Reviews for On The Rise
The Flying Frog chapter 14 . 3/26/2013
Nice chapter. Hmm, Veezara answers only to Astrid. If HE sold out Cassius, then he was likely acting on Astrid's orders, and if Astrid sent them to rescue Cassius then that means that it's likely a political move.

Again, nice chapter. Will keep a lookout for the next one.
waylsind chapter 13 . 12/27/2012
Very cool story, I like that you've taken the major story elements of the dark brotherhood quest line but changed things up a little. I loved the DArk brotherhood quests, but it's gets old after reading about it for the millionth time. I have no idea what other video game you are alluding to, but I can't wait to find out Theresa's fate
The Flying Frog chapter 13 . 12/25/2012
Why do I get the feeling that Cassius wasn't actually arrested, but is actually leading the caravan through Riverwood?

Ah well, this story is still just as interesting as it was from the beginning.
hopelessromantic34 chapter 13 . 12/25/2012
i got the refrence to the game
Lady Of Embers chapter 13 . 12/25/2012
Do I detect Fable references?
Lady Of Embers chapter 9 . 12/25/2012
'The Thane has been killed!' The news was received with a standing ovation.
AnImEfAN506 chapter 12 . 10/25/2012
A very good story! I wonder what Cassius is up too? I'm assuming that his trip to Dawnstar in earlier chapters ment that he was probably using the Dawnstar Sanctuary as a hideout away from Astrid's eyes. I like this fued between him and her, its exciting :)
The Flying Frog chapter 12 . 10/24/2012
Wow. That explains how Cassius was able to sneak in and kill the Emperor without actually going through Astrid's plan. And it also looks like no one suspects him if he's still a captain in the Imperial Army.

Which also means he's the one holding out the defense against the Stormcloaks. Maybe.

Things are convoluted and confusing. But when it comes to the Dark Brotherhood, I more than suspect that Astrid would be more than willing to use this information to her advantage, but the political power Cassius has outside of the Brotherhood gives him a distinct advantage as well. As had been proven regarding the sale of Goldenglow Estate.

However, I am wondering why the Brotherhood would be involved with that when it's a Thieves Guild mission. Maven Blackbriar is more than interested in using the Thieves Guild to gather information regarding the buyer than she is in assassinating the new owner...at least in the game. May be different this time.

Or maybe Cassius is playing his own game. Gah! I'm so confused!
The Flying Frog chapter 11 . 9/10/2012
Wow. That was rough for them. I'm glad that Gabriella didn't kill Arbelle. Loved the bit with Commander Maro. Shame about Festus though. So now the Dark Brotherhood has only one Destruction mage again. For awhile there, I thought Festus would be kind of a magic tutor for Arbelle.

For whatever reason, I get the feeling that the traitor is the same one as in the game. It would be ironic if it wasn't, but rather someone who was close to her.

Keep up the good work.
LucienLachanceWearsMandals chapter 10 . 8/19/2012
I think this probably one of my favorite stories. I'm more into romance, but finding and liking something besides that is really hard. I loved this and I can't wait for the new chapter!
hopelessromantic34 chapter 10 . 7/5/2012
i like it
The Flying Frog chapter 10 . 6/29/2012
Very nice analogy from Cassius. I don't know if by calling her the field mouse he wants to turn her into a vampire, or get her into his camp before Astrid does. I love the political back and forth between Cassius and Astrid.

Good job. And its was nice to have Babette and Festus, upon hearing of Arbelle's killing an innocent, were like "Ah, the losing her innocence stage. You take this one."

I wonder why Festus wants to meet in Ivarstead? Or maybe that's Astrid pulling her own move? Overall, nice job.
The Flying Frog chapter 9 . 6/19/2012
So, my idea that she would have him go berserk and have others kill him in self-defense was correct. I didn't expect her to kill the sister at Radiant Garment, however. I'm sure a few dark jokes with Babette and and the others will cheer her up anyway.

I mean, let's face it, some of her contracts will likely simply be innocent people who got on someone's bad side. It takes a certain kind of someone to hire the Dark Brotherhood...or a desperate orphan.
The Flying Frog chapter 8 . 6/13/2012
Hmm. Very interesting. Arbelle is most certainly devious, even if she has no clue what she's getting into.

And why do I get the feeling that Gabriella is setting up Arbelle to challenge Astrid or Nazir? Going directly against what Nazir suggested would most certainly show ambition on her part, but it also increases the chances of getting caught and killed.

Always like Nazir's puns, however.

Can't wait to see what she plans to do with a beserker potion.
Robert DeWarren chapter 7 . 6/12/2012
Finally got to do this!

Anyway, you're doing really well, and the change in perspective was a little bumpy at first, then smoothed out really well.

You also managed transition Arbelle into a competent Brotherhood member in a believable way, and Im really impressed.

Quick question, if the answer doesnt spoil anything: Is Arbell going to remain a "moral" killer, or is she going to become more mechanical while working?

Keep up the good work,