Reviews for Five Loaves of Bread: Capitol Pastries
RG chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
There are a lot of things I love about this

1) Your creativity and style of writing is absolutely unbelievable, I would say it is at least as good as (but more likely better than) anyone I've ever read (that's fic authors and actual published authors). Please write a book one day!

2) The way you can just tear my heart out and make me feel like I have been punched in the gut several times is kind of incredible. MY EMOTIONS when reading your writing (especially that jax scene and the bit with Rue at the end, ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?) are just sdkjsdgkjsdgk,dgjgkdg

3) Something I love more specifically about this story is how you explore that 'underground' world of the Capitol - not just the government, but more the city, and the power players who live in it. We only get a small taste of the corruption that goes on there through Finnick, but he isn't very specific. I love how you investigate that idea of drugs, bribery, blackmail, sex-slavery etc, and expand on it a bit. It's not really something you focus on when you read the books but reading your account of it makes it seem like this legitimately did happen. As awful as some of the stuff is, it's not really that far fetched for the Capitol, and even though this is (slightly) AU, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if most of this actually was happening in the canon world - especially the concept that the mentors bribe the gamemakers, that's just, something I would have never considered, but it sounds so plausible. This story is so rich in detail and creativity which makes it a great read, but it also makes you wonder if this actually was going on.

Thanks for being so amazing, I just lovelovelove your writing, please post something again soon :)
Hunger Games Fan chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
That was AMAZING! are you writing more? i need more!
Chrysa Lite chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
He what? He what? He killed RUE? That's just - that's just...Oh, God. Rue. Katniss. Peeta. I can't...I just can't. Ugh. Rue! Oh, how the Capitol utterly destroys everything we held dear! Even Peeta's perfect sweetness, pure perfection and goodness. Even Peeta is destroyed. I just - ugh. Oh, I detest the Capitol. I do, I do.
rosegilmore chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
You just fucking broke my heart.

This was so amazing. I love this AU!

Peeta being the mentor, this softer version of Katniss and the way Peeta fought for katniss so amazing.

I thought the ending was perfect because it gave the sting of Peeta's actions, but also gave hope that Peeta/Katniss's love will prevail.

Hope you never stop writing!
shutupskeeze chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I will try to put a more coherent reply together later, but for now let me just say your writing eclipses any other fanfiction (and honestly, many published novels) I have read.

I am enthralled by your Finnick, who embodies such love and gentleness. Though not without fault, he is undeniably GOOD. His unfaltering support of Peeta here just made my love for him grow. I just want to encase him and Cinna into a bubble where they can live happily ever after!

AMAZING story, thank you for this!
orionandtigers chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
asdhslhfbsdjlbfonfjlaon omg I just love reading your stories. The detail you incorporate to create your own versions of the Hunger Games universe always amazes me.

And omg the end. Just...gahh.

Please write Hunger Games fic forever. :D
youcantseeus chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
This was amazing! Such a dark interpretation of Peeta and yet it works so well and its still definitely in-character. I adored this AU version of the world and the ending was so perfect - its difficult to write a truly appropriate ending the way you've done here. Good job!
stjudesshipper chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I promise to say more eloquent things later, but for now, OH GOODNESS MY HEART.

On a side note, I now know the embarrassment of having to reassure a worried significant other with "no, no, I'm fine, it's just...*sob*...fanfic!"
thewindwarns chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
this just about broke my heart, but my favorite part was cinna's first conversation with katniss and the lightheartedness of it all.
mitzy spain chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Wow, I've start reading this fic and couldn't stop, It's very good, so the rest of the day when I had the time i've read all your other fics because I hadn't read it. They are all of them... I don't know how to describe it. I really enjoy reading all of them, interesting stories, a lot of emotions, well written. It has everything that a good fic needs.
andthenshesaid chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
that was amazing!

everything you write is, really, you have this thing where you rewrite canon and twist in things like candycaine and back stories and it's all so brilliant that i really can't stand it.

but, really. i've already read this twice and i'm just gonna go read it again and i can't get over how good this is.
idrivehiscar chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
why do you always insist on breaking my heart into a million tiny pieces?

aheflajksioesl.

That is all.
logicalfall chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
MY HEART :'(

Ugh, this was just so heartcrushing and sad and beautiful all at once. I love how you play with the characters; how you change their ages, their situations, their actions, and it makes them different and yet absolutely identifiable at the same time-their core selves remain the same. Wonderful as always, my dear.
anonymous chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
I do love the epic length of your stories (:

[ and that's great for you . . . ]
wow chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Okay, I just finished Capitol Pastries and damn. DAMN. My emotions are in a puddle at my feet. I have a feeling that it's going to stick with me for a while. That was so powerful and intense and I can't get over how beautiful your writing is. The Jax though-holy crap, nightmare fuel, much? That entire scene made my stomach curdle. And just, Peeta ;n; My heart just kept breaking for him the whole ride. Especially at the end-the lengths he went to save Katniss. Horrible and heart-wrenching.

Also, you make me love Finnick so much more than I already do. His protectiveness over Peeta just melted me. I am amazed at your deep understanding of these characters and how utterly messed-up the Capitol is. Horrific and amazing. It makes me even more excited for your book! Just. All of the awards for V. 3
96 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »