Reviews for Between The Years Apart
TobyTyTy chapter 13 . 5/19/2013
That was funny when Flynn yelled about his face. I remember putting a whoopie cusion on my cousin's bed. My other cousin and I tried to have a straight face when she passed by. we started filming outside. There was about a minute of silence, then we hear, "WHAT THE FRICK?" We started laughing then the door bursts open, and she comes out and gave me a black eye with her hard cover math textbook and pushed my other cousin in to the in door spa. We were still laughing and she laughed a little too. Hilarious.
WhovianJedi chapter 14 . 5/16/2013
Awwww, I almost cried! Poor Sam! Can't wait for next chapter!
Cyberbutterfly chapter 13 . 3/13/2013
Awww... This one made me sad... Both because of how down Sam felt, but also because he doesn't seem to understand that Alan's there because Alan CARES and would do anything to help Sam.

Especially after he admits that it feels like nobody cares... What better proof could you ask for?

(ps... sorry this took so long to review... I had an art project to finish, so I was avoiding the computer because it seems to be the one device that actively eats the time right out from under me)
BSG007Falcon chapter 13 . 3/13/2013
Poor Sam! It's so sad!
Cyberbutterfly chapter 12 . 2/28/2013
Your Back! Glad to see you haven't given up on the story!

I'm curious to know of how aware Flynn was of the passage of time for everyone OUTSIDE the grid. Cause- it would have been, like, 2 THOUSAND years for him, and you have to wonder if eventually if he might have started to simply lose track of what the time displacement factor would be... (um, feel free to consider that a prompt :D)

It's sad though... I usually don't have a lot of sympathy for Flynn, because, while I know Clu owns a LOT of blame- Flynn was the catalyst that made it all go pear shape... So, the fact that you've actually managed to break my heart for him a little bit is a HUGE achievement. (feel free to puff chest with pride)

So... Now, I'm going to waylay you with prompts... Because, why not? Besides, I think about this fic every once in a while and ideas kinda just kept piling up. ;P

1) CLU'S thoughts on Flynn being trapped in the grid- because something tells me him getting away and hiding out for 20 years wasn't exactly what he had planned... So frustrated/angry/ tired Clu?

2) Kevin's thoughts on the rumours of a renegade calling himself Tron (hey- Uprising is canon, we might as well use it!)... Maybe reflecting on the real Tron.

3) Alan's POV- (hey, why not?) This would be a little farther down the road- but Sam has a really crappy day and Alan swoops in help him feel better. Sam says the fatefull words "I wish YOU were my dad" causing Alan to feel like the floors been kicked out from under him.

4) Kevin's POV... Quorra sneaks out to investigate rumors of a new 'enforcer' on the grid and Kevin frets and reflects on how wrong it's all gotten.

5) Clu's POV... Looks at his newest creation- Rinzler- and his effects on the grid and reflects on how right everything is becoming. (yeah, that's right... see what I did there)

6) Sam's POV... The guys a dare devil- the stunt at the start of Legacy proved that... So- the first time he does something really reckless and stupid and realizes that- for the brief second of 'will I, won't I die'- he felt like everything was fine.

7) Alan's POV... When he realizes that control of Flynn's company is being pulled from his grasp. A sad reflection of the loss of Flynn's ideals and the moment he decides to create (with Roy) the 'Flynn Lives' movement.
Cyberbutterfly chapter 8 . 7/7/2012
Okay- NICE tie in with the last chapter! And so heartbreakingly sad... Of course, a LOT more time has gone for Flynn (it'd be something like 20 years fro him)... But to realize that your never going to see your kid again- that you missed his birthday... That you FORGOT his birthday (even just for a while)... Yeah, I can see how Flynn would become so broken- eventually turning into the man we saw in Legacy.
Cyberbutterfly chapter 7 . 7/6/2012
Poor Sam... I couldn't imagine celebrating my birthdays without my dad to make the insanity even worse... But Ellie seems nice (wouldn't mind see a story or two more with her) and I'm glad at least someone reached out to Sam.
Cyberbutterfly chapter 6 . 5/22/2012
Sorry about the delayed review... Time really got away from me the last few days...

But I must say, I LOVE what you've done with this chapter! Just the innocence of Quorra asking her questions... And then you have Flynn dreaming about not only Sam, but Tron's conversion into Rinzler... Breaks the heart.

It was also a great choice to use Quorra to 'bookend' this story. You've got her interacting with Flynn at the beginning, and you see her slowly building into the relationship we know from the movie- but then at the end you see her starting wanting to branch out and learn.

Can't wait to read the next chapter!
Cyberbutterfly chapter 5 . 5/12/2012
Okay... So just found this story- and seeming as how you asked for ideas... Here are a few.

Kevin Flynn's side of things.

- He gets reports of how Clu is remaking the system in his image.

- He finds out about the enforcer 'Rinzler' and learns what it's capable of.

- Kevin mentioned it being a 'long time' since he dreamed of Tron in the movie... So, what about an snipet where Kevin dreams about Tron- and then has to explain to Quorra what 'dreams' are.

And now... I know you didn't ask... But a few for Sam (to be used, ignored, or rejected at your whims ;D)

- The first birthday where Sam doesn't have his father present.

- Alan awkwardly trying to fill the role of 'surragate father' for the first time.

- Sam acting out in some fashion to deal with the grief of his father missing.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the short little snippets, so please keep writing. And use what you will from these. (or don't- I certainly won't take any offense) Just keep writing. :)
Narutoluvr9 chapter 2 . 3/26/2012
It's pretty good. I'd prefer longer chapters. I look forward to seeing what other oneshots will be added.