Reviews for When Duty Calls
IsabellaKatherine chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Wow, this was beautiful & horrible & sad & amazing all at once! Really enjoyed it :-)
Kpasa chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
You're my new favorite author.
Sokerchick chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
This is one of my favorite SG-1 fics. I love that there isn't a happy ending for anyone. There is only them making due with what they are given and trying to rebuild from there.

Well written and unique. Great job.
The Shinster chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Well written story, not exactly what I was expecting but very good nonetheless. At first I had trouble accepting that Sam would do something so cowardly, but I can see how one thing would lead to the other. It's very raw and heartwrenching. Good job!
smithcrafter chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
Interesting story. Definitely NOT "Sam and Jack" in the normal usage of that phrase. Very different.
Torange chapter 1 . 6/14/2006
Well written.

But did you really have to make it so heartbreaking?

*runs to girlfriend for comfort*
Kent Rigel chapter 1 . 5/24/2006
Wow, that was damned depresing... probably because I'm a devout OTP S/J shipper and happy endings are really the staple of my reading diet. But I can look past that to see the well crafted story you have written - the psychological symptoms and responses that Sam exhibited are extremely well chosen and written. The behaviour of Jack was almost perfect, though I think you missed out on one of his outlets. When he is grieving or angry he bottles it all and masks it but he usually uses his humour to expel it, usually dark and inappropriate humour that makes other people uncomfortable. But otherwise I think you pegged the basic nature of Sam and Jack well, Jack would be able to forgive Sam and love her regardless as long as he could know why, and Sam always pushes happiness away from herself and can't seem to unlearn that trait.

You also gave Luke some depth, like not revealing the Doctor was Luke until a little while later, though it clicked for me about 5 lines before you revealed it. He feels guilty because he is greedy, he knew Sam didn't love him really except for Emma and when she refused to admit it he took her from Jack... almost a bit like Pete, but at least he has depth so you can't hate him outright.

I think something the story could have benifited from would be an excerpt at the end from Daniel's point of view... though what he would be thinking would probably be as hard to pin down as writing everything that came before it.
Aligewe chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
WOW! This was great! I couldn't stop reading it. I read it in one sit! Maybe not the way I would have wanted it to end but it is great! Are you going to write a sequal? I would have a great idea... Sam divorces Luke and gets custody over Emma and then she works her way back into Jack's life slowly but she does make it! LOL that would have been my favorite ending but it's your masterwork and it is really moving!

Great work and I can't wait to read more of your fics!

Aligewe
SG1-Fanfic chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
Wow. Well-written...but so heart-wrenching.

I have to go and find something lighter to read before going to bed!
Grav chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
My goodness, do you ever write *anything* happy? I mean, it's well done and all, but I'm starting to get dehydrated.
I really loved Daniel in this, which doesn't surprise me at all, but I liked how you wrote him. I also liked the war; well, not so much the war as the way you wrote them into it. Your characterizations are fantastic.
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 12/10/2003
ARG! How could you write such an amazing piece - and end it like that! Beautifully written, but I'm not a happy bunny now, it didn't end the way I wanted/expected. I'm going to sulk now. Very glad I read it though, make no mistake.
Jennie Harris chapter 1 . 5/16/2002
Lovely little story. Ok, not lovely. Lovely does not involve people losing limbs, seing ghosts, or anything along that line. I loved it though.
Lady S chapter 1 . 5/6/2002
Wow... Holy Cow! This was an unbelievably awesome fic. So sad, so sweet, so incredible! Wonderfully written. ... SEW
miscbills chapter 1 . 5/5/2002
That is sooooo sad. I haven't read a S/J in a long time. I love it.
Kate Anderson chapter 1 . 5/4/2002
*sniffles* I think I've found my new favourite story. Absolutely beautiful.