Reviews for Seether
Molotov chapter 7 . 8/29/2003
I have to review this anonymously, since I reviewed it while logged in a long time ago, back when I was totally ignorant of this story.

And hoo boy, let's just jump into this bad boy, shall we?

~~"Was, but den she left. Logan followed her, dough."~~

-Uh. Definately going overboard on the accent.

I think Gambit spouting in French makes more sense than the hyper-accented English. Of course, hyper-accented English makes sense right now.

But I don't know why, but the whole Rogue and Wolverine having sex is just awkward to me. I don't know why. Maybe from one too many movieverse smut fics between the two, or the fact that Wolverine is at least 100 years old.

~~"I am sorry, my friend," Storm said, taking note of how Bobby deflated with her words. "Would you like to talk?"

"Non. Just wan’ t’ be ‘lone."~~

-So...was that intentional or accidental? You said Bobby, but made him talk like Gambit.

~~She didn’t want to get into a knock down, drag out fight with him over this; she was feeling way to good—hopeful—and didn’t want that to ruin her mood.~~

-Glad you pointed out that she felt hopeful-good, not just the "I got some" good.

~~"Fiddlesticks!" she exclaimed and reached in.~~

-It just seems...weird to see Rogue say fiddlesticks. Hell, it's weird to see anyone under sixty saying fiddlesticks.

Well, all in all, a good chapter. I'd enjoy it more if I didn't have such a thing against the Rogue and Gambit relationship. It's strange, though. In the comics, it's no big deal. But in fanfiction...I don't know. I guess it's because so many writers put so much emphasis on the accents. It makes it more unrealistic than it already is.

And yes, the sex was awkward. And after reading about the eggs on the chest...well, I think you've officially ruined those for me, because it's going to be hard to not think about semen the next time I want some scrambled eggs. But it could be worse - I could like really runny types of eggs, like over-easy or...blegh. Congratulations Randi, you've officially ruined a food for me.
Brooke chapter 15 . 8/28/2003
This is one of the best stories I have ever read and I have read a lot. The way you tell the story is riveting. When I started to read it I was thrown into a world of intrigue and mystery that could rival any best-selling author. I find myself eagerly anticipating the next update. Your story will be one of my vary favorites, even among the books I read. One thing that can get confusing though is how you jump back and forth in time. Try signaling the change somehow. Maybe along the lines of 'ealier that day' or 'meanwhile'. I don't have a problem per se, but others might. Anyway keep up the good work. Oh one more thing, when you talk about the Bobbies that gets a little tricky to follow also.
Krall chapter 1 . 7/23/2003
I just read the first chapter and I have to say that this is the most COMPLEX story I've ever read. It seems almost like her memories and stored powers are having a stronger effect on her mind than she has. She's starting to lose grip on reality. Forgetting her strength? That's so natural to her it's like forgetting to walk one day.

I hope the later chapters can clear this up. That puzzle...dear god...my head...owie..

*gets Tylenol*
Molotov chapter 6 . 7/12/2003
You know, this story has taken on a whole wealth of newfound understanding, as I've come to read (and enjoy) X-Treme X-Men. I should probably go back and start over again. It'd probably help me enjoy this much MUCH more. Will I? Maybe some other time.

I'm reviewing as I read, so hopefully that helps the rest of this make sense.

Oh yeah. More Tori Amos. She scares me.

"*Dis not be all bad, eh Remy? Seeing her all slick ‘n wet ‘n… Merde. Heh-heh! Maybe even better den y’ planned.*"

-Spoken like a true male. Lucky bastard.

"Rogue was bent forward, towel drying her hair. She stood, twisting to face him and he got a momentary flash of her supple breasts."

-...Lucky bastard.

And we see a change from the whiny bastard Gambit of chapter's 1-5 and replaced with the cool Gambit. I hope.

"*Bobby’s more like a gal-friend than a guy-friend."

-Sucks to be him, then.

"*Don’t need to be hearing no rumors ‘bout how crazy ah get in the future.* She thought as she entered. "

-Hehe...for some reason, that made me giggle.

