Reviews for Grace Period
I never could stand the Sawyer's attitude, but he was really a changed man at the end of his "journey". The pure love with Juliet made him a better person.
Your story is very good and the ending is very nicely done.
lostie chapter 36 . 9/19
You did a good work! Thanks!
Your style is very nice and intense.
Sawyer has ever been a real pain in the ass but I liked him anyway. An intriguing character.
Interesting study of character,well done!
One of the best Sawyer's moments is the goodbye with Jack in Exodus (season 1) when he tells the doc the last words of his daddy Christian. So moving and real,perhaps the first step of the odd friendship between Jack and Sawyer.
One of the worst Sawyer's moments is the steal of the guns,devised only to piss the community off.
It's hard to believe that behind his behaviour there was the group's welfare. It's so unreal that Sawyer was able to open the Marshal's case and not to steal the guns then. LOL
Everyman for himself:he always protects himself and his best interest.
He always knew that Kate didn't love him more than Jack or more than herself,but she cared about him.
Juliet loved him and pulled the best out of him. Sawyer and Ana Lulu was a beautiful and likely couple in my opinion.
In season 1 he was so eager to get off the creepy island,but in season 4 he wanted to settle down at the barracks because of his inadequacy or his insecureties for his future back home...at the moment he was afraid to face the world and the civilitation,he didn't want to get off the island anymore,he didn't anything of heroic jumping off the chopper.
Lia lostfan
sandyba chapter 1 . 5/31
I'm a huge fan of Jack's character and I miss Lost. Sawyer is an interesting character who is often misread by the audience.
He hates himself obviously,his tragic background marked his personality. He despises the man who became. He denigrates everyone,he's selfish,shoddy,lazy and annoying.
Sawyer basically would want to be a different,decent and good man,a better man. He would want to be like Jack and Hurley (his "best friends") for different reasons. He looks up to Jack,he's jealous of Jack and of his leadership right from the start,not just because of Kate,but because Jack is really a good and kind-hearted man.
S chapter 36 . 3/23
I just devoured this story in one amazing sitting.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !

I haven't cried that much reading a fic in a long time. You got the characters James Ford and Juliet Carlson in such a poignant & significant way. I'm legitimately at a loss for words to explain how much I adored this story, except to tell you that this was a brilliant re-telling of the Lost universe.

thanks so much for sharing this with us !
Gg chapter 36 . 1/23
I just finished rewatching Lost on Netflix and it wetted my appetite for more so I went looking for some truly excellent fan fiction (hard to find) when I found this gem. Thank you for all your efforts and time creating this wonderful extension of the characters lives and letting us into their hearts and minds. I loved it!
So I have to say first, you are a good writer, the insight into Sawyer was a welcome change and I enjoyed the writing style. That being said I don't find it believable at all about Sawyer and Claire being together. I began this last night and heartily enjoyed reading about Sawyer's POV until Claire and him started growing closer. And he began to imagine himself as Aaron's father. (wtf.) This is where I had to stop. I loved Claire and Sawyer separately, but together in a romantic relationship completely skeeved me out, to the point where I had to stop reading all together because I just couldn't get over it. Maybe that's on me for not being able to 'see' them together. I understand they were both hurt individuals, obviously, they'd been through a lot. But I don't believe they would get married. Live together, raise a kid together, maybe, but I don't think they'd make it official. Especially after Sawyer explicitly said 'he was supposed to be alone.' I hope you understand that I'm not disgusted by your writing, but by your choice of putting two characters that have really no sexual chemistry (a family oriented one, yes) together and making them settle for each other. Because essentially that's what they do. 'Oh, I'm hurting, and you've been taking care of me the whole time, let's be together.' That's how I read it. The writing was good, the storyline choice was not. I liked a lot of your insight, but after getting to the part about Claire I'm so grossed out I can't even read anymore of your story nor Suliet ff because it's been tainted by your poor storyline choice.
emerson023 chapter 36 . 3/29/2015
I enjoyed your perspective of the show and I especially liked reading a story from Sawyer's POV. Thank you for taking the time to share your imagination with us.
Noctuas chapter 36 . 7/22/2014
I just want to thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this story. It's amazing, simply amazing. Thank you.
delightedReader chapter 36 . 6/8/2014
Thank you so much!
Found this story totally by chance, started reading it, and before I knew it the night was gone, the sun was up and yet I just had to keep on reading...

