Reviews for Red Friday
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
Funny, sweet, and in character.
fiesa chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
It's taken me longer to review than I wished it had but here I am nevertheless!

To comment on a perfect, perfect, wonderful, simply perfect christmas story.

Wow!

It's amazing to me again and again what you can do with words, what images your stories can conjure up in my head. I'm able to see Tony slouched in his chair, Ziva's frown and Tim's confusion as if they were right before me. I love the plays on words you make, the way Ziva questions what everyone takes for granted and the way Tony and Tim explain and try to explain. And most of all, I love the way you depict their relationship, Ziva's and Tony's but theirs and McGee's, as well. It feels like the day they're having this conversation is a quiet and normal day, no big cases, no big ruckus, and the atmosphere is quiet and relaxed. It feels like they're a family, something I love to think of them as. They tease each other, talk about unimportant things, have fun and show each other they love each other without using words to do so. It's a beautiful day, a wonderful scene and an brilliantly written story and - of course! - the ending is perfect.

Thank you for such a wonderful Christmas story!
Anonymous033 chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Ooh, MERRY.

I love this one best!

I can't help it.

I love it.

And now I'm a bit speechless.

I didn't get the Black Friday thing either, until I looked it up on Wikipedia. I thought it was called that because of the dark violence that tended to happen on that day (high five, Ziva). Really! It's a very weird name.

I laughed at the poultry farmer -ism, haha. And I have to say she presents a good point about Christmas and its commercialization.

I love the ending :D

~Soph
ZivaDavid-LesNinja-FemmeLove chapter 1 . 12/11/2011
Awww this story was kinda cute! )
jsq chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Wow, I kinda can't believe you went there. Love it!
TrueRomantic chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
HAHA! That was great lol! I love McGee trying to stay out of it, and Tony trying to explain something that is (unless you are one of the people that got shot or pepper sprayed or one of the other things that always happens) actually surprisingly fun but also rather materialistic lol. And then her essentially telling him what to get her if he decides to get her something! Loved it!

~Kim
mprmusings chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
didn't see that end coming...and I loved it! fluff wrapped in a literary wrapper. thank you!
tiffaroolou chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Lovely little story. :) Great job!
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Lovely Z. This was wonderful Ziva really does hammer home a message Western society is far to consumerist. And the end bit with the catalouge was a wonderful way to end it.
jae-vous chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
smiled and laughed through the entirety of this piece. i very much enjoyed this!
ytteb chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
this was very touching and with a good twist at the end. (And thank you for the explanation about Black Friday - we don't have it in the UK!)
M E Wofford chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
This made me smile - large time.

It was so them and so kind of hopeful at the end.

sniff

sniff

I liked it.
silversurf4 chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Classic...absolutely classic Ziva and equally parts hilarity and rebuke of the tradition of killing ourselves to enrich others. Thanks for giving us a humorous take on the phenomenon as well as I'm sure educating some folks on the reason for the terminology.

As always, I got serious chuckle out of this.
starryjules chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
awwww love it! That was a great little piece of humor and holiday cheer! :)
Megan Liberty chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
I love tour writing style, it totally makes the characters so much more themselves. Excellent.