Reviews for A Foul Light Shines
Heitomos chapter 11 . 3/17/2014
This is one of the best crossover fics I have read in this regard, the only other one comparing being Iron Hearts. This was a magnificent tale and I would love to see more of this world explored.
Player Two chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
first chapter gave me goosebumps. this looks promising.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/24/2013
Just nitpicking - The Emperor WAS trying to starve out the Chaos Gods, via destroying religious belief (wouldn't have worked, but it would have made them weaker).
pacificuser chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Man! You are the most creative genius I've gotten the pleasure of knowing in a very long time! To think,I thought that creativity was already dead on fan fiction!
But then,you come along,and with one ultra-cool story set things right! in my whole life,I'd never thought myself capable of reading a My little Pony story! I'm the kind of guy who listens to Iron Maiden,never wares pink,has a mustache,and takes martial arts classes! For you to change my mind and open it up to a whole new realm of possibilities... Its just amazing... continue to update this story please... As in cool,its a cross-over with one of my favorite genres!
You should open a facebook like page for this story! Where fans can give constructive suggestions and discuss matters which are too long to talk about in the comments section! Go! :-)
bazagal chapter 11 . 8/30/2012
A sequel IS needed.
Guest chapter 11 . 8/27/2012
I honestly had no idea what to expect from a mlp/40k crossover, that being said i think this was very well done 5/5
Eipok chapter 11 . 7/10/2012
This story was incredible, and very emotional. Definitely not what I was expecting from a MLP/Warhammer crossover. I expected absurd, and fantastical, but not emotional and compelling. I surely didn't expect to be crying by the end of it. Amazing job. I'd not quite call it a masterpiece, as that would be vastly overstating things methinks, but let's just say it's a relative masterpiece. Relative to most, if not all, similar ventures. Bravo.

I'm sure Some Git on a Posh Stool would be proud, were he actually conscious... As it is, I think only his subconscious is active, and even then likely only fragments of it. Poor sod, but it could be said that without him, the walls of the Materium would crumble and the galaxy would be overrun by Chaos over night (figuratively of course). That said, I am a worshiper of Grandfather Nurgle, the Father of All Things, so I'd likely not see the collapse of the Materium as such a bad thing, but I can still appreciate His sacrifice. Entombed on the Golden Throne, eternally between life and death, holding back hell itself from the galaxy. Effectively sacrificing himself to save the souls of every sentient in the galaxy. Way better than that Jesus story, eh?
E.S. Asher chapter 11 . 6/20/2012
I like this story, as odd as it was. Most impressive to me was how well you kept everyone in character despite their wild differences. I also appreciated the ending, very 40k methodology. Thanks for contributing this piece.
Madsamurai chapter 11 . 5/23/2012
That was really fun and well written. I think the scene with the Hammer-demon was really well written and captured the wrongness of the warp really well.
Ferdiad chapter 11 . 5/15/2012
Dat Plot twist.
Lord Arcturus chapter 11 . 4/7/2012
I am in awe.

On one hand this story was nothing that I expected it to be. It was fucking awesome and it portrayed the Imperials as decent folk, mostly anyway. None of that 'the Imperium genocides all aliens it encounters and are total bastards' BS that many like to think. Plus, none of them were unbearable assholes so that's a plus.

And on the other hand the Confessor isn't a full on retard like many of his ilk. Nice to see a level headed Ecclesiarchy priest, a confessor even. Also, the Magos isn't a total cockbite, surprise all around!

Any sequel(s) on the drawing board?
SneakyWalrus chapter 11 . 4/6/2012
Wow this is surprisingly good, better than most warhammer crossovers at least. Still i can help think that you've left this open to be continued somehow.

Ah well, it was a good read. 5/5
Malicean chapter 11 . 2/2/2012
I came across this story by recommendation and clicked on the link without looking too closely just where it was sorted in - I would have never touched it otherwise. MLP is the sort of thing that makes me reach for the insulin (and the brain bleach) at a mere look at the colour scheme. I liked the prologue, did a HEFTY double-take at the first chapter, but decided to go on anyway, thinking 'this is sooo going to be a massacre, but at least it'll be a well-written massacre.'

Chapter two did nothing to convince me otherwise, chapter three was a bit slow, but that little piece of ‘Elsewhere’ at the end of chapter one had me hooked enough to get past that, and then the story proper got rolling. And very nicely so! Good job on not trying to mesh the unmeshable, but make them coexist believably!

Chapter Ten was very much 40K – yay! – while the last one left me a bit unsatisfied – loose ends, ya know? A bit more would be appreciated.

(Minor quibble: congrats to Anderocus for exceptional fleetness of feet for walking 5 km, finding time to get armoured in-between and having a nice chat with Seria before boarding, and STILL make to the rendezvous outside the ship in fifteen (15!) minutes.)
Guest chapter 11 . 2/2/2012

Mel chapter 11 . 1/28/2012
Wow. A bizarre cross, but you handled it *beautifully*. The Warhammer OCs are great, and you write the MLP characters well. I especially like the ponies' sheer incomprehension at many of the things the humans do and say, particularly when Twilight started to realize how they view death (and Rainbow Dash's insect epiphany). Oh, and Twilight's distress over the lack of cutie marks. I'm sure the humans felt just as bewildered, although I guess their thoughts probably were more along the lines of, "Are these xenos for real?" overall. It's probably difficult to take a species that has Pinkie Pie in it seriously. Anyway, great work with this fic!