It's a very well-crafted character study. My favorite parts are the Dharma years and anything you came up with after the official ending of the show.

I just wish you could write a similar piece about Richard, given the mystery surrounding him. Sayid would also be a great character to write about (I'm not particularly fond of the character, but he sure has a lot of baggage, and a good writer like you can make the reader actually grow fond of any given character).
It was a bit dark in some places, esp the concept of people just "settling" for someone they really like: marriage is hard enough over the years when it starts with actual love :-)
But it does fit with the overall story. Not easy to find someone if your past includes Smoke Monsters and time travel.
The plot is very tight, and also very original which is hard considering that you remained true to the original story line as well!
I can't imagine the amount of work you've devoted to produce such a well-polished captivating story.
I'll check your other stories, and wish you luck for your future writings!
Cheers,
makealist chapter 36 . 7/6/2013
I've been putting this off. Seeing the "COMPLETE" notice, I decided to string it out just a little, but couldn't put off forever. SO SORRY it's done. I feel you get this character *so* well. I loved most of all the parts you filled in for us, before, during and after his time on the island. I felt the after-Island James (Jim) was so distinctly different, like he really and truly used and took the opportunity and lessons given him.

As for this chapter . . . bliss. There was such a feeling of bliss throughout with love, acceptance, and understanding. Except a wee bit of tweaking of John Locke. LOL. It seems "right" to me that Charlie would have a leeeeeetle more trouble than Juliet accepting a James/Claire marriage. That's probably because I think anyone should feel wary if their gal ever got with him!

David . . . very interesting take! Loved it! I have a theory that with only a very few tweaks, the show could have easily made him Kate's son, but your version is a (better?) twist on that theory.

Loved it throughout. Sorry it's over . . . thanks so much for sharing
Chicago Firestarter chapter 36 . 6/27/2013
What an absolute perfect way to end it! Love your interpretation of that final scene, so much depth with their added thoughts and feelings. Wow, the way you brought it back around with grace - brilliant.

I didnt think anything could top the J.J. Abrams/Damon Lindelof finale of bringing it back around- that final scene, Jack's eye, Vincent running out. You, my friend, have matched it but from James' perspective.

I know you want to make a living writing and fanfic is for free, but you've got to keep writing them. Here's the deal... we'll all order The Blacksmith's Daughter and Storm Duty today, you keep writing fanfic on the side. Thank you again for sharing this great work!
Marla's Lost chapter 36 . 6/26/2013
Sighhhh...I'm teary eyed that it's over but it was beautifully done. The ending was everything I could have asked for and then some. This was a wonderful story and ride and I'll probably come back and read it again.

Take a bow for the best entertainment and story I have read in awhile!

I'll miss the updates but I'll check in on your others pretty soon.

Marla
eyeon chapter 36 . 6/25/2013
Crying like a baby! Both because it is over :-( and because the whole story was so beautifully written and The End was SO perfect! (this was MEANT to be an eloquent review conveying the level of awesomeness you achieved)!

I swear I'm going to buy your 'for pay' books! Your writing is fantastic. Maybe I'll even catch up with you at a book signing someday! Thanks so very much and all the best in your writing career!
Guest chapter 36 . 6/25/2013
Well written all along. Made me cry more than once. Enjoyable, you really nailed the characters and your descriptions are terrific. Enjoyed the Sawyer/Claire twist too. Nicely done.