Reviews for Song of Hope
IceAngel7 chapter 4 . 5/30/2012
Great story I particularly enjoyed the moment in this chapter where you made it uncertain whether it was to end in tragedy very exciting
acacia59601 chapter 4 . 2/20/2012
Excellent story! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!
Deandra chapter 4 . 2/19/2012
Nice additions to the story to flesh it out a bit more. And I'm glad the daggers are destroyed.

JuliaAurelia chapter 4 . 2/19/2012
"Turgon drew his sword from the scabbard and pointed it at the King with a slightly trembling hand. "Give me the precious!" he demanded. "Put down the chest and step away from it or you will taste cold steel!" The precious, eh? You can see how much of a hold the daggers have on him already.

Finally they are destroyed. You wrote such a good history of these beautiful but accursed things I was almost sorry to see them go. Almost.

Aragorn caught on to the blood magic Sauron had used in first bespelling the daggers.

No, Sauron could never understand the Power of Love. That's why he was defeated.
Darkover chapter 4 . 2/19/2012
Dear Linda: I originally read this story elsewhere, but this new chapter is a pleasant and well-written addition! Both Aragorn and Faramir were very much in-character: the King thinking of the safety of his subjects and those dear to him first and foremost, Faramir thinking of his duty to his King, who is also the "father of his heart." I very much liked Aragorn's observation that the one thing Sauron never thought about was the power of love. BTW, Eowyn is also very much in-character here, being furious at being locked in and kept out of the way. I was not at all surprised that she burst out of the nursery, breathing fire in her anger! This chapter was the icing on an already very good cake, so to speak. Thanks for writing and posting it. Sincerely, Darkover
JuliaAurelia chapter 3 . 2/17/2012
So nice to see Fara healed and happy at the end!
Deandra chapter 2 . 12/23/2011
Ah, good! Dear Faramir recovered and happy once more. Music can indeed be a powerful medicine, for good or ill. Well done!

Typo:

...The Queen entered her lovely eyes full of concern. - need to add a comma after 'entered'
Glory Bee chapter 2 . 12/18/2011
I love the title of both this story and this chapter Linda and the beautiful ending, it made me wish I could hear Aragorn and Arwen's song of hope being sung. There is such power in music.
Stoneage Woman chapter 2 . 12/18/2011
Hey! This was great! I have really missed reading your fic. I enjoy the little background details you included, the apple harvest, the upcoming feast- it all adds to the realism of this universe you've created. And of course the Aragorn/Faramir friendship was good as always. A lovely read!
twinchaosblade chapter 2 . 12/16/2011
That was perfect! The message within the story lifted my own spirits significantly and out once again outdid yourself with superb writing and characterizations.

Awesome!
Darkover chapter 2 . 12/16/2011
Dear Linda: Another very enjoyable story! Tolkien frequently employed song in his fiction, and I admire how you utilized it here, with Elessar and Arwen using the power of a healing song to bring back Faramir from darkness and despair. It seems typical of the Dark Lord's evil that he would hone in on a person's most sensitive and vulnerable psychological points; you wrote that part of this story with particular skill. You also did your usual fine job of writing the friendship between the King and the "son of his heart," and gave us a happy ending. Well done! BTW, congratulations on winning Second Place in the most recent Teitho Challenge, "Numbers." That is a most well-written and enjoyable story, too! If I don't communicate with you again before the holidays, have a very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful New Year! Sincerely, Darkover
JuliaAurelia chapter 2 . 12/16/2011
Aw, such a lovely ending!
Desertfyre chapter 2 . 12/16/2011
That was beautiful! Yay for the song of hope! D
Deandra chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
Hmmm, the Black Breath returns. Wasn’t expecting that. Will be interesting to see how you weave music into this tale.

LadyWallace chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Yeah, I new story! Please update soon, because I want to know what happens next! :)