Reviews for Disbelief
The Flaming Dragonfly chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
I've had several requests for the address of the non-edited version of "Disbelief." Because of regulations, I can't put the actual address here, but I'll try to put a written out address.

audreys-efanfic dot freeservers dot com/disbelief dot html

Please check out the other stories on this site. There are dozens of great reads.
donna tozer chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
I really liked this story. you got the angst right for johnny re the rape. i would like the unedited version but I don't know how to find your email address.
kat087600 chapter 10 . 3/14/2014
WOW! that's all I got to say is wow. Thank you for writing this. It couldn't have been easy. I had a friend who was attacked in high school. She started cutting and was going down hill fast. She is now a grief counselor in Florida and helping those who have been through as much as she has.
5secondrule chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Seriously? I joined this forum because of this story. Awesome, awesome writing, strong plot, excellent and unexpected turns that make sense and seem real...I grew up on this show, so it is sometimes hard for me to read and parse the license that accompanies some of these stories (I mean - I just learned about SLASH! WTH? I'm so behind the times). This isn't how I would have pictured things going, but I was ENTHRALLED.

Brava, chica!

-5second
SaraiEsq chapter 10 . 8/13/2012
I have to agree with the other reviewers: This was a powerful story.
ElspethNZ chapter 10 . 5/21/2012
Hi,

I stumbled across this version of your story today and read it with high hopes. It did not disappoint. This has to be my fave E! story ever and it is such a powerful and gripping work - I re-read it often. I love seeing Johnny out of character and the rawness of it all. I will have to compare it now with the original and see what the main differences are but I shall save them both. I think you could do a great story of Johnny's troubled past and upbringing - hint!I do hope you will do some more E! stories and will keep a look out for new work from you. FABULOUS story!

Elspeth

New Zealand
FABreader chapter 10 . 4/3/2012
Just found this story and I have to congratulate you. It's a very difficult subject but you handled it superbly and very realistically. You also managed to keep the characters in character- so much so I could hear their voices while I was reading it.

An excellent story, well written and constructed. Thank you.
TheNaggingCube chapter 10 . 2/23/2012
Wow. What a horrific and sad adventure that Johnny and all survived.

Well done.
Ariane Rivendell chapter 10 . 2/20/2012
I commend and applaud you for tackling this subject and doing it with realism and understanding. Terrifying, one of the worst nightmares anyone could experience, but everything was written well. I'm glad you posted it.
doctorjay chapter 6 . 12/18/2011
I remember this story from before. It is one of the best Emergency fics out there. Amazing writing, powerful, serious topic. Realistic and complex characterization and plot without a pat, sappy wrap-up.

Too bad some people don't like it- their loss. Watch the ratings, folks! If you can't stand the heat, stick to the K stories.
wyranah-ST2009 chapter 10 . 12/3/2011
I congratulate you.

I can not believe the great swirl journey, of feelings,

confused, humiliated, not understand their own feelings, ashamed, after this tremendous attack horrible...

I had read this story, and the other version too, but after re-reading "Disbelief" here, even today my skin is still bristling.

This story always struck me as one of the best stories, written from E!, by touching this sensitive topic, and so serious, as you do. The life, the environment changes after an event so brutal, but after all, though not easy, one can still find a balance.

Reading again, this version of "Disbelief" by chapters, makes me reaffirm the opinion I have of you and your story or stories. You're a writer "excellent".

I'm sorry, you can not bring this story together with other stories , or can not publish the other version stronger.

I Just say, The Flaming Dragonfly, "THANKS! by "Disbelief" excellent story, (which is saved, both versions, long ago, in my files).

Thank you!

Ana:)

PS:Do you have a different version, at 2 posted on another site where you are, as "Guest Dispatchers"? If so I would love to read.
Kelmin chapter 10 . 11/29/2011
I'm glad this story re-appeared. I was looking for a new chapter a little while ago and was disappointed not to be able to find the story, so I was very glad to see it reappear.

Kudos to you for tackling a sensitive subject with honesty and realism. We don't like to think of things like that happening to "people" we "know," even "people" who are fictional characters.

But they happen. Your depictions of JOhnny's reactions were vivid, heartbreaking, and realistic. SOme might say they were out of character-and they would have been, for the pre-trauma Gage. But as Johnny realized at the end of the story, the "before" Johnny is gone for good. The actions of the "after" Johnny were completely believable.

Excellent story, and very well written. I did locate the original unexpurgated version, and it was even more gut-wrenching, but in my opinion, your treatment of the story so it would be publishable on this site (albeit with an appropriate 'M' rating) worked perfectly fine. Because the story isn't about the event itself-it's about the aftermath.

Thanks very much for putting this story up on this site.
wolfprowl chapter 10 . 11/29/2011
having finished the story I applaud your courage and insight. Having gone through a similar trauma myself I can attest to the feelings John went through. Watching and listening to my son talk about what he experienced from his own trauma was very very close to what Gage went through. My son however did OD. He is fine today but this kind of stories are very much appreciated. So thank you for an excellent story.
wolfprowl chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
just started reading it and am very intrigued. With the preface you have written I would like to read the original version, but do not know how to get an email to you.