Reviews for Five Loaves of Bread: Capitol Pastries
Webby955 chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
This made me feel so bad. I mean that as a compliment. As usual, brilliant writing and creativity! Thinking of Peeta as a sex slave makes me even sadder than if it had been Katniss instead. She's tough and somehow it seems like she would have endured it more easily. Peeta is so gentle that the depravity has completely broken him. Ugh.

Sad not to see more loaves for a few months, but can't wait to buy your book :).
Ellenka chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
Wow.

This cocktail of scariness and beauty and purity and depravity was perfectly measured and ingeniously mixed and dangerously intoxicating. The imagery from the Capitol did feel like a bad trip with the chillingly (no pun intended)inventive and evocative descriptions; and made perfect contrast with the heartwarming details from the semblance of normal life in the districts.

Generally, Im not into Katniss/Peeta (beyond terrible, I know, lol), but I wholeheartedly rooted for them in this one. I just couldnt resist the heartwrenching depths of Peetas devotion. Plus, his actions to get her out made him seem damn close to scary, and I like him that way ;)

And the super creative way you incorporate canon lines into your AUs never ceases to amaze me. Subjectively, I enjoyed it more than the original.

And congrats on the book deal, you sure are the best candidate, and you definitely deserve the glory :)
thecivilunrest chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
Oh Lord. Really, there isn't that much that I can say. This is just so... powerful. Really. And gorgeous and sadly realistic for the Hunger Games world, but really just, oh gosh. I can't. I don't want to like this story, but of course I do because your characterization is gorgeous and your writing is flawless. But it's all just so fucked up that I just don't WANT to like it.

I don't really have any words right now.
Spiked Jin chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
Wow. The summary doesn't pull any punches with laying down the theme of this story, but it also doesn't key in on just how harrowing this was. I'm going to need to read something lighthearted for the next hour or I'll start having nightmares after the vividness of Peeta's descent.

Not sure this was totally intentional, but the biggest thing I'll take away from this story is how much it emphasizes the importance of Katniss' character in the actual novels. For all her faults the fact that "she's a survivor, that one" is the linchpin of the series. This story was a brutal(ly poetic) dissection of how Peeta is strong in his own way, but he lacks that cold hearted will to survive so necessary in any version of Panem.

I will miss this series like crazy (I read this all the way through the instant I saw the update email), but congratulations on being signed to write! Your grasp of this series has been what impressed me most about your stories, and that trait always leads to thought provoking material (see above example). The publishers were very astute to pick you to write the fan guide. Congrats again!
LivingReminder chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
That was so amazing. I can't wait for the next one. Even though it will take a while. :)
ghettos chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
I do love the epic length of your stories (:

[ and that's great for you . . . ]