Reviews for A Hiding to Nothing
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 9 . 5/14/2012
McPaintball kind of guy - even manufactures his own ammo."

"Really. I call it McGoo's Goo Ha! Love it.

"You just said yourself, the blood found at the scene is Anthony's. He could be badly injured." "My money's still on DiNozzo," Gibbs replied confidently. "If there's a way out, Tony will find it." So right. Even injured he will do whatever he can to get him and Palmer out. Despite the bullet lodged in his shoulder, Tony had stepped between Palmer and danger without thought of his own safety. And will put getting Palmer out safely before himself.

For the second time since this nightmare began, Jimmy wondered whether Tony was exceedingly brave or borderline certifiable. Ha Hes both.

The ME marveled at how a simple touch of Gibbs' hand said 'safe' to his agent and the sound of Gibbs' voice reached into the darkness of Tony's fevered mind and calmed him almost instantly. It's b/c of the bond they have and that Tony DOES feel so SAFE with just a word or touch from Gibbs.

"Six months ago I'd have read you loud and clear," Gibbs said shaking his head in disgust. "Before Barrett and your assignment for SecNav." "I knew it," Tony said with a huge shit-eating grin. "Maybe we'll just have to spend a bit more time together, you know, hanging out watching ESPN, eating pizza or having a hit in the batting cage. Re-establish our connection…you know…for work." He(Tony) misses what they had to. And knows they are off too. I still think it true now. To me they still seem bit off at times.

Loved the steak cutting bit.

Feeling his boss' eyes on him Tony met his gaze and smiled…and just like that Gibbs' world righted itself.
Infinitechange chapter 9 . 5/2/2012
- Super awesome story, I love that you wrote this for your friend and I'm glad that her little boy is doing better! - Koddos to you all.
Monotufu chapter 9 . 4/9/2012
Absolutely fantastic! I love it so much!
Mokibobolink chapter 9 . 4/3/2012
I know that I am dreadfully late reading and reviewing, but I *finally* found the time to read this wonderful story (by resorting to taking my laptop to bed with me and snatching a few minutes of reading time before going to sleep for the past week or so).

You've done it again, Laine and I wanted to give praise to Liz as well for the amazing seed that began it all. I love Tony and Palmer's friendship and this story was the perfect way to see those two grow closer together. I also really enjoyed seeing Ducky join in on the concern as he found himself in Gibbs' shoes - worried about his own special team mate.

Well done! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

-Moki
StrictlySomething chapter 9 . 3/4/2012
This was brilliant! Read it in one go, and loved every second of it! The storyline was great, of course, Tony, Jimmy, Gibbs, the whole crew were awesome, your writing perfect. There aren't enough words to say how freaking spectacular this was.

Anyway, good job as always!
Tacpebs chapter 9 . 3/4/2012
Enjoyed reading this story.
somebody's sister chapter 9 . 2/9/2012
O my goodness! This was such an amazing story and I love it so much I must say this has got to be my absolute favorite. it was beautifullywritten and I'm so sorry that your friend Liz couldn't finish it. Please tell her that I hope her son is doing better and I'll keep him in my prayers.

-ss
AZGirl chapter 9 . 2/7/2012
Wonderful ending to this story! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Paige chapter 9 . 2/3/2012
You did an AWESOME job with this! And I never would have found it except for searching the Senior Field Agent community. I'm usually a slash fan. But I have a very special soft spot for your fics specifically, and well done gen fics in general which spotlight the undeniable strong bond between Tony and Gibbs. Everyone was in character and I loved having Ethan and Liz in the fic! I nearly cried when Jimmy found Buster but just KNEW that Ethan would get a new dog when everything had calmed down. So glad that I wasn't wrong. I'm going to bookmark this fic and come back again to visit it. :-)

angstqueen at gmail dot com
MissFee chapter 9 . 2/1/2012
Hi Laine,

Finally gotten around to reading your latest offering - I loved it! You really do write so well; I know I've said it before but I'll probably keep on saying it... you represent us Aussies well! :)

Hope the real Ethan is doing better now.

Cheers!

Love fee xo
hecklenjeckle chapter 9 . 1/29/2012
Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing.
crokettsgirl chapter 9 . 1/29/2012
As always this chapter was fantastic all the way to the end.

I enjoyed it, Liz's idea and your writing made for a wonderful story. I enjoyed Ethan's part in the story and how Gibbs and everyone treated him. Reminded me of earlier episode and can't remember the name, the one with the small little boy and his father is kidnapped and the boy stays with Gibbs. I kept hearing his voice. I like how you did the rescue and the hospital scene. Ducky and Gibbs making up along with the gifts and a fun time for everyone when they gave thanks to brave Ethan who did what his dad said to do about a man's promise. Brilliant work and sorry it took so long to get to reading it. I see you just put up another on...I pray that all is well with Ethan, Liz and the family. Hugs to you and hope things are well with you too. Sue
Belker chapter 9 . 1/29/2012
Just finished this, Laine and what a story it was! Great :)

Loved Ethan's bravery and Palmer's too.

Gibbs cutting Tony's steak in the end was just perfect LOL

Love to you and Ethan and Liz

/Belker
Caper25 chapter 9 . 1/21/2012
Awesome story! Kudos to both you and Liz. I can't wait to read another one of your collaborations!
PaulaXan chapter 9 . 1/21/2012
What a great story! I loved how you tied in Ethan and his mom. Great job!

PaulaXan