Reviews for Come On Sweet Catastrophe
Cazzabluerose chapter 1 . 11/6/2015
Just rereading some old stories ... Love this insight into how Finn and Rachel would have grown up ! If only ...
Thanks :)
Neva tell chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
There another story that plagerizes this one but ur stories are tha best u this ones sssssooooo sweet u should make tha stealin author take their story down stupid they cant get their own ideas PS I sent u a tumbler message with tha story cense u say u like it betta no body should tha stolen story jus urs
Angela Martin chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Aw, this was just so sweet. I really did enjoy this one.
iGoToExtremes chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
Ohhh my heart. I really like this sort of "overview" narrative wherein we get a few thoughts every so often as time passes by. You never delve too deeply into their feelings at any given point and yet somehow convey the depth and meaning behind what's going on.

I also love how this version of future!Rachel doesn't have things all figured out at first. She's not a stupid blubbering mess the whole time, but she's also not the greatest at handling her relationship with Finn, either, it seems. But it just makes it that much more meaningful in the end when things do fall into place. And the fact that their discussion is interlaced/juxtaposed with prior conversations really shows that growth.

A hearty "woot" to this story.
Paceismyhero chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
I've read this three times, and I still am not sure where to begin. Perhaps I should start with proclaiming, yet again, that you never need my help in the writing department, and this story is just another example. Still, sorry I never got back online to help you sort things out. But, you managed just fine and delivered one of those great angsty pieces that are too awesome to care that I was anxious the whole time while reading. Haha.

I love the randomness that is Finn is all your stories, and this one is no exception. The internal questioning of why things had to be done in person when it was for an animated film was hilarious, and I also enjoyed the obvious downward spiral that was him realizing he was falling deep again.

My fave part, as I mentioned earlier, is the exchange between Kurt and Finn. Just perfect grown up characters still acting childish because that's what brothers do. Haha. But, because I don't want to pull out that ENTIRE thing, let's go with my second favorite:

***It's, like, night 2,478 when she admits she saw him while she was auditioning. She says she actually felt like he was there first and it kind of knocked the wind out of her and made it really hard to concentrate until she saw him. She said once she did see him, though, it wasn't so much like drowning in expectation and I can't and reasons why it wouldn't work anymore. It was more like the sun had come out and then she was just afraid of getting burned again. It's night 2,481 when he can actually laugh at that 'cause yeah – he can relate.***

I was actually going to pull out BOTH sections before this one, but this one is kind of awesome. It showcases the connection between them and the ease they are developing, but it also touches beautifully on the fact that they have a past (one that isn't all sunshine and rainbows). Just awesome.

And, yeah, the end is also amazing, but I'm not going to pull that out either. It would save time to just copy and paste the whole thing. Maybe I'll do that once just to prove a point, but for this one I'll settle with WOW! :D
mprmusings chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
*sigh* you write Rachel and Finn so well. As well as you write my most favorite pairing Joey & Pacey...loved this one shot! Simply perfect. Thank you for sharing with all of us.
sandra-wfg chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
interesting turn of events!

I even wish you'd write what happened at the end of the third time (and around the fourth!)

very nicely written as always, and thanks for the happy ending :)
holygoof101 chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
It's only appropriate that I review this right away before it goes on a things to do I never get done list. I would apologize you putting the song forever in your head but I'm not sorry (and it's way better than the one you stuck in my head).

And now I will gush for a moment. I loved loved loved it.

From way it way it starts in this awkward internal thought process that is just kind of all over the place because well he's seen her again and now his life is all over the place all over again. To how he's not sure exactly what to do next but there's the tether that's pulling him back into the hurricane which turns out to be scary and refreshing at the same time.

And then it just gets scary because sometimes when the shoes dropped on you one too many times you're just always waiting for the other show to drop. And it takes a while and a pretty big gesture and some pretty poignant words and actions before it's like okay yeah the shoes not going to drop after all and this time everything is going to be okay. It's all so real and done so well without going over the top.

And this line: "Maybe his hand shakes because he's clean from the clean break that broke him all way through and tore his life apart the time before. But it doesn't make him hurt; the hurt is gone. He's just a little shaky." Couldn't be more human and in that respect more perfect.

So now that I've gushed and rambled and you have to forgive my total lack of grace with words (that are no baby's breath symphonies) I'm going to go back to saying that I just adored it. My expectations were high and they were exceeded so a very large thank you is in order. And it's awesome and you're awesome I couldn't ask for a better music spouse/friend/sounding board that will make sure I don't forget the baby in the holder. :) Oh and FF Where's Waldo I've found him three times but there's still several more times to read over it so I'm sure there's a couple more.
edurrant0404 chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
SOOOOO CUTE! XD
wood-u-like-2-no chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Damnit, Jann. I seriously have no idea how the hell you can create these one-shots based on song lyrics and have them all come out so damn impressive! Like, seriously, this was just awesome and phenominal, with circles in circles and parallels between break-ups and happily every afters and just...holy crap! You are quickly becoming the queen of the Finchel one-shot because it doesn't seem to matter if it's based on an errant line from the show, lyrics from a song, or a recipe for cheesecake, you always knock it out of the park somehow. Which is why I stick largely to long story arcs and away from genres I'm not so good at. ;)