/20/2015
ok i know that this is only gonna be for this chapter but i have to say your stories are the best I've read by far and I've read a lot keep up the Spectacular work.
Guest chapter 9 . 4/20/2015
This was a captivating read...i could not stop reading until the end. A fantastic story. I want to thank all involve , and blessings for little Ethan and his family. Im glad everyone is doing well.
Frakking Toasters chapter 9 . 1/4/2015
What a great story. Thank you and Liz. I really loved it. xo
amaia chapter 9 . 11/28/2014
Phenomenal story; love Tibbs, & love DiNozzo w Palmer (DiNalmer ?). Gr8 team feeling. I hope Ethan is doing ok irl. :-)
Bloly chapter 9 . 11/27/2014
Merci beaucoup d'avoir écrit cette histoire, elle était vraiment intéressante!

J'ai beaucoup apprécier la lire, tu m'as fait stresser, etc tout le long! Très bien écrit!
leahk80 chapter 9 . 11/16/2014
great story!
redstickbonbon chapter 9 . 9/17/2014
What a lovely story.

"Girls don't get that, Doctor Duck." What a classic line! Loved how this story came together, really like how you wrote Gibbs, Jimmy and Ducky, and, of course, Ethan.
cindythechef chapter 9 . 8/28/2014
oh my such a sweet sweet story 3
MidwestDreamer chapter 9 . 5/6/2014
Wonderfully done, as always. I loved the way you wove the theme of friendship and caring throughout this piece: Gibbs and Tony, Ducky and Palmer, Palmer and Tony, Gibbs and Ducky... and you and Liz. I think you did a phenomenal job of nurturing her plot bunny and story outline, bringing them to fruition.

The plot and the action in the case fic portion of the story kept me on the edge of my seat as always, and provided an excellent backdrop against which to show the paternal feelings Gibbs and Ducky have toward their respective seconds. I thought you handled that aspect of the story with a particularly deft touch; as emotionally charged as it was, it would have been easy, I think, to allow one or both of these men to drift wildly OOC... but you didn't. The quiet reflections of Gibbs and Ducky, occurring in the midst of so much action, left no doubt as to the depth of their feelings and read as a natural offshoot of what we see portrayed from time to time on the show itself.

I especially enjoyed the expanded roles of Ducky and Palmer in this story. Ducky, in particular, rang very true to me, as I've always sensed quite a bit of steel beneath his generally avuncular exterior. Still, even with his Scottish dander up, he had moments in which he came close to slipping into despair, which seemed very much in keeping with his character. He's *not* an agent and, as such, hasn't honed the level of professional detachment Gibbs had to bring to the case, despite his own emotions. And Palmer... what can I say? I just love him and the way he fights his own self-doubt to rise to the occasion when it's necessary. This story was a terrific showcase for the unlkely (on its surface) friendship between Tony and Palmer, and I loved how Tony remained so focused on trying to keep Jimmy safe.

Working the names of Liz's children into the story was such a lovely touch, and the epilogue brought a number of happy and bittersweet tears. I was especially moved by the revelation that Gibbs brought Buster home to Ethan and helped him bury him, highlighting both his Marine ethos and the father in him. The new dog, Gibbs's woodworking projects and the team all gathered with the Thomas family just kind of wrapped everything up in a bow for me... and your caring and affection for Liz and her family was evident throughout. This was a wonderful read... and a beautiful tribute to your friendship. Many thanks, coupled with all good thoughts for Liz and her family.
Caitlindermidy chapter 9 . 4/23/2014
This was a brilliant take on an NCIS themed book/story. You used great use of a lot of vocabulary and the fantastic use of emotions actually brought me to tears in the last chapter. Especially the moments that Tony and Gibbs share and also the moment when the team come together to give a surprise to Ethan the 5 and three quartered, nearly six year old boy and even the way you handled the plot around busters death. It's fair to say I loved this piece of writing and wish I could even wrote have a good story as this. I would recommend this story to many NCIS lovers because of the way you magnificently portray emotions, friendship and hostile situations. Well done ! :)
ShortandSassy chapter 9 . 10/30/2013
As usual, another EXCELLENT story by you (and Liz as well). I am very slowly making my way thru your stories, trying to savour and make them last until you write more! I so very much enjoy your writing, and so look forward to many many more of them. You are AWESOME!

thank you for writing!
T chapter 9 . 10/26/2013
OMG Thank you so much for this story. I have just read it in 2 hours and I am currently bawling my eyes out. So happy that young Ethan is on the road to recovery. Brilliant story. Please can you get little Ethan a puppy when he gets better. He deserves it. You all do. :D

Much love, 3
LivingInALostGeneration chapter 9 . 10/2/2013
Brilliant story. Very we'll written and very realistic. Thank you so much for sharing :) looking forward to reading more of your work.