Reviews for Winter's Radiance
kat chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
aww, this was gorgeous. i love it so much, and dominique is so lovely and teddy is so sad. i really love the writing and the descriptions- the lovely phrases, glamorous but not over the top, interesting but not complicating. it's a really good balance and you use the lovelies words and the characters are so interesting. it's like they're described in metaphors and similes and pretty language and behind all that is them, like you've built up their characters as you go along. you know that phrase 'show don't tell' used to describe the best way to write? well, i really like how you've done that. you're showing the connection and the closeness of the family and the personalities of the people and the weather and dominique and teddy's relationship without saying "it's complicated between them" or "the family is close and tight-knit".
i don't know, i just love this so much.

kat xx
hawkeyeforever chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
So sweet and wistful. Love it! Happy Writing:)
my best enemy chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
ooh, this was just absolutely beautiful! i loved the despair teddy feels at the beginning, the way his i love you is lost in the wind, and the way he still marries victoire, and though i'm not to big on him kissing dom at the wedding, i liked the way it rounded the story off, with dom going and dancing with scorpius. the hopefulness at the end (which makes it so different from the usual 'tragic' stories) was quite sweet too, and gave me hope for our favorite OTP ;) really lovely, pearl!
Shades of amber chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
I've re-read this for a second time now. And i still enjoy it. This was amazing. :)
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
You're really good at writing angsty stuff - this is honestly just sooooo pretty. I absolutely love the imagery, particularly that of the wedding rings, the reminder that it's impossible for him to ever love Dominique.

I loved this line, "Somewhere in the distance, a ring glistens on her sleeping sister's finger."

And also this one, "His "I love you, too" is lost in the storm."

The descriptions - all the vivid images of sparkles and stars and winter storms - are fantastically drawn here. I also love the way you portray Dominique's strength - how she's out in the cold in the beginning of the story, and then how angry she is when he tells her he loves her at the wedding. I liked Teddy's conflictedness too, but I wish you'd delved into a little more about why he was so conflicted - I feel like since he did marry Victoire, and "maybe it'll be alright" his feelings for /her/ (or at least reasons for staying with her) should've veen explored too.

Lovely language in this, though; I swear all the angst just makes your talent s-h-i-n-e. I love angsty one(ish)sided TeddyDom, and its perfectly portrayed here.
o Sweet Disposition o chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Hey, I really enjoyed reading this! Always liked the idea of Dominique and Teddy together, even with the lack of info on the two characters. Anyway, awesome job! :)
my insides are blue chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
This was really good! I'm a Teddy/Vic fan, but now, after reading this, maybe I'll start liking Dom/Teddy...

I loved your portrayal of Dominique. She's a strong and courageous person here. I've always imagined Victoire to be the beautiful, brave one. Not Dominique. And I think you did full justice to Teddy. I could sympathize with him, as well as feel bad for what he was doing to Victoire. The chemistry between the three characters, with Teddy's love for Dominique and him feeling caught in the middle, was good.

There's nothing I can say about your writing. It's just really too amazing! From your use of words to your specific details, your writing is highly praiseworthy. The ending was my favorite. It gives you a sense that they are going to move on, and that makes you feel that maybe, Teddy is going to be happy with Victoire after all.

Though I would've liked to see more of Victoire, I cannot find any flaw in this story. It was fantastic, and thank you for doing my challenge! Great job! :)

-Cate.
keep my issues drawn chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
I love TedToire, but I really liked this fic! I swear in every fic I read about Dom, she ends up alone. There just aren't enough next-gen characters that aren't Weasleys!

That was a beautiful fic, I loved it. :')
Guest chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
I'm sorry this review is so late! It's been a combination of school and work and laziness, I'm afraid. ;)

But gah, Pearl - this entire fic, you have no idea. It's absolutely beautiful. I simply adore your Dominique, though she's so different from mine. The fact that she just tries to accept the fact that he's marrying her sister even though it's ripping her apart, ugh. Perfect. I can't get enough of this.

AND THE HINTS OF SCORDOM can I just oh my god. Is there anything you write that isn't gorgeous?

And the description of Victoire in her wedding dress is stunning, one of my favourite descriptions in the entire piece. The things you do to me, Pearl.

Okay so I loved this insanely so, if you hadn't already gathered that. I feel so honored it's written partly for me! I love you :)
centralperks chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
PPEAARRLLL! THANK YOU SO MUCH, WHAT A FAB PIECE!

this was so pretty I died. OKay, so, I love how you used the park - i think it worked out really nicely! ;) and just the way Dominique and Teddy were together GOD i wanted them together SO BAD. but I found some DomScor in there, and some TedVic, and you pretty much made this perfect.

WOw okay, so I will never get over your descriptions, of the park or the wedding. Or their kiss. I was like adghdkfjghkfjgh melons this is sad creys. Don't make me cry :( BUT THEN the part where Dominique takes Scorpius to dance, and she laughs and woowowo my shipper heart died. TOO MANY PRETTY SHIPS! Your writing is so exquisite.

THANK YOU A THOUSAND TIMES OVER, I love this piece to DEATH.

combeferring chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
DID I DETECT A WEE BIT OF SCORPIUSDOMINIQUE HERE, TWINNY?

So basically I loved it but I was obviously going to, because it has all of my favourite characters here. well, as in my favourite characters when you write them lolol.

Anywho, firstly: YOUR DOMINIQUE. arrrrgh, idek why but you always make her so vivid and I don't know how you do it but you just DO and it makes me insanely jealous. She's so realistic in the park and the book and her interactions with Teddy and arrrggh. Gimme yo skills.

Second, you Teddy is so perfectly tortured and so conflicted and argh it's just right, okay? He just is brilliant, okay? There are no words. He's too good to be described. You write him as this real person who you can imagine and I CAN JUST SEE HIM OKAY. He's amazing.

And then you put it all in super pretty words and sentences and make it all melodic and and just plain beautiful. And angst! Argh, write angst more often and let me love you.

Also, yayy for Dominique and Scorpius getting a clue! Anywho.

Basically a fantabulous job, you fantastic human being and this is just wonderfil on so many levels okay? Fantasticamundo, Twinny!

(okay, I am never saying that word again okay, never let me say that).
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
Dominique/Teddy... simply amazing. It's beautiful and it's poetic and it's makes my head spin. The parts in parentheses worked nicely, too, I thought.
sydneysages chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
Pearl, this was absolutely amazing! i absolutely love how you wrote it, even though you screwed up my OTP of TeddyVic.

Your style of writing is amazing and just so utterly perfect & I absolutely love how you wrote it, with the parenthesis and stuff & yeah, it was awesome!

Vicky xx
abnormalities chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
This is beautiful. I'm constantly on the lookout for good Teddy/Dom fics and this is one of the best I've read. Very good job! I'd love to see you write more.
lowi chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
This was amazing, Pearl. Pure beautifulness, truly.

I've said it to you so many times, and I really should know it myself by now, but everytime I read something of you, your language stuns me. It's so beautiful, you really know how to create the perfect amount of metaphors and abruptness, if you know what I mean? :)

I also loved your characterisations in this. &hearts

Oh, and the beginning, where you like, "wrote about two things at the same time," that part was epic.

Wonderful wonderful WONDERFUL work, Pearl!