Reviews for Straight and Fast
Did Alaska ever learn Pudge's real name?
WeLonelyOldSouls chapter 1 . 12/21/2014
Hm, nice job. Her view on the world, the ghosts chasing her, all of her mistakes, she seems to be looking to fix things. While the entire piece is steeped in dark thoughts, there is an undeniable positive undertone. It seems that her view on escaping suffering is also her view on fixing things. Straight and fast, she has to fix things. Perhaps, to her the way to end it isn't to escape, but to fix the issues. Maybe, if she remembers she'll be able to put that ghost to rest. Then, she can return to the others and start cleaning up her life, fixing her mistakes. Straight and fast. Her dilemma isn't what to do or how to do it, but the time which she has to do it in. A lot of Green's work deals in having to do things now, since there won't be a later. Need I say which book? So, the take away is that despite what happens in life, no matter how badly you fucked up, you can fix it. Straight and fast, because your time is running out. And just around the curve is something you can't quite see...
Windsong chapter 1 . 7/7/2014
Beautiful. Just beautiful.
Reader chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
No worries, you did her plenty of justice.
onlytoask chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
That was ... wow. Honest to God, if this had been included in the book at the end or something it wouldn't seem out of place.
Em74 chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
This was sooo good. I really can't think of anything to say because of the feels but this was perfect.
HurricaneKatrina01 chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
I can't really say anything original about this fanfic without changing the words of other reviews. Only thing- try Over the Love by Florence the Machine from about 2:41 with it. It adds a bit more dramatics to this, a bit more depth . Its a beautiful song with an equally beautiful fanfic.
ConstantlyContradictory chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
it wa T.
I was afraid to read any fanfictions because, honestly, who can do justice to John Green? At least, what percent of the populatipn can carry the tone, the vocabulary, the metaphors, the style of John freaking Green and wrotes fanfiction for this story? I don't know you would be a part of that tiny percent.
Its one in the morning and I cant think clearly but you wrote and amazing story and I thought you ought to know
Thanks for posting
Well the thing IS chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
I like it.
Gallifrey101 chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
I can't...this was so beautiful and tragic. Utterly amazing.
wintmint4 chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Feels. I have been overcome by feels. This was so good! It's beautiful and I really can't even think because FEELS. Anyway, awesome job!
Vers Le Etoiles chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
aw heck that was beautiful. i really really like this: "you drive. trying to outrun the rising sun." more so, the second person pov was just perfect for Alaska's last moments so good job. really really good job.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Oxygen thief... that's, umm, yup. Exactly how it feels.
ReadingWriting1342 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
That is fantastic. Just wow. The second person is a different way of writing, and it works so well. This is exactly what I can imagine Alaska thinking, to the T. You've kept her character brilliantly. Thank you for writing something so great!
Ungraced chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This was insane and amazing and... jees. This is Alaska all over. You're amazing, it's perfect. And I don't throw that word around.