Reviews for You And Me And The Things We Hunt
Jimelda chapter 2 . 2/25/2012
Wow, I absolutely love this. You write Dean so well, this might as well have been an episode on the show. And damn I wish it was! Dean trying everything in his power to ease Sam's pain is so sweet, especially the last bit where he ends up getting drunk instead of Sam. That's something I haven't seen in a while, lol. All in all a great fic!
carocali chapter 2 . 2/24/2012
I forgot to review this- sorry! Do you watch ghost adventures? They did a show here and it is a creepy place. Very cool to see you set it there

Loved how the echo hit so close to what happened in Heart. The boys reactions were wonderful!
MelanisticLeopard chapter 2 . 1/11/2012
A very neat, well-written story. & Dean so totally made the situation work for him: "Sam was there, fussing over me the whole time."
Marianna Morgan chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
Very cool that this was based on a true story.

And I loved this opening line: "I lost sight of Sam, but not his boot prints..."
Marianna Morgan chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Love the opening quote...and the overall chapter.

Poor emo, injured Sammy. There's going to be big brother comfort in the next chapter, right? Right?

This line from the Montgomery Gentry song made me smile: "he's gone like freight train, gone like yesterday..."

*joins in the singing* "Gone like a soldier in the Civil War, bang, bang..." ;)
Wallflowergirl chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Finally catching up on my reviews :-0

Aww Dean... and Awww Sammy... poor boys, in that sad Faith-fallout period. I love Dean trying to help Sam, trying all sorts of different things, being a smart-ass but worrying like crazy underneath. And poor Sam - I loved the bit where he defined all the terms Dean was throwing at him and then got his own back by grossing Dean out - I can just imagine him doing that!

And then all the adorable little bro-mos that you subtly tossed in, like Dean trying to decide whether making Sam more comfortable or just letting him sleep was better. Very cute :-)
CeCe Away chapter 2 . 12/