"Bobby had never driven it before, so Rogue did the honors, and Bobby happily held on."

-...ehehehehehehehe. Smart man.

Wow. The scene with the guy that Rogue almost kills...wow. Just...damn. I know that must have hit real close to home for you, and...damn. I think Rogue should have killed him. I know I would have. Scum like that does not deserve to live. The voices in Rogue's head agree.

Now I gotta make a joke...

Ahem..

'And what do all good superheroes do after busting child molesters? GO CLUBBING! (no pun intended)'

"Bobby didn’t respond to Rogue’s smoothing over the situation. He kept eye contact with her with awkward, hurt intensity. Then he broke it and looked down."

-Poor guy, getting treated like dirt. Always nice when the girl ditches the good guy for the stupid, fleeting one. Dumb regional characters.

Of course, that changes. Only slightly. Rogue uses Bobby to get revenge on Gambit. Sure, Bobby's liking it, but he's just a pawn. Poor ignorant bastard. Wolverine's the only one with any sense, it seems (even if he's the one who gets the sex).

Ah good, Bobby finds out. But he lets Rogue off too easy, in my opinion. It just makes him a good friend, I guess. Too good of one when he's just being used like that. Poor bastard (not ignorant anymore).

The 'need for sex' thing still confuses me a little. But then, such weird sappy painful masochistic love romance 'I-just-need-somebody-to-love-to-make-the-pain-go-away' just doesn't appeal to me. But that's just me.

It's still a good chapter, even if it made me go from liking Gambit to hating him, and made me hate Rogue, and made me want to smack Bobby, and...ahem...the 'not-really-like-a-father-figure' Wolverine about to have sex with Rogue.

I honestly don't know when I'll get to Chapter Seven because I just got a feeling that I won't like it (not your fault, though).
southernefx chapter 15 . 7/7/2003
I love this story- the twists and turns...It's a romance/adventure/thriller all rolled into one! I've had to read each chapter several times because there's always something new to discover. A very good read!
Molotov chapter 5 . 5/21/2003
We start the chapter off with a dose of Tori Amos-Scareage. Ackies. You listen to such intelligent music, with lyrics capable of being incorporated into stories. Me? I listen to stuff like 'Die, Die, Die My Darling,' 'Renegades of Funk,' and 'Cowboys From Hell' - not exactly touching, moving sorts of songs.

I like how the story's man character has spent most of the story in a comatose state. It's...I dunno. Funny.

Wow. All this technical talk about Rogue...how do you come up with all of this? You're really smart, more than you let out...*ducks flying shoe*

What the hell's the Z'Cann? Oh well. I'll find out eventually or something.

I don't like Emma Frost. Sure, she's scantily clad with a nice rack in the comics, but she's still a bitch.

Rogue doesn't like bald, crippled men. However, she does like telepaths, particularly those with loud hair colors and large racks.

...

...

I like Rogue.

Nevermind. It was the dumb Shadow King. He sucks anyway.

" "No problem, sugah," Rogue said. She stomped up to the Shadow King and punched him. It wasn’t as violent as it could have been had she access to her super strength, but it was enough to land him within reach of the writhing coils of the web fence. It promptly ensnared him as it had Xavier. " - Rogue is a badass. All the more reason to like her.

Where the hell did Rogue grow up at? NO ONE in the South has an accent that thick anymore. NO ONE!

More bitch Emma. Makes me want to dig out an issue of X-Treme X-Men and stare at her rack.

Geez, all the accents are hard to read, sometimes. It's almost like reading 'Huckleberry Finn' back in high school, with all the freakin' dialects in that. Sure, it's a nice detail, but sometimes too much trouble. Leads back to my comment above out Rogue's too-heavy-accent.

Well...not much in particular to comment on that chapter. It was a technical one, it seems, setting up the plot and some other stuff. I think. It kind of confused me, with all it's technical jargon. But then, I'd rather see someone get their ass kicked than to read about webs and memories and telepathy. Not to say that I didn't like this, I'm just saying I've got nothing really to comment on.

