Reviews for Seether
Jean1 chapter 8 . 5/20/2002
Still working with an interesting concept and despite that Rogue was not actually raped in the comic while in Genosha but just sexually molested (which can be just as tramatic considering her isolation) you've done a good job with winding all these issues together. And I did get that it wasn't " Rogue" that was affecting Gambit but just a splinter of her. But the fact is, it's still a part of her not someone else. As you note, it's just an excuse for a part of Rogue to control everyone and seemingly do what she wants. Eleven confusess me because she does act immature but her reasoning is beyond the logic of a 11 year old. No 11 year old would come up with the idea that Rogue having sex with Logan will make things better. No any year old would come up with that idea. And I think what bugs me is that things are better when they should be more confusing. 19's anger though makes perfect sense though and I agree with Alara's comment about Rogue physically. I have to admit a real complaint now though. You've managed to do what I hate in too many stories where suddenly every major male character in the story now suddenly has to be involved with the heroine (So far this a Rogue story only really) After having Logan, Bobby, and Remy, adding Magneto is like over kill. Have Loganshot show up and you will have truly managed the kitchen sink. It's too much that the whole team and half it's male members are all sitting around involved with this. There really should be some that don't care. That said, I do love the "core" containing parts of Rogue she has hidden away though. It's an interesting way to show different stories from Rogue's past from the Cody incident to ,maybe Rogue's first mission with Mystque, etc.
Lucky439 chapter 8 . 5/20/2002
OH MY GOSH THAT WAS A REALLY GOOD CHAPTER I CANT WAIT FOR MORE WHAT IS HER OTHER POWER

I AM SO GLAD HER AND REMY ARE GETTING IT TOGOTER AND SHE HAS SUCH GREAT FRIENDS

PLWASE UPDATE SOON I CANT WATI
Lucky439 chapter 7 . 5/19/2002
AHHHHHHH THAT WAS SUCH A GREAT CH I CANT WAOT FOR MORE

OH LOOK THERE IS ANTOTHER CH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Alara Rogers chapter 8 . 5/19/2002
Hey there, just so you know- Rogue most likely lost the physical evidence of virginity during her youth as a tomboy. Heavy exercise and things like climbing trees, swinging on ropes, etc, are all things that can damage a girl's hymen when she's young, before she ever has sex. I lost mine years before I ever had sex. So Gambit probably knows this, having been raised with very active women, so he might have thought that Rogue's lack of a hymen meant only that she was a very active child.

It's good stuff so far. You sent it to me to archive, and I will, as soon as I do my next update. Thanks.
T chapter 8 . 5/19/2002
Great chapter, can't wait for more! 8o)
Roguechere chapter 8 . 5/19/2002
Yay! You got another chapter up! I wanted to be the first to post for this one- so I'm cheating and posting before I read it, but I WILL review afterwards.

P.S. Its really sweet that you acknowledged us reviewers :)
Kitty chapter 8 . 5/19/2002
I've been on such a kick for this type of story. One of character development, action, and plot resolution; an epic in scheme and scope. And more than all of this, you make me like Rogue. I adore the guys on all levels already, and enjoy Emma and Sage, but Rogue, *her* I can never seem to like unless an incredible author writes her like she should be written. Kudos to doing a character right, Randi.
Mara Kraus chapter 8 . 5/19/2002
Ths is one of the most deep stories I've ever read. Good job. Hurry with the next chapter. This is great.
ASED chapter 7 . 5/18/2002
WHEN IS THERE GOING TO BE AN UPDATE BEEN WAITING FOR AGES ALREADY.
The Lady Sorrow chapter 7 . 5/17/2002
I really liked your story. Not just for what it was but the way that you expressed it and the way that you wrote it.
Kitty chapter 7 . 5/13/2002
You, my dear, have had me on the edge of my seat since I started this story. I can't tell you how much I love this. References to Lori and Val (squee!), Rogue addressing her powers, a time frame other than post-Antarctica; all wonderful plus points. And Remy... Oh man, you really ran him through the ringer in this chapter. To have such a vivid rendering of it, I'm incredibly impressed. Hope there is more quite soon!
SLH NSI chapter 7 . 5/11/2002
...and finished!

I liked that little 'Longshot' comment. Whatever happened to him anyway?

I'm already loving Emma, Rogue's crazy (as usual), Bobby's sweet and I so thought Remy and Logan were going to get into a fight-I love stories where I can't predict what will happen next. Great job ;)

Thanks for the shout out.
Alwaysright chapter 7 . 5/11/2002
Wow, great story. I'm addicted to it now. *lol* It took me a while to finish but it was worth it. :)

The Rouge/Logan scene was really unexpected. I'm thinking there should be some true emotinal draw backs from both Gambit, Rouge and even Logan. Based on the way you write though I'm sure there will be some indepth ones. *lol*

Dispite everything I'm still a G/R shipper so I'm rooting for them all the way. I hope they make it. :)

Please continue and update quickly! I'm a very impatient person. Hee :D
T chapter 7 . 5/10/2002
Wow great chapter!
Jean1 chapter 7 . 5/10/2002
Interesting. I have to admit loving every one of the stories you list as inspiration, but almost skipping this after reading the first two chapters with how Gambit came off like a 3 year old with little depth and less intelligence. But I checked again and he's starting to have a character and more Rogue's been a complete jerk back to him now to even it out. How she thinks sleeping with Logan and showing it to Gambit is going to fix anything or how cheap sex is going to make her feel better about herself (or sex either) is beyond me. But it was overly cruel, and more now Gambit has to face Logan's smug attitude the whole time. If she had to the least she could have done is with a stranger and kept it to herself. There's nothing like being hurt and then humiliated in front of friends to brighten one's day. (of course Logan's a big jerk to me anyway and Emma was certianly in character) Why Gambit didn't just walk out the door and keep going is amazing. He's really in love that's for sure. Certainly unique, and I can't wait to see how they actually get around that if they can. I did think it a bit of a cop out though to have Gambit cheat before just so it would be ok for Rogue to do so, but her blaming him for her untrust and using it to justify her actions is classic Rogue from the 90s. Great scene showing how Gambit knew about it. And more, though it makes no sense to me how Rogue manifested her abuse suddenly to almost kill herself, that was incredibly dramatic scene as well. The mind scenes are a bit confusing though. And I love Bobby in this. He's the only one who seems to really care. Definitely not the standard fair. Waiting to see where it's going.
213 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »