Reviews for X
RustedEagleWings chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
The ending is so adorbs! I could see him returning to tennis but I couldn't tell when so I just kept thinking 'just after this'. Beautifully written!
greetingsfrommaars chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
somehow the entire premise of this feels as unbelievable as the idea of Ryoma losing {yeah, I think I'm starting to hero-worship him now. oh dear.], but this is just so well done.
little Ryoma is adorable- I love his cereal groups, and the way he feels like so much more time has passed than in reality is expressive of just how much tennis has been entrenched in his life.
drippinghoney chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Fantastic story on Ryoma! I was spellbound the whole time. Not many go into what it truly means to have tennis dictate your life, or to have your life goal be to defeat your father. Having been raised by Echizen Nanjiroh, Ryoma is definitely not a normal kid. I loved how you showed all that and your Nanjiroh was spot on. Thanks for the great read!
ABundleOfDaydreams chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
Arysthae chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Gorgeous. The parental interaction with Ryoma and the simple description is lovely. Ryoma's perspective is lovely and the attempt to get rid of tennis and the feelings behind them are precious. I really loved the OCs and how normal they were. I also loved his attempt at basketball and how that turned out. It was really well done.

Arysthae
kimi-lee22 chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
This review is long cause I sorta took notes and wrote it down...aren't I strange one!

YAY Ryoma is eating his carrots Followed by grouping cereal to eat, believe it or not I still do this and I'm 24... lol. Aww he washes dishes, my mother would have been grateful if I had done this in fourth grade. Aww tennis freak...yes...plain freak...no way...adorable as heck, yep. Oh gosh comparing dieting to quiet tennis wonderful...but now I want chocolate. "Buy me a proper trampoline." LOL. Nanjiroh driving...scary though...wait no Ryoma driving *shudders* Kitty no like change, Ryoma, if you wish to live better put it back...or Karupin may kill you or something. Ryoma let me know if bring works with cats, I know it works with dogs. Reading is very good for you And Ryoma is not allowed to make sandwhiches gross! Though Milk is pretty good for you and chocolate is yummy.

IT was a fantastic story! Sorry this review is so long but I wanted to let you know my thoughts you know and prove that I read it SO ADORABLE!
thezerothpen chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Fantastic one-shot !

I loved everything about this story ! The pace was slow but captivating. Ryoma and his dad were perfectly pictured - Ryoma with all his uncertainty and his seriousness, Nanjiroh as frustrating as ever but still a good dad. I even liked the OC kids, which happens once in a... well in fact which had never happened in a fic before !

But what killed me most was the little details that took so much signifiance, especially the sneakers.

Thank you again for the read !
Sezu-Ni chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Whoa. That. Was. Epic. I think I liked the ending part the best of this story. The part where Nanjiroh's all like,

"Tennis is fun."

And Ryoma just says in his straight forward bluntly way.

"I don't believe you."

Interesting and I loved it.
Sezu-Ni chapter 1 . 11/27/2011

"Tennis is fun."

And Ryoma just says in his straight forward bluntly way.

"I don't believe you."

Interesting and I loved it.
ShamelesslyUsed chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
XDDD Ryoma can't leave tennis! It's his life! o_o

I was looking for a super sad fiction and I find this, but boy am I glad! :DDD
Trees of leaves chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
Wow. That was pretty awesome :D

I really like how you worked through their minds... Everything seems perfectly in character.

I love the details, like how when they were talking about leaving, and Ryoma maybe going to Japan :3

It flows really nicely. In short, an amazing 10k _ 3
silverrowan chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
Wow, just decided to read some PoT fics today and didn't expect to stumble upon this treasure. I love this, both nanjiroh and ryoma are absolutely in character and the father-son bonding family time made me very very happy. I always thought that we needed to see more of nanjiroh's direct influence on ryoma in the series and you've just delivered it :) lovely oneshot!