Reviews for Hogan's Other Nemesis
Tiny1217 chapter 2 . 4/19/2015
hahaha...good job describing how the cat's mind works, what the cat smells, etc. Great idea to use Major Hochstetter's cat as one of the Heroes' enemies. :)
SaraiEsq chapter 2 . 9/8/2014
(laughs) Delightful. Even this dog-lover thought so.
snowleopard13 chapter 2 . 3/15/2012
Very funny. I like how you bring the cats personality out but having it not liking the enemy and hissing any time Hochstetter mentions Colonel Hogan's name. Also, the shame the cat felt when he ran from the enemy. The end was just fantastic with the cat attacking Hogan and the guys teasing that it would be funny if that was Hochstetter cat not really knowing of course but the cat going home proud.

I have tough little fur ball but she probably wouldn't attack a human enemy but she will attack any unwelcome cats and come out in top. She is a small cute little moster.

Nice story and keep writing more humor.
Halfred Askold chapter 2 . 2/24/2012
Well done. In keeping with Hogan's Heroes.

Rate A
Marie1964 chapter 2 . 12/3/2011
Heinrich certainly is a bad kitty. I very much enjoyed this different perspective on things, especially when it came to how he described the way the men smelled. Of course, it would have to be Carter and his crazy idea who's right. XD

I would love to see more stories like this!
Susan M. M chapter 2 . 11/29/2011
Delightful, sir! I especially liked Heinrich's theory that the Germans who didn't believe Hochstetter must be dog-owners.
konarciq chapter 2 . 11/29/2011
LOL This was really good! Loved the insight into the thoughts of a true German cat, and his attempts to help the war effort.

"I would have loved to present my human with the sight of Hogan dangling from my sharp teeth. Alas, he was too big..." Double LOL!

And no, I'm not really a cat person myself. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate stories from a cat's point of view.

No. If I'd ever write an insightful story from the point of view of a HH animal, it'd be about Hasenpfeffer ;-)
Sophia Villo chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
I find it rather ironic that a Nazi could find compassion for one animal (even the best kind of pet known to man), but not for millions of people. :/ And why is it that evil villains always have a cat, but rarely a dog? Nevertheless, the essence of cat thinking is quite well written. Hochstetter cuddling anything soft and fluffy is quite the image, too. Thanks!
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
I love this cat (and I'm usually more partial to dogs.) He offers a humanizing perspective on his master, how much care he gives Heinrich. And the wit. "Then again, I'm a cat: I always walk tall." How true, and how catlike. And the line about his master's superiors being dog owners. Priceless!

I'm also very impressed by the character development in this, how his first encounter with the 'evil Allies' doesn't go well and how he wants to help Hochstetter feel better to attacking poor Hogan.

Finally, I'm thrilled with your using smell as the major sense in this. It's a wonderful technique to use for setting a scene, and it isn't used very much.

Great final scene, great story.
Six of Twelve chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
Interesting to see a different side to Hochstetter, with him taking good care of the cat, while confiding all his troubles to the poor animal.

Too bad he corrupted the cat so that it turned out to be a feline version of him.
dust on the wind chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
Honour is satisfied! and in a manner that is entirely feline.

I had a little cat once. Her favourite trick was to walk along the top of the garden fence, and then sit looking superior, just to wind up next door's Rottweilers. I can see the Destroyer doing that.

Many thanks for a well-rounded character and a thoroughly enjoyable read.

dust...
Jinzle chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
LOL, wonderful. Perhaps a follow up story sometime?
jodm chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
What a story! What a cat! Too bad Hochstetter doesn't follow Heinrich on his nightly wanderings-guess it shows who's the brains in that relationship. Good story and so true to the nature of cats.
snooky chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
This is priceless! And I'm a dog person.

Too many great quotes to mention., but you caught the personality of the cat purrfectly!
Goldleaf83 chapter 2 . 11/28/2011
Oh bravo! You really know the inside of the feline mind: clearly your two cats have trained you well. ("Then again, I'm a cat: I always walk tall." Oh yes!)

I read each bit of this chapter with delight because you've built the character of Heinrich/Death Claw, Destroyer of Dogs so well. (By the way, was that other title a nod to T.S. Eliot's "The Naming of Cats"?) Neat touches in how Death Claw recognizes Hogan and the others by scent, the happiness he gives Hochstetter by hissing whenever he hears Hogan's name, and his shame over how he ran from him the at their first encounter. (Though at least he didn't give in to the famous Hogan charm!)

The climax of the story was great: you're right that Hogan didn't see it coming! The deliberations afterwards brought the story nicely back into realism...until the last two paragraphs. They make a terrifically funny ending! Many thanks for all the chuckles today.