Reviews for Streets Of Rage: The Future Is Now
Rizwan chapter 12 . 10/25/2013
Next chapter please
Rizwan Fariz chapter 11 . 9/25/2013
I also loved streets of rage from childhood update next I hope Blaze and Axel patches things up.
GodsJesusHolyBilly chapter 2 . 8/14/2012
I don't know what made me look for a Streets of Rage fanfiction, but I'm glad I did.
This is brilliantly written.
Metal Harbinger chapter 9 . 8/12/2012
Dang, that was quite the "Welcome back" for Blaze to give Axel. LOL!

I like how you expanded further upon the background of Laxine in this chapter and it leaves me wondering if that's your way of explaining all those super tough bosses in the game and how they can be struck with knives, beaten with lead pipes or sliced with swords and they still come back for more like it's nothing.

I'm eager to see them going through the club and all the action likely to follow.
Metal Harbinger chapter 8 . 8/11/2012
Once again I liked how you included some actual action in this chapter and it was cool you incorporated Antonio, the level 1 boss from the first game, which is cool how you seem to be mixing elements from all three games into one story.

I really liked how you expanded upon Barbon's Bar and gave it an actual backstory with it being a hub for criminal activity, whereas in the game you just run through it beating up a few thugs and that's it like you're only passing through the place.

Also cool how you're expanding more upon Mona from SOR3's character and seem to be taking a more non-villainous role with her, but then again I could be wrong at this point seeing as I haven't completed the whole story yet.

Looking forward to reading more into it.
Metal Harbinger chapter 4 . 8/5/2012
It was nice to see some action finally pick up in this chapter, but sad to see what happened to Tim, whom I'm assuming was probably meant to be the same guy from the original SoR game that provides backup with the heavy artillery.

It's nice to see there is a "Streets of Rage" fic on here as I too was always a fan of the series growing up and have for quite some time wanted to do my own fic inspired by the classic side-scrolling beat 'em ups like S.O.R., Final Fight, Double Dragon, Violent Storm, River City Ransom and so forth.

I just happened across this fic last night and look forward to seeing what happens in future chapters.
RedWingnut00 chapter 12 . 7/16/2012
Oh snap. Literally. Mona's history while nice to know, wasn't too surprising really. Also Shiva's line "I don't finish you off just yet." isn't exactly grammitically accurate, not to mention a bit confusing at first.
Grey Wolf4 chapter 11 . 6/28/2012
This is a pretty good Streets of Rage fanfic while I like new games I also still like the older ones including some of the ones mentioned on your profile. Old consoles I've played included the SNES, Megadrive, Mega CD and earlier Playstation models.
LovgrenO chapter 10 . 4/18/2012
It is nice to see a well written story about one of my favourite games. I especialy like your version of Max. Please write more chapters as I have enjoyed the story thus far.
The Retro Valentine chapter 10 . 4/4/2012
A note from the author:

Well, wasn't this a long time coming? The last two months have been more hectic than usual for me. In brief; I've had to move house, gone without regular internet access, an old friend of mine died and I've been visiting family in between. Yes, hectic is the word I used above but pandemonium would fit more accurately ;)

Anyway if I do still have any readers then I hope this chapter goes down well, I forewarn you though that it is a long one!

Take care all,

Stefinix
Ult.Strike chapter 9 . 2/13/2012
First of all, I am very glad you and this story are alive. And thank you for the review of my story. However 'final struggle' was sort of a release of an idea I had brewing in my mind. Unfortunately it failed to go beyond an idea and I ended it after the first chapter. HOWEVER: I am currently in the works of a new sonic the hedgehog story that is proving to be MUCH more than an idea. I hope you look forward to it.

My review:

A very intriguing break in the action. I'm glad to see Max get more light other than the 'large muscular supporter' light. Also, nice work on the revision of Zan's background. I find this much more realistic than his original.

I'm also pleased to see Axel make a comeback earlier than I expected. His fighting capabilities will be vital to Adam's rescue.

And last but not least, Skates. At first I was a bit miffed to see the 'sonic the comic' version of Sammy Hunter, as I was expecting all character to be in their offical game appearances. However, pondering this detail I realize that in all honesty, a 12-14 year old boy wouldn't be much help in a street fight against several adults; no matter what physical shape he's in.

None the less, I enjoyed this chapter as I did the others and eagerly await the next.
RedWingnut00 chapter 9 . 2/11/2012
Indeed the meeting between Axel and Blaze after all this time came to a head, or rather a fist to the head as it were. To be expected and better for them to get it out early rather then at a time that would not be good for anyone.

I don't suppose that Zan will be much of a fighter without his cyborg components, but the game can only have four players anyway.

Cameo note: The chick at the beginning being the one to whip you in SOR1. Not hostile this time around.
The Retro Valentine chapter 9 . 2/9/2012
A note from the author:

Hello readers, I just wish to give you all a quick heads up on the latest chapter.

I have been working on this one for some time now (albeit slowly) and as the length of text just kept on increasing I eventually decided to split it into separate chapters. So this is about half of what I had initially wanted in Chapter 7 but alas the second half will have to wait a little bit longer. (This is why there is more dialogue in this chapter over action scenes, but I promise there is a lot to come!)

Take care all and thanks for reading,

Stefinix
RedWingnut00 chapter 8 . 1/25/2012
Didn't review until now as there wasn't really much for me to comment on. Sometimes that happens. Is chapter 7 still coming along all right?
SuperVada chapter 8 . 1/5/2012
Almost forgot this I play too much Streets of Rage Remake. lol Anyway I like this part where Max and Blaze that action against the game bosses. I can imagine the boss theme from 1 and 2 (and Remake) in this battle. :) Darn it Skate! Why no Corkscrew Kick? lol So anyway very good. Can't wait for part 9.