Reviews for Grace Period
emerson023 chapter 36 . 3/29
I enjoyed your perspective of the show and I especially liked reading a story from Sawyer's POV. Thank you for taking the time to share your imagination with us.
Noctuas chapter 36 . 7/22/2014
I just want to thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this story. It's amazing, simply amazing. Thank you.
delightedReader chapter 36 . 6/8/2014
Thank you so much!
Found this story totally by chance, started reading it, and before I knew it the night was gone, the sun was up and yet I just had to keep on reading...

It's a very well-crafted character study. My favorite parts are the Dharma years and anything you came up with after the official ending of the show.

I just wish you could write a similar piece about Richard, given the mystery surrounding him. Sayid would also be a great character to write about (I'm not particularly fond of the character, but he sure has a lot of baggage, and a good writer like you can make the reader actually grow fond of any given character).
It was a bit dark in some places, esp the concept of people just "settling" for someone they really like: marriage is hard enough over the years when it starts with actual love :-)
But it does fit with the overall story. Not easy to find someone if your past includes Smoke Monsters and time travel.
The plot is very tight, and also very original which is hard considering that you remained true to the original story line as well!
I can't imagine the amount of work you've devoted to produce such a well-polished captivating story.
I'll check your other stories, and wish you luck for your future writings!
Cheers,
makealist chapter 36 . 7/6/2013
I've been putting this off. Seeing the "COMPLETE" notice, I decided to string it out just a little, but couldn't put off forever. SO SORRY it's done. I feel you get this character *so* well. I loved most of all the parts you filled in for us, before, during and after his time on the island. I felt the after-Island James (Jim) was so distinctly different, like he really and truly used and took the opportunity and lessons given him.

As for this chapter . . . bliss. There was such a feeling of bliss throughout with love, acceptance, and understanding. Except a wee bit of tweaking of John Locke. LOL. It seems "right" to me that Charlie would have a leeeeeetle more trouble than Juliet accepting a James/Claire marriage. That's probably because I think anyone should feel wary if their gal ever got with him!

David . . . very interesting take! Loved it! I have a theory that with only a very few tweaks, the show could have easily made him Kate's son, but your version is a (better?) twist on that theory.

Loved it throughout. Sorry it's over . . . thanks so much for sharing
Chicago Firestarter chapter 36 . 6/27/2013
What an absolute perfect way to end it! Love your interpretation of that final scene, so much depth with their added thoughts and feelings. Wow, the way you brought it back around with grace - brilliant.

I didnt think anything could top the J.J. Abrams/Damon Lindelof finale of bringing it back around- that final scene, Jack's eye, Vincent running out. You, my friend, have matched it but from James' perspective.

I know you want to make a living writing and fanfic is for free, but you've got to keep writing them. Here's the deal... we'll all order The Blacksmith's Daughter and Storm Duty today, you keep writing fanfic on the side. Thank you again for sharing this great work!
Marla's Lost chapter 36 . 6/26/2013
Sighhhh...I'm teary eyed that it's over but it was beautifully done. The ending was everything I could have asked for and then some. This was a wonderful story and ride and I'll probably come back and read it again.

Take a bow for the best entertainment and story I have read in awhile!

I'll miss the updates but I'll check in on your others pretty soon.

Marla
eyeon chapter 36 . 6/25/2013
Crying like a baby! Both because it is over :-( and because the whole story was so beautifully written and The End was SO perfect! (this was MEANT to be an eloquent review conveying the level of awesomeness you achieved)!

I swear I'm going to buy your 'for pay' books! Your writing is fantastic. Maybe I'll even catch up with you at a book signing someday! Thanks so very much and all the best in your writing career!
Guest chapter 36 . 6/25/2013
Well written all along. Made me cry more than once. Enjoyable, you really nailed the characters and your descriptions are terrific. Enjoyed the Sawyer/Claire twist too. Nicely done.
Alicia chapter 35 . 6/20/2013
I loved your story, you really captured James "Sawyer" Ford. Frankly, I never bought the Suliet relationship, but you made me a believer. Those chapters should have beens Lost episodes!
makealist chapter 35 . 6/17/2013
Hmmmmmmmm . . . hmmmmmmmm. This is me processing this chapter. You do *such* a good job of making Claire & James (Jim) make sense. Living together, depending on each other, slowly growing together. I feel like it really works. And then . . . and then, I remember it's CLAIRE, and I . . . I can't decide why I have trouble getting my head around it. I think probably bc she seems so very much younger than he is? I guess. Then I think I wouldn't be nearly so weirded out if he hooked up with Shannon (aside from her being dead, of course), so then I realize it's not an age thing. Maybe it's the big brotherly relationship being turned into something sexual . . . but then he grapples with that here in such a way that it WORKS and MAKES SENSE and then I think again that it is CLAIRE and round and round I go.

Also, I picture sideways Juliet being all, "You married Claire? Well, that's so sweet." But sideways Charlie being "SAWYER? You married SAWYER? How am I supposed to compete with THAT?" But that may just be my Sawyer love. Who can compete? No one.
eyeon chapter 35 . 6/14/2013
Wow, I can't believe I _liked_ that he and Claire got together. You have a very clever way of twisting my brain around! So glad you gave props to Charlie and Juliet! Perfectly well-done! So Kate and Richard, huh? I guess that works, too! Miles has someone! Awesomeness. Please go on!
Chicago Firestarter chapter 35 . 6/13/2013
Aw, makes my heart happy and sad at the same time...so good. Kate and old raccoon eyes, James and Claire - all just doing the best they can. Love the dialogue, makes me miss Sawyer even more.
Marla's Lost chapter 34 . 6/13/2013
You married Lapidus and Cindy - that was a bonus! Loved LOVED lOvEd thsi chapter and the suliet made me tear up. Thanks for keeping Hugo the same and Bernard so understanding!
Melissa chapter 34 . 6/11/2013
Simply beautiful. You are a wonderful writer!
makealist chapter 34 . 6/11/2013
Brilliant. So much to this chapter, humor and sadness (I was tearing up again, when I thought I'd gotten over that) and answers and brilliant characterization . .. and back on the Island. Bernard and Rose!

"She told me not to put Edmund Burke's name on it. She got a little scary about that," LOL! This is perfectly in character for both Juliet and Hurley. Ha! Awesome. As is: John and Jack both complained about being next to one another, but they were kidding. I think."

So I guess I can imagine Sun, JIn, and Charlie's bodies ultimately washing up on shore, but how in the world did they get Sayid?

The whole thing with the necklace and Rachel was brilliant. I've often wondered how he could ever meet her/explain. His story is so outlandish, and even if he left out the most outlandish parts, why would she ever believe him? Especially if she Googled him and found out his background. I loved how you did this.

And then the vending machines. I hope you have a little bit of them living happily ever after bc I'mjust a big sucker that way.