Reviews for A House In the Mirror
HousesHead13 chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Okey, I have been reading lots of your crazy stuff in here...so you are going to have some reviews as the day go by, you fucking deserve it!...I am kind of obsessed p...I loved this story so far, house s fear at the beginning...the way House talks about the slavery with Wilson of Cuddy...how he being from another universe is so shocked because of this different reality...how his human side is shown in here...how he told Wilson that he enjoys Houses pain...it was terrific...beautiful!
Guest chapter 2 . 11/6/2012
I'm glad cuddy is not a witch.
me chapter 4 . 12/23/2011
Brava! Excellent ending to an excellent story!

"at least he wouldn't be repeating the mistakes of the past"

This is great - he's going to reach out to the fellows, and maybe form some friendships, at least professional if not personal.

I still would have liked to see House go back and get his Wilson, without returning Greg to Collar!Verse, but that would have required a serious deus ex machina, so without that, I think this is the best ending possible.
MissBates chapter 4 . 12/21/2011
Okay, my previous questions have been answered. Liked this a lot, will go and read its counter-piece, and maybe some more CollarVerse. It is kinda depressing, though. Thanks for posting.
MissBates chapter 2 . 12/21/2011
This is very interesting. I haven't read any of the CollarVerse, but so far the plot seems reasonably clear to me (except for Wilson's attitude in all this.) If there's any short introduction that also throws a light on Wilson's rather creepy behaviour, I'd be grateful for a wink.
oflymonddreams chapter 4 . 12/21/2011
I love LOVE House's encounter with "Dickie" in the canteen. That by itself would make a reason for him to quit now he *can*... which Greg in the Collar!Verse proper *can't*.

I like Foreman and Cameron much better - they're both trying to make House aware of what Wilson's like in this universe.

"The guard holding his cane hit the stop button on the elevator and House felt a moment of real fear, remembering Wilson's warning about wandering around the hospital unescorted, and his talk of how the hospital staff 'used' Greg. House wasn't a slave, but would the lack of a collar stop these men?"

Ouch. Yeah... and Collar!Greg would know they couldn't "use" him when they were on duty, or when they were expecting to deliver him to Cuddy in a few minutes.

*"You rang, mistress?" House said, bowing deeply as he entered Cuddy's office. The security guards had seen him to the door and then departed, he hoped. Cuddy looked up from her paperwork and frowned at him.*

This whole scene with Cuddy and House is great - she takes the wind out of his sails by apologizing for sending the security guards for him, before calling him down for accusing the dad, but the whole scene sets the end of the story right there - Cuddy *tells* House he'll never be accepted here as anything but an ex-slave.

And wow. That last scene with Collar!Wilson. That gave me the cold chills. I know I made him up, but when House lays out so clearly in that "I want morphine" scene exactly how far he is from canon!Wilson - that makes me shudder.

I cheered when House walked out! Right off to find his three fellows and propose they join him. At least he stands some chance of making his own life for himself in Collar!Verse.
Visitkarte chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
Aww, this is simply brilliant! Thank you for this piece of beauty! I am so happy he read them like an open book and left them behind. They didn't deserve to have any Greg House there!
damigella chapter 4 . 12/20/2011
"My Wilson would have taken those blows for me, if he could."

This. I think I could finish my review here.

But, of course, I won't because I'm so terribly verbose :). This was absolutely perfect. Wilson, even this Wilson, giving House the hint to solve the case. House lashing out at the poor girl not "for nothing" as in canon but to blow off steam.

After Foreman giving the crop to Goodwill, now Wilson throwing the leash against the door (and, I'm sure, carefully collecting it and storing it with all the rest of his, uh, purchases). Perfect Cuddy, deciding it's not worth the effort to retain House against his will - but keeping ready to buy him again should he go on the market.

Even Cameron has a certain dignity in this verse - after all, it is she who alerts House against Wilson, and House tests him and finds him disappointingly different from the Wilson he lost. Which means of course that I've gone full circle and I'm back where I started. In awe.

I like how both companion fics are open-ended, both Houses dealing with difficulty and yet hope with the new universe they find themselves in. Thank you for thinking of us in this very busy time.

PS Extra thanks for alerting me to the work of Ravenhurst. I will have to understand how communities work.
Visitkarte chapter 3 . 12/10/2011
Oh, dear, what a cruel realization! He can't like this Wilson and realized he actually had a chance with "his" Wilson and failed to see it and grab it. And now it's too late! Ant this world is creepy at best even for "Greg", for House it’s terrible.
Guest chapter 3 . 12/9/2011
This is getting more and more intriguing. Love your characterisations. Love the view of the collarverse "from the outside".

Oh, and I wouldn't be surprised if Cuddy would keep part of House's "modest salary" as rent for using the diagnostics department as sleeping place. And charge him for food. And heat. And the use of the utilities.
me chapter 3 . 12/8/2011
I'm sad, because House is sad :(

Can we get both House and Greg in the canonverse? House could get Wilson, and Greg could be a long-lost twin.

CollarVerse doesn't deserve to have a House, by whatever name!
limptulip chapter 3 . 12/8/2011
Interesting. I wonder if Wilson would still enjoy a relationship with House if he wasnt' in charge of him. Could House forge a relationship with alter Wilson?
Guest chapter 3 . 12/8/2011
Yay, a new chapter! Thank you! I really hope you will keep this going for a while.

I love that Wilson convinced himself that he wasn't doing anything wrong by having sex with Greg, because he's basically just a piece of equipment, but at the same time would have been okay with House being enslaved for no reason at all and handed over to him. Loved how pleased he is at seeing that 'at least' House and Greg are both in pain.

I am very curious about further reactions from the fellows and the hospital staff, and how Cuddy will handle his need for pain meds and how she will use it to chain House to PPTH. And how House will react when he finds out about the shackles made specifically for him.
anonymous chapter 3 . 12/8/2011
Boy, I sure would like to see Wilson become a slave and see how willing he would be. He sure needs to see the other side of things. I remember that he saw a training facility but seeing something and experiencing it are two different things.
afan chapter 2 . 12/6/2011
This is so awesome. I eagerly await to see how everyone reacts to 'freed' House and what sort of ruckus House'll manage to stir up.