Reviews for Broken Sky
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
This is a good story. Thanks for giving me credit. Yes, after reading the four books in 'The Unicorn Chronicles', I've finally come back to review your story.

The only two errors I caught were in Lightfoot's and Amalia's pieces. In Lightfoot's piece, 'jut' needs to be 'just'. In Amalia's piece, 'adrenalin' needs to be 'adrenaline'. Other than that, the story flows well.

Now, onto what I thought of the five pieces: I liked how you showed the events that occurred after the fourth book. It's understandable that Fallon would still be looking at the Axis Mundi. I was surprised at how he was forgetting his friends. The same for Lightfoot, in spite of how Moonheart treated him in the books. It's nice that we're able to see that Lightfoot really does care for his uncle. As for Cara, you did a good job keeping her in-character. I think by the time I read the third book, I was finding her annoying and that hasn't changed since I finished reading the books. With Martha, I can understand her concerns, which I'm glad you captured, since she would be distant from Cara and her mother. With Amalia Flickerfoot, it's nice that we find her having doubts towards her ruling.

This story was handled nicely. You did a fine job with this story. I hope you keep writing.

-Aria Breuer
Mississippicowfirl chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
(Adding from my last review) Also doing country/3 doors down sonfics. ;) most credit will go to the account owner!
Mississippicowfirl chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
SO COOL!

Look, I'm searching for someone who will share their fanfic account with me. I know it is a HUGE offer, but I'm going to start off saying that I would be writing Phantom Stallion, Phantom Stallion: Wild Horse Island, Winnie the Horse Gentler and Unicorn Chronicles. No foul language or immodesty.
luvsanime02 chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Thank you. Thank you so, so, so, so, so much for writing this. I've been waiting to read this, it feels like, since I finished the fourth book. This was excellent, and very thought-out, and the whole 'everything's not perfect' theme is brilliantly shown in these five vignettes. Wonderful.

"...and every outsider could take their time wondering jut what it was. " just
ghettos chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
Unicorn Chronicles . . . Ah . . .

I must say, this is the first Unicorn Chronicles fanfiction I've read /and yes, I call myself a fan

I think it's lovely. More than lovely, actually. It's beautiful. I loved this particular paragraph -

"Moonheart's death made Lightfoot consider his life and the meaning of it for the first time in a long while. The sky was dark when he finally emerged to see it again."

Nothing much to CC on, but now I'm heading off to read more UC fan fiction~

Forever yours,

Drew
Syberian Quest chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
I've never read the Unicorn Chronicles, so I had absolutely no background understanding of of this whatsoever.

{I just wanted to read your writing}

Really, I mean, I could rant on and on about HOW MUCH you've improved. And your imagery! GAH. I'm in love with your voice, simply the words that you use and the way you describe things. By experience, I know how much thought and effort can go into perfecting just one sentence and arranging it in a way that is clear, precise, and still poetic.

Right now I'm thinking of those first chapters of Midnight Wishes and of 39 Clues Fanmail. Your voice is still the same, but it's developed /so/ much. It's ten times stronger now.

And as of late, I've really had nothing of substance to critique you on. I think "eyesight" is one word, and personally, I probably would have said "entire life," instead of "whole" [This is totally style; I felt the latter was slightly awkward in the context of the sentence]

But you know, I'm not going to search for CC. I hate it when people search for things to criticize; why not just enjoy the story?. I noticed those two insignificant things, so I mentioned them, but everything else felt right. I don't know the characters or the story, but I just have this hunch that you might easily have given these characters depth that not even the author gave them. {I'm simply thinking of the 39 Clues here}

And the title was beautiful. Let me know when you right a book, okay?

~Sy