Reviews for The King's Knight
Riley Berg chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
I do love it. I must ask, was the Neverending Story reference quite on purpose?
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Labyrinth meets Princess Bride, I like it! :D
Super cute!
Dontgotaclue88 chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
LOL! CUTE! ,
smileyfacebabe chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Lesson has been learned; never drink tea if is made by goblins.

And also, OH MY GOD, PRINCESS BRIDE. HOW RIDICULOUSLY PERFECT.

I mean, I can see a resemblance in Jareth and Westley in the way they both try and try again to please their woman, even if that wasn't the link you were trying to tie here. XD

But anyway, I adore this story. The second Sarah held out the pages toward Toby and he coughed I let loose a squeal and you didn't disappoint me once.

Thank you SO MUCH for making my day easily ten times better with this tale. Especially the bit at the end, where Toby realizes the story had no love in its pages and the goblin knew that the love lied in its tellers instead. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I had such a crap day and now I'm smiling and giggling; I'm so glad I found this story of yours.

I wish you the best day possible and I hope you find something to brighten your day like this story ha brightened mine!

Take care~ :)
Yodeling Pickles chapter 1 . 1/3/2012
I would never take a cup of tea from them. Ever.
Rhiannon chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
PRINCESS BRIDE! I LOVE THIS.
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
This story is so much fun! :) I enjoyed it just as much the second time. There are so many little things I love I couldn't possibly list them all. When that goblin says "Do what?" I can't help but laugh. It's hilarious. And then you gave us True Love at the end...sigh. Lovely! :)
Autumn O'Shea Swan chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Aw! I love it. Yuck. I would most certainly NOT take a cup of tea from a goblin. That's asking for a disfunctional digestive tract. Cute!
Bethyboop19 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
My face let up when I relised it was the princess bride!

I think the characters were spot on as well!
spartiechic chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
I loved the homage to Princess Bride. Very cute story. Thanks for posting!
Nanenna chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
The other story was so blindingly obvious I shan't dignify it with a guess. But I have to say I smiled when I realized. In fact I smiled more times than I bothered counting as I read this. What an excellent and cute piece.
Lou Lou chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
The goblins were doing what with Jareth's pants! Haha! I never saw that coming.

Nice idea having two stories going on at once. And 'The Princess Bride' clues were fun to spot.

A really enjoyable read!
darkbangle chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Firstly, I like to say that this was a very cute story - a little heavy on the "Princess Bride" references, but still very cute. It's good to see Didymus getting some love from the fandom. :)

Secondly, I'd like to point out a couple grammar points:

The sentence "Indeed, thou assistance hadst been most invaluable" should properly be, "Indeed, thine assistance hast been most invaluable." (The plural forms of 'thou' are 'thy' and 'thine' - the difference between them being the same difference as between 'my' and 'mine'.)

The sentence "Finally, he breathed a sigh of relief as he made his way eagerly down the other side of the mound, and began to wonder just how difficult was it going to be to get inside?" does not need a question mark - the sentence is a statement.

Another note that you might find useful - opposite to what many people believe, 'thee', 'thou', 'thy' and the like are for informal use. A king (someone of higher station in general) would generally be addressed using 'you'. (I only found this out in the last year, and Shakespeare makes so much more sense now).

That said, you did a much better job using 'thee/thou' form than many modern writers, especially on ffnet. It's good to see there are still people out there who care about using proper grammar. (I was once told by a writer, more or less, "Nobody but you cares, so stfu." ;_; )

Anyway, I'd like to say once again that this was a very cute story and I enjoyed it very much. :) I look forward to reading more of your work in the future. Till then. ~
mpenguin15 chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
haha, great story! i made me laugh alot! XD
Nicole chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
That was so cute, I love smartass Jareth! You write very well this was a very good story thank you for posting it!