Anyway, before I destroyed any good opinion you had of me, I will move onward, to the next chapter.
Molotov chapter 4 . 5/21/2003
Bet you thought I frogrot all aboot abeet this, eh? Well, I didn't. I've just been busy as all hell lately, and when I've got free time, reading this never came to mind. But I've got time, so let's move along, shall we? Yes, we shall. Wakka wakka.

Tori Amos scares me.

Something about Gambit makes me wonder...don't they teach English in schools? Sure, he's Cajun, but that doesn't mean every other word of his is French. Unless he's French-born. Which he isn't. So why can't the guy speak English?

" I mean, while watching a movie… Non, not dat kind o’ movie. " - Godly line. Pure genius. I love it.

Again, Tori Amos scares me, with her sailoring and tailoring.

" Like a t’ief. " - *coughs* Hypocrite *coughs*

" *He look damn near cuddly. Guess Roguey t’ought so too.* " - Told you...gay Frenchman. Or at least bi-curious.

" His eyes never left the sleeping couple—*Non, not a couple*—as he lit the cigarette with a tiny spark of his powers. " - Handy use of his powers. And actually, I was thinking that it'd be cool if he could do that when I read the line before it, without making it explode and such. Grooviness.

" "Really?" Bobby said mischievously as he raised his head up just enough to meet Gambit’s glare, "An what happens when Rogue wakes up finds you here. You think she’ll be happy about it? Shit, Gambit, I can smell the booze on you. And the perfume… What else will she smell on you? Logan’s heightened senses remember? Think she’ll be happy to discover just what you did with the owner of that perfume?" " - Iceman is the shit.

More Tori Amos. She scares me.

The last bit confused me, the end with Rogue and the Shadow King...tied up and making out, while talking shit to each other? It's a little confusing. I'll go re-read it.

And there, another chapter down. It's a good story, but you know, Gambit seems really really whiny, to the point where I want to smack him. And the thing is, I used to like Gambit alot. And then I read way too many stupid Rogue/Remy stories in the Evo section, and that just totally killed it for me. I don't know if it's because it was mis-matched, or if it was the same re-hashed plots, or all the half-French/half-English talk from Gambit, or all the 'All angsty Rogue needed was some love' storylines. Anyway, onward to the next chapter.
RonWeasley1975 chapter 15 . 5/9/2003
WOW this story is fabulous. It's right up there w/ Valerie Jones's Betryal arc. I've been a huge fan of that fic for ages, and I think this story is going to be just as amazing.

I really wish Rogue hadn't made that deal w/ the devil. You'd think Mystique would have taught her better than that. Or that she would have learned from watching the hell that Gambit went through because of Sinister. I guess this is one she'll just have to figure out on her own.

I hope we get another chapter of this soon. Oh and I'm going to go look for your new fic. Hm different pen name? Care to give us any hints?

A
Mag Carter chapter 15 . 4/29/2003
I don't know whether to kill Sinister or hug him. Very unnerving. I'll probably just kill him for the sake of it, ya know? He is evil afterall. Oh and this Dominic fellow? Real pissant. You should definitely kill him. If no one else, definitely him. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. ;)
Mag Carter chapter 14 . 4/29/2003
And Vargas is down for the count. Yay! Silly lil pillock! One more chapter and I'm all caught up. w00t!
Mag Carter chapter 13 . 4/28/2003
Heh, the code was fun. Didn't do much of the desiphering, but I did have fun trying to translate. ;)
Mag Carter chapter 12 . 4/28/2003
M, m, M! Smell those neurons fryin'. This is really one of the better stories I've read so far. A bit wordy in places, but a good read.
Mag Carter chapter 11 . 4/27/2003
Okay, things are getting better. I won't have to kill you now.
Mag Carter chapter 10 . 4/26/2003
I'm really hoping ll or whoever it is gets their come-upins really soon. She's getting on my last nerves.
Mag Carter chapter 9 . 4/25/2003
I'm 'bout to knock eleven from here to next tuesday if she doesn't quit. That lil runt gets on mah nerves!
213 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »