Reviews for The Art of Letting Go
Kina Kalamari chapter 1 . 1/21
This was really great. I love how he kept holding on even after she had stopped. That just works really well for their characters. I feel a bit bad for Stefan because he basically just got abandoned by the end, but it's a oneshot and I know I can't expect a conclusive storyline for everyone in such a small amount of prose. He wasn't the important part, that's for sure.

I liked it a lot. :)
DElena all the way chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
beautiful .. I loved it
hypotheticalcoffee chapter 1 . 12/21/2012
Perfection! You'll probably be able to categorize this under the weirdest review you've ever gotten when I let you know that I remembered reading this fic a while back but couldn't recall its name and all that kept popping into my head was "cow tipping." Long story short, I ended up firing up Google and typing in "Damon Elena fanfiction cow tipping" and miraculously found it and it is still as amazing as when I first read it!

CM : )
EsCaDa-Mako chapter 1 . 12/19/2011
I loved it

plz continue
biffy428 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
so sweet! love it!
Lacra13 chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Awww that was a sentimental piece, especially for Damon, you dod a great job!

I like that and I hope they'll have it in the show too; the Damon not giving up on his brother part. The are family, they shouldn't have to let go of each other no matter what.
T.J. Wise chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Ab-so lutely precious! I love it.
Mellowdramatik chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Morgan hun...LOVED THIS! I can't believe u were able to pen something so meaningful b/w DE despite having a writer's block. As always, I love ur stories!

Xo,

mary
ink-stained dreams chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Thank you for a lovely, touching read. I love how natural and gradual this felt, with some false starts and setbacks; you've written such an ORGANIC relationship between them. Of course, I love your sentence fluency, too, and there were some was clever word choice in here. Great piece!
honestyfirst chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
OMG this was phenomenal! Seriously, I'm fangirling all over the place right now.

This has to be the most beautiful piece you've ever written. I mean, all of your stuff is beautiful, but everytime you write something new you're writing seems to just take another step up. I'm not sure how you do it... really I don't.

There were so many quotes that I loved from this one-shot, but I'll just slim it down to my favorites.

With her in his grasp, he's not worried about what his brother could possibly be doing. With him in her grasp, she feels sheltered and safe. Together in this room, they're never judged and they never feel as raw as they should.

"I'm sorry," she whispers against his skin and he can tell she means. But not because she's disappointed in his answer, and instead because he is.

He can feel her pulse through the skin of his fingers, almost supplying him with the feeling that he's alive. This is fitting really, since he does whenever she's around. Funny how she's strong enough to supply them both a steady stream of humanity.

She's the only person he's every truly loved in the most purest sense of the word; the only love he's ever felt without it being tarnished by some form of hate.

The last line is my favorite because it's so true! It's the reason he loves her so much and it's the only pure time he's felt love. I applaud you for pointing that out.

I think what really got me in this story was how natural the moments and progression felt. Their friendship shined through and they just understood each other. And I love the idea of Elena being the one strong enough to let go while Damon's reluctantly holding on.

I'm really hoping this happens in the show! Thank you so much for writing it!
Saggie25 chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Wonderful and hearwarming story, beautifully written. I myself find it hard to believe Damon will be able to let Stefan go, just like that. It is more realistic that he will keep fighting for him even if Elena lets him go.
KKetura chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Really beautiful story. Wonderful job!
winterbabyalways chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
This was beautifully written! I love the idea of Damon hearing Elena defending him against Caroline and Bonnie's claims - this is something that I hope to see on the show. Thanks for a great read!
Wyrsa chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Absolutely beautiful piece. I loved the way you used little snippets to create a story. Though it is short and sweet, it packs quite an emotional punch. I hope you get over the writer's block for your other fic!
Jade2099 chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
That just made me sigh and cry...how beautiful!