Reviews for In Your Dreams
Grey mage chapter 13 . 6/3
Well that was a good read. Thanks for the teasing.
32nd freeze chapter 13 . 1/12
This was spectacular.
KalicoFox chapter 13 . 9/12/2014
Wait... are you serious? That's it!?
AGH! This story is so good! I want to know more! What happens next, dangit!

In all seriousness tho, this is a great story. The writing is awesome, and I truly do love the characterizations. If you do ever decide to write a sequel, possibly detailing what happens when they all head back to school, then I'd absolutely love to read it.
Insert Name chapter 13 . 5/22/2014
This FanFiction was unusually long - though I appreciate it.
Great Story, and an interesting take on what could happen when Haruhi finds out the truth - at least it didn't turn out like this depressing story I read recently where Haruhi gets ultra-depressed that she essentially is the only real person and so erases everyone and everything to be alone...

One thing I have to add is that the ending ended rather abruptly. I wished there was one more chapter or even a sequel showing us what happens now that [Spoilers] - Haruhi is aware of her powers and Kyon now also has powers, do they continue as normal?, do they face off all the organisations that Asahina, Koizumi and Nagato are tied to as they try to take on the now fully charged SOS Brigade?, do they have fun and whacky adventures everyday with Haruhi livening up reality and Kyon and the others have to endure these adventures - such as alien invasions or the end of the world or space adventures etc. etc.? I really want to know and a sequel to this story would have very much potential.

Still - Great Story, although I gotta admit the narrative was slow at times and I felt the urge to skip long monologues but still excellent storytelling! :)
Dragginninja chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
I recently finished rereading all of the available chapters of K:BDH, and decided to look at Durandal's finished stuff.I found tgis masterpiece. My only downside that I see is it needing a sequel, maybe Kyon and Haruhi making the dream-Atlantis real in the real world, or something? Maybe take trips through alternate realities, visiting other versions of themselves? I also loved the cameo by Kyon's greatcoat of invisibility, with 10 defense and asskicking. I'll miss Durandall's works continuing, as well.
flairina chapter 13 . 1/19/2014
That... huh. Kyon becomes reality warper as well, and Haruhi loses nothing, just becomes equal... perfect. That was the perfect way to end that. There were still a couple of open questions, but that was so satisfying an ending I can't even remember what they were. :D

I... probably should do some sort of wrap up review, given how invested I grew in this whole thing, but... nah. I think I've said all I need too, unless you wanted to hear me blather on about more lucid dreaming stuff. Eheh. ;

This was a wonderful fanfiction, definitely on par with the actual books, in my opinion. Thank you for writing and sharing this, I had a wonderful time reading it! Will be hoping for more in the future!
flairina chapter 12 . 1/18/2014
Oh. Well, they sure got there quick then, didn't they... orrrrr not, apparently I wasn't paying enough attention to the number of days going by last chapter. Hehe, I feel dumb. :P

So... dream powers leaked over to real world? Or something like that? Hehe, that's certainly an awesome side effect of lucid dreaming for Kyon then. :D

Relatives. All too true that they are WAY too focused on relationships. I don't even have a large family and still you get questions on this (even more ridiculous since I'm asexual, but that's besides the point). This is a pretty well characterized bunch of people, if I haven't sad that before.

Well then. Haruhi wanting to help Yuki means it's already probably pretty much done. Hehe...

One chapter to go, but still so much to do! Should be an interesting finish...
flairina chapter 11 . 1/15/2014
Pffft, okay, electric sheep. That was pretty funny. :D

Hoo, symbolic much Koizumi? The whole "everything's slipping out of control" bit slipped into his dreams apparently, and affected it far more than anyone else's external stimuli have affected theirs thus far. I feel bad for him; nightmares over what's going on and no way to prevent it...

Who did Kyon run into? Well, there's really only so many people in the Haruhiverse, so... to be surprised, my bets are on Koizumi or Asakura. Another brigade member or Tsuruya in second place, and a character from books 9-11 (which I still need to read) in third. Hmm...
flairina chapter 9 . 1/13/2014
Hoo, boy. I have such mixed feelings whenever Haruhi "officially" discovers anyone. On one hand, I relate to her in a big way (as I'm sure many do). "Yesssss, finally! Something unusual! Something awesome! And it was right in front of me the whole time! What could happen from here?! Who cares, it's gonna be exciting!"

On the other hand, "Nnoooo, that means that technically, it's only a matter of time before the "full revelation" comes, which is fine and all except that the whole goal of everyone else has been utterly destroyed, making their efforts basically amount to nothing in the end, plus that means the end of the story itself, ahhhhhhh..."

So, yeah. Torn about how I feel there.

It's pretty cool that Mikuru can lucid dream too, nice setup with "dreamtime" being used as a communication system, you really wove that in well. Cool place she's got too. Haruhi's reaction was also quite nice, a more mature, subdued, but still enthusiastic Haruhi is the best kind I think.

Well, it's only a matter of time before she finds out now... unless some surprise awaits at the end? Unless she chooses to erase her own memories or something (doubtful), I can't see this ending with Haruhi NOT knowing everything... though, then again, if the people in the future knew this would happen anyways, then...? Hmm... what are they doing...? Unless time is changing instead of doing bootstrap paradoxes/loops now? I guess I'll see soon enough.
flairina chapter 8 . 1/12/2014
Ahhh, a Q and A doll... okay, that's a little better than I thought you'd done Kyon. I take my earlier criticism back.

Entertaining little battle there, if I ever manage to lucid deam on my own perhaps I'll try something like that out; first person strategy game sounds like a lot of fun. :D

Good for Haruhi handling this investigating in a pretty smart way too, and getting closer to friends at the same time. The latter part is always nice to see, in any fanfic, period.

Not sure what to say about the last scene besides "good job" and "Kyon is pretty good person, isn't he?"
flairina chapter 7 . 1/11/2014
Yeah, really Kyon, you couldn't think of a better message than a toy? It was a DREAM, you had literally no end of options. You could have just flooded the place and stuck a little mound of earth above it, with maybe a little toy cabin or something on it. You could have made some sort of giant flood monster battling a creature with a mountain and valley on its back. Heck, even if a small message on a piece of paper might fade, you could have just made giant floating letters that said "TRAPPED BY MUDSLIDE, POWER DOWN". Haruhi's right, you're really not very creative are you? Then again, that's why you make a good counterpoint/anchor for her...

Heh, no matter whether I can achieve lucidity in my dreams or not, I'm encouraged by the fact that my dreams seem about as cool in terms of location as Haruhi's, rather than "home, car, school" like so many people's dreams seem to be. Even when a school IS involved in my dreams, it's never one I've actually been in (even in previous dreams), and usually has something very odd about it. At least my dreams aren't boring... like Kyon's. Heh, he goes into a video game/RPG world and he finds it too much effort to do any fighting, so he goes and solves a block puzzle. Lazy, but pretty in characteristic of him, so nicely done on his personality (it's been good all throughout, I just thought I'd mention it specifically here).

This is a hellish situation though. Even with gas, everyone's trapped, without power, and bored out of their skull? Been there, done that, never again if at all possible. Ugh. It's interesting how compelling even the "normal" scenes are in this; special mention to the Asakura flashback, that was nice.

So... is the space for dream areas infinite? Or does stuff have to be erased to make room for new stuff if they dream enough places up? I imagine it could be expanded easily by Haruhi, but if she never did, would they eventually run out of space?

...aaaand now I'm just rambling/throwing in whatever comes to mind. I'll finish now. Looking forward to reading more tomorrow.
flairina chapter 6 . 1/10/2014
Ah, THIS was the point I stopped at last time, about halfway through the chapter. Didn't expect that mudslide part despite the preparations last chapter for some reason, and the fact that the lucid dream dynamic is most interesting if they can't communicate normally. Doh. ;

Ah, I wish I could read this faster. I usually read stories in one long go, but for some reason it seems almost WRONG to read this except when I'm about to sleep, and not for more than one chapter at a time. Perhaps it's just my mind trying to brush up on more lucid dream reminder material right before sleeping and it doesn't want it to go too fast? Hehe. :D

Anyways, great chapter, nice to see Haruhi's investigating actually pay off for once. When what you're trying to find eludes you at every turn, even a small victory like that is elation itself. Well done Brigade chief.
Billy Ruffian chapter 13 . 1/9/2014
This was a pretty great story, well-written and with good pacing. I wouldn't mind a sequel, though I suppose that might be asking too much.
flairina chapter 3 . 1/5/2014
Haaahhh... reading this is hard for me. I really WANT to read it, especially since I never finished it the first time, but every time I try, I get REALLY depressed at how easily this comes to... well, both of them. I probably mentioned this last time I reviewed this story, but I've been trying upwards of six years, and... I still suck at it. I just can't seem to get it, and not for lack of trying... still, that's not your fault at all. Your story is great, and the concept is great, heck I kept putting this on the backburner because i didn't want to finish it, just so I could look forward to reading it later... too bad I'm more sad than anything upon reading it... gah...

Ignoring my personal problems, I'll try to read this the whole way through this time. I really want too, and the story/concept is great, so...
fb39ca4 chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
Kyon's family reminds me of Summer Wars.