Reviews for Let the Guilt Set In
trufflemores chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
All the Anderson sibling feels.

I really love that you've explored this from Francey's POV, since from Blaine's we only catch snippets of what actually happened. We know that he was hurt by three older boys and that his knee was badly injured in the process, but the specifics were left vague because he's not exactly coherent after the attack. He's traumatized, both physically and emotionally, and so he's not really thinking straight. Francey, on the other hand, has all her wits about her, and her wrath is fearsome to behold. I still love that, even here, it's clear that she's shaken to her core by the attack, too. It would be bad enough if it was a friend or even a random stranger that she had found lying battered and beaten outside those doors. It's a worst-case-scenario that she finds her younger brother lying there, unable to even get up.

And that just makes my heart ache. Blaine not even able to get up because he's suffering from a combination of shock and pain is heart-wrenching. Thank God that Francey was there for him. I sincerely hope that canonically Cooper was there for him where Francey couldn't be (although, to be honest, I've accepted Francey so much into the Glee verse that I would rather it be she, anyway, regardless of whether she is on the show yet or not). He needed someone close to him to help him here, because it's more than physical trauma. It's emotional trauma, and that's what breaks Francey down here. I'm sure that her reaction wouldn't have been nearly as rattled if he had simply injured himself doing something. She would have been concerned and worried for him, yes, but not to the degree that she is here, when it's next to impossible to know how much damage has been done since Blaine isn't the best judge of his own body at the moment. Not to mention the fact that if he had injured himself, then it would have been an accident.

This wasn't an accident. And that's the difference.

But I love how you write it because you capture it all so well. Blaine absolutely breaks my heart, and Francey makes me wish that someone would take her aside and comfort her as well. She needs the reassurance that it isn't her fault that three people beat up her baby brother. We see a different side of Francey here, the side that can be terrified and panicked as Blaine makes death wishes and nearly passes out at the car. Her fear is channeled into anger at the ER, which is a completely understandable outlet for her to seize upon. She has a strong personality, and she's not the type to go into a state of shock herself, shrinking back and helpless to do anything. She's a take-charge, get-things-done kind of girl, and that really shows here. Her forcefulness was good since the ER attendants wouldn't necessarily think twice about having Blaine seen to immediately since they've already got their hands full. He clearly needs attention fast, and I'm glad that she recognizes that and forces the issue, because sometimes even ER attendants need that nudge. In this case, it was necessary to keep Blaine from going into a full-blown state of shock, as well as to make sure that none of his injuries were life-threatening. (If he had come in by ambulance, then he would have been tended to right away, but Francey was smart to drive him there herself since she cut down on time and extra effort that way).

Still. Poor baby. I really am so glad that Francey is there for him, even if I feel bad that she has so much terrible responsibility thrust on her shoulders. That's an awful burden to bear, the news that the family's youngest child has been gay-based, and it was no easy feat for Francey to text her parents to let them know. The way that she comforted him and kept him as calm as she could until they arrived was sweet, even if the visit was a nightmare for both of them.

All of this boils down to I love your writing and I hope that you never stop writing these wonderful characters.

Also, Francey. bb. It's not your fault.
snowangellms chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
aww this is so heartbreaking maybe slightly unrealistic that she wouldn't have called an ambulance to get him to the hospital but i guess if her car was right there and she could probably get him there faster though the paramedics probably could've helped him.
AnnaBolt45 chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
As much as I ADORE these stories, and I love everything you write (I consider myself a CakePop)... why does Blaine have, like three moms? There's this new one, Lilah, there's Bev, and then there's Anna (My fav, and not just becuz we share a name.) I'm just wondering. Jack usually stays the same, but Blaine' moms are all switchy...
padfootsmine chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
oh man poor francey and blaine. this is an interesting perspective and i just love francey. cant wait for more kgi. you are such a good writer :)
IvySnowe chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Sobbing fucking brokenly.
Anonymous fan chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
This absolutely broke my heart. I feel so, so, so bad for Francey. Blaine too, but I think it's worse to be an observer rather than the victim. She was so young to have to see that, and to her baby brother too. :.( Her fear and helplessness and sadness and anger at it was very well written. Francey is my second favorite OC (Mollie will always be first) of yours.

Anyway, I love how Francey was singing to Blaine to make him feel better, it seems like something Blaine would like. I love the Anderson siblings together. This fic was wonderful, as usual.
littlemissstarkid chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
WHY? !NOOOOO. I WANT TO HUG BLAINE. IT WILL ALL BE OKAY I PROMISE LET ME LOVE YOU. ALL THE LOVE. ALL THE LOVE GOES TO BLAINE.

Canon better give Blaine a Francey. Or I will have to murder someone and smuggle you into the studios and hold you at gunpoint until you write Francey in.
AllPurpleInk chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Awww ALL TEH LITTLE BLAINE CREYS! Poor bb :(

I love Francey; I think she's a fantastic character.

Good job.
kcbalfour chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Oh god my creys i can't i just i. How do you coherent?
NotSoSuperGirl chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
That was so sad!
Winged Shadow chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Franceeeeeeeey. ;_; Baby, it's okay! It isn't your fault that the world is filled with homophobic jerks. You're a good sister to Blaine, and you're going to keep being one to him!

I love Francey's thought process in this, how she's so concerned but trying to hold it together for Blaine by acting just like she normally would in any other situation. It made me tear up and, gosh, I just love you, Caitlin. ;_;
PlotterFTW chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
ALL MY CREYS.

FRANCEY. BLAINE. LET ME HOLD ALL OF YOU!
Pizza Boat chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Oh my gosh. This scene is just as heartbreaking from Francey's end as it is from Blaine's end.
thrillofthechase chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Daaaah my creys! ;_; This was soo good though!
twostepper chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
I'm hoping you'll finish knife going in...love this one world be a sadder place w/out francey