Reviews for A Private Conversation
BlueKarou79 chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
Sweet :) Your stories are always so well written.
ForeverMrs.Padfoot chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
awww the ending bit when he was thinking of ways to ask her out :) great fic!
JLH chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Very nice. I like character studies and this one was very much in keeping with both Magda as well as Mark. I look forward to reading more of your work.
kate cee chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
short and sweet :) LIKE!
Felix02 chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Love it as always. Interesting that you had Mark speak with Magda in a kind of private setting. I don't think I've ever seen that before, but I think it's wonderful when people have Mark interacting with Bridget's friends...well, the less crazy, eccentric ones (well him conversing with them as well is also quite fun to witness).

Good job with this, though I do wish I could see another story where he asks her out. I just love how you have them interact. It's always spot on!
alix33 chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
"He took the stairs two at a time not because he was in any great rush to get back upstairs and to the overbearing woman who seemed to think she had him on a short lead, but rather, because his step felt lighter than it had in some time due to another woman, the one from whom he had just parted." - I am always in utter awe of people who CAN take steps two at a time (I have always been too clumsy and, since I finished growing, too short-legged to even attempt it myself without a great measure of sometimes potential and sometimes actual calamity), though Mark's reason for doing it is excellent, too (now that I know it. Before, I always thought "henpecked!" and "Poor Bridge has not a hope in hell" when he did that).

"it was nice—more than nice, delightful—" - That bit made me smile.

"She narrowed her eyes, then said, "Tsk. It's unbecoming to go chasing after the single girl." - To quote Rubeus Hagrid from the Harry Potter books and movies wildly out of context: "Ah, go boil your head, Natasha!"

"Bridge," said Cosmo with a wink. "I suspect she does not, in fact, have scales all over her body under her clothes." He waggled his brows at Mark." - EW! Could Cosmo BE any more gross and lewd if he tried?

"Bridget was Magda's friend. He could find out a little more about her. However, he did not know how best to approach it without eliciting a similar response to Cosmo's," - Magda would need a) a sex change; and b) a draining of all her IMO considerable amount of grey matter before she would be anything akin to Cosmo, I reckon.

Yay! for everything Magda is telling Mark, though Bridget will, I think, at first, be pissed off at her that she did.

"Magda then did something that surprised him: she gave him a sidelong look, a smirk hovering upon her lips, then asked in an uncharacteristically forthright manner, "So, Mark, thinking of asking her out?" He felt the heat of his blush wash across his skin. "Am I that transparent?" - Hehehe. A blushing Mark Darcy sounded yummy beyond all sense.

"We got off to such a bad start, though, on New Years in Grafton Underwood, and it's been downhill from there." "New Years?" He could see the wheels turning in her mind. "You went to her mum's curry buffet?" He nodded. "Oh… oh God. You weren't wearing the reindeer jumper, were you?" "It was in fact me," he said sheepishly. "I was in a foul mood. I mean, I always get that way around Christmas." "For good reason," interjected Magda, patting his hand with her own; Magda only knew that was when the marriage broke up, when Mark had left his adulterous wife, but Magda did not know any details, and he preferred it that way." - AW!
mattsloved1 chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
I have cleaning and prep work to do for tomorrow so this was a lovely surprise in my inbox. Thanks for the smile to start my snowy and busy day. :D

And I still think YOU should be writing the third movie. If the rumors are true you would certainly do the characters more justice!
nikje chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
Awww...sweet! I knew I always liked Magda for some reason :)

Would love to see Mark clearly ditching Natasha after this as well you know... small follow up?

Thank you for another story - I just reread the fox & the rose this week (my favorite!) while wishing for more of your stories!

middlekertz chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
Hayyayy! I was JUST thinking about you! Maybe... YESTERDAY! Or even TODAY! And about how I'm really excited, because you've been ratber quiet for a little while now, and I feel like you might be working on yet another masterpiece. This one was rather good, too, so thank you for this.

So, any grand plans in the works? :)