Reviews for Effeminate
Chuana chapter 1 . 2/17
So Kawaii...
Apoca-LipStyx chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
Seriously this is my favorite SuFin fic's so sweet and loving...yeah there's a little bit of sex but it's by no means smutty and very much in character...l enjoyed this so are an incredible writer :3
Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
Hello world. I am a Hetalia fan, and I used to be against gay marriage, thinking what I always did: people should follow the natural order of life. Hetalia began to dampen those opinions a little, but I still remained firm with my beliefs. Now, after reading this lemon that a friend suggested to me, I realized that people should marry who they love, no matter what, and people are going to have to accept and deal with it. Thanks to this lemon, my views on gay marriage have changed entirely. Thank you.
amaya-tendo chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
Oh, my feels.
destiny's-dawn666 chapter 1 . 8/21/2012
There were parts of this that honestly made me cry- happy tears, of course! Out of all of the SuFin fics that I've read, this one has to be the best. I love it so much, and I love this couple so much, too. Please keep up the good work. ]
LadyLeelee87 chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
very cute
Goddess-of-Genius chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Awwwww! This was so cute and just a bit angsty at the end. I love how you didn't portray Finland too girly, yet not too manly compared to Sweden. I loved this very much, and you did a great job with this!

Kind Regards, GG
RandomGreekWoman chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
That was...amazing.

First, the words are magically sewed together to make everything perfect. I could sometimes feel the love that Sweden and Finland have for each other as I read, and the way it was written, was just utterly amazing. I wish I could write the way you do (all I can write is Grimdark and hardcore lemon), its so touching.

And the lemon parts are nice too, and you captured everyone's personality perfectly. Amazing, five stars, love it, love it.

(and you take off glasses during sex...? I'm screwed. Well, thank God I'm a virgin.)
NotSpecialNobody chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I think I'm going on a SuFin fic rampage here~

I really adore this story. And this type of Finland, the feminine but still quite manly guy that isn't afraid to love Sweden, is to die for. I think you've actually established the difference between girly and effeminate with this fic, if there is any difference between the two words. I find the word "girly" rather degrading for a man like Timo, though when one uses effeminate, it just paints a nicer, more beautiful picture for him. I'd have to admit that I'm terribly sick and tired of the girly Timo's in fanfiction and doujinshi, but you've just added a more feminine touch to the already sensitive and kind-hearted character.

The Swedish nails were absolutely adorable and I'm glad Timo left at least some of it on in the end. I grinned like an idiot when I read how Berwald helps paint Timo's fingernails with yellow stripes because Timo always messes it up. Such a simple action conveys so much~

And they actually got married. I think I can die happily now. I am quite saddened by how unjust their bosses and other important political figures can be with their marital status, though. How they're not allowed to sit with each other because they're officially married and how their duties as countries separates them throughout the week is really unfair. It gives these characters and the universe they live in a sense of realism and it really just shows how Timo and Berwald's lives aren't just happiness and rainbows and spending eternity with the one they love.

It was nice reading all the things Timo and Berwald get up to during their time together in the weekend. To think that these two make love so frequently in a timespan of around 48 hours is quite amusing and, well, quite satisfying to read. *shot* Through all the naughtiness, however, you still managed to capture how innocent and loving both characters are to each other, which really does warm my heart.

But WRRRRRYYYY is Christen so insensitive for? *sniff* I mean, the guy means well, but he just doesn't catch anyone's drift. And Lukas's retort was gold. I would've expected that he wore dresses, with that slim figure of his and his fondness of hairclips. And poor Emil, feeling like the third (or fifth, I guess) wheel. I'd understand why he envies Peter's youth and naïvety.

All right, I think I've blabbered a bit too much. Thank you for writing such an enjoyable story with such a simple plot yet so much depth that I think I've fallen more in love with these two lovebirds (though I'd like to note that that is quite impossible, haha). Honestly, I love your SuFin fics and I cherish each read dearly.
Vanechka chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
I've been intending to read this for so long, but somehow I never really found the time till now.

Well, all I can say is, who can say no to some sweet adorable SuFin? And Peter was just so much more likeable in this fic than he is usually~ and Hana! It paints such a beautiful, almost fairytale like family, and yet you keep it realistic with all the limitations and judgements they have to face, and well you've always made things historically accurate and I love that effort you put in! The best thing about your SuFin is that despite all the lovey-dovey and awww moments, it feels like it could actually last forever (even though the cynicism with which you treated the world "forever" with regards to immortal countries in But Let it Go makes perfect sense, the fairytale quality of this forever does not seem to be impossible here~). I'm rambling again hehe...

Timo is feminine but in an incredibly realistic way. The nails! I should try that someday (but it's illegal in school haha).

And yes, your increasing love for Berwald (you'd never let him leave the bedroom? poor guy) is almost as obvious as your contempt (? too strong a word?) for Christen. Haha, you really don't seem to like Denmark though; and this dislike seems to have affected your portrayal of him. While everyone else (Berwald, Timo, Lukas even) seems real and plausible, Christen at times seems to be a bit too "flat" as a character, if you get what I mean? Even in your SuNor fic, Denmark seemed too much of a villain (even though you did try to acknowledge his other side, it didn't come across as very realistic.) I guess it's hard to make a character you dislike seem realistic and I must say you're doing an awesome job for someone you don't really like, but just pointing it out~

Keep writing!
kwaiiChan-chan chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
such a sweet story i love it!
minn' chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. Gonna die. This is so perfect.

Everything about this fic- the title, Tino's nails, Berwald and his vows- was so, so perfect. You captured the essence of these two so well. I love that you made Tino feminine but believeable, he was just gorgeous and real and aaah! There needs to be more words! And Berwald was just so wonderful, he was so himself and really, all of them (even down to Peter) were just so perfect. They were fresh, like Tino finally wasn't a Mary sue and Berwald wasn't a Gary stu and Peter was just so cute! Your way of describing sex almost abstractly was really lovely as well. I always knew those two were nymphomaniacs. I just knew it ;)

I also liked the plug to Lukas and Christen. Those two are adorable, and we all know Lukas rocks a dress~

I wish I could just go paragraph by paragraph and disect what I love about this, but then I'd be here for a long, long time and I'd probably run out of letters. Anyway, this was just what I needed. I was panicking that the hetalia fandom lost all of it's glory, and I've been thankfully proven wrong *hearts* thank you. And I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that Tino and Ber eventually get to live together full time, because I am one for such silliness. :P

You're lovely,

Anya3 chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
This. This story right here. It just made my entire month. I love this pairing and after browsing I was worried about finding a story that really hit home with these two and this one is just perfect. It's so beautifully written. Sad and happy and beautiful all at once.

Thank you so much for this.

Gui Zhou chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
This was sooo lovely and unbearably adorable! ;u; You write the pairing so well and the Hanatama Family interaction was too cute for words! What really got me was your portrayal of Timo, though. I pretty much fell in love with your characterization of him. I think a lot of people don't like it when he's portrayed all girly and stuff but I have to admit that I adore effeminate Timo the most. Not so much that he's totally like a woman but, y'know, a lot softer than most men. So the way you wrote him made me super happy! Thank you so much for writing this, it made my week honestly!
Kitty-Kat Allie chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Awww, I just found my happy place. If I had a flag, I'd claim it officially. It was just to walk through the day with these two. Just pointless, adorable, fluff. Well, I guess not completely pointless. I guess I should say it's rather plotless. Which is nice every once in while, just to enjoy the love with some sort of "goal," ne? Peter is totally adorable, too! lol.

Thank you for such an adorable fic! I enjoyed the giggles and the rated M material. Xp