Reviews for The Pub Series - Story 1 - Politics
Aria Breuer chapter 14 . 4/2/2013
This is a very good, well-written story.

I'm glad you've kept all the hobbits, present in the story, in-character. I guess I was more interested in reading about Frodo than Pippin, even though Pippin took up much of the story. It was nice to hear more about Frodo and how he is, and learn his past again. I guess I can relate to Frodo more than I was even aware. It's interesting. Still, there were parts in the story that did make me laugh, including when Fatty chimed in to give a double-prank on Sam and Pippin. I won't forget that easily.

Overall, good work.

-Aria Breuer

P.S. I'm putting this story in my community, given how much was told of Frodo and how this story respects him and doesn't mistreat him, as I'm sure there have been loads of stories that did.
Arwen Baggins chapter 13 . 8/7/2003
Great story. A Hobbit's night at the Pub and no dirty stuff. Just what I like. Anyway, I thought you might like to know that the Thain is often referred to as The Took. The Old Took is actually Gerontius Took, Pippin's great-great grandfather, the one that reached the age of 130.
Samwise the Strong chapter 3 . 7/8/2003
Hey m8! Love this story, but one thing I would advise is leaving out the summery on each page, and adding more chapter. lol keep up the great story.
Aratlithiel1 chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
I must tell you how very much I enjoy The Pub Series stories. I can't tell you what a relief it is to see Frodo kiss someone besides Sam or Aragorn for a change! In fact, your stories have got me thinking about a Frodo/Rosie story - I don't know if I'll actually do it, but the wheels are turning!

I admire your writing style as well. You have a wonderful ability to flesh out Tolkien's characters in a very natural manner. A very Tolkienesque style if you don't mind me saying.

Is it too much to hope for the series to continue?
aelfgifu chapter 14 . 4/16/2003
this is a lovely series-very well written and very tolkienesque! I'm writing my first story now, and I think I'm making every last one of the mistakes you mentioned! Ouch! This series was suggested to me by one of the reviews for my "ring around the Merry"-an evil! Merry tale that just makes me feel bad when i read you sweet-good natured brash young Brandybuck that I'm working so hard to corrupt ;)

-Emma
stumbleine chapter 14 . 3/6/2003
(I finally got round to reviwing 's been bugging me for weeks. Well, better late than never, eh?)

Jesus. That pretty much sums it up. A bit short for a review, though. So, here we go.

This is absolutely one of my all time favourite fanfics, maybe even the most favourite. The thing is, there are good LotR fics around, that just don't - apart from having charachters with similar names - seem to have anything to do with the original books. They can be nice and enjoyable too. But your stories, on the other hand, actually sound like they really tell about Middle Earth and it's inhabitants.

I like your writing style. You manage at the same time to sound very original and tolkienish.

And then there are the characterisations.I may not always agree with you about Merry's behavior, but that just makes reading more interesting. Sam, Pippin and Fatty all are very beliavable and in character.

And yes, Frodo. *sigh*. It's such a shame that my absolute favourite character get's mis-treated in so many fics. Not so in this one. Here he is that charming, well-edjucated hobbit with a sense of humor that we know and love. Not just a oh-he's-so-cute-let's- make-him-suffere character. For that, I thank you.(Actually he is one of the main reasons why I adore this fic.)

Agh, this review is already illegally long, and too praising, so I must stop soon. Just PLEASE tell me where I could read "Recovery"? And, of course, write more.

Cheers, Elina.
tiggivon chapter 2 . 10/30/2002
pippin knows how and when to get into trouble. hope he doesn't gettoo typsy

tiggivon.x
tiggivon chapter 1 . 10/30/2002
love the pub name both in the story and where you work. does sound english

the atmospher is like you would find in any pub if it is a good one.

pippin having more ale than he should. sounds like he might get difficult to handle.

tiggivon.x
Esgaroth chapter 14 . 8/22/2002
This is such a wonderful story! I have enjoyed it thoroughly, especially how you have given us the hobbits through the eyes of Frodo. And I can't help but appreciate what you wrote of his view of Pippin, who is my favorite character!
Soul of Frodo chapter 14 . 8/16/2002
I was planning to leave without a review, but three things occurred to me: (1) I owe you for your review, (2) I shouldn't just take free entertainment without saying a word, and (3) that would be rude.

Grandifferous! **blinks** Wow, the old word was getting dusty from lack of use!

...Cheers! ~SoF~
Pansy Chubb chapter 14 . 8/9/2002
I don't remember if I reviewed this or not because I like to read it a few times first, then my computer was down a few days. I just want to say I loved this whole story and thank you for writing it. I printed it out so I can go back and reread it anytime I want.

I went back and read some of your older stuff and can see your writing skills are maturing. I've written a story that I will put up as soon as I figure out how to (really lame in the computer department). I hope you review me.
Tulip Proudfoot chapter 14 . 8/9/2002
Loved it. Wanted it to go on and on. When's the next "Pub Series" going to debut? Gotta love Fatty. And I'm glad you didn't make Lotho out to be purely evil. No one (except Sauron) is purely evil.
helga chapter 14 . 8/8/2002
Your stories are among my favorites. I hope you will continue this series - - what's next?

(Please,please,please,please,please,please - - as Pippin would say...)
helga chapter 14 . 8/8/2002

(Please,please,please,please,please,please - - as Pippin would say...)
spoiltalex chapter 4 . 8/7/2002
It's me again. I was if you had anymore fics or anything. Plz tell me, thx and bye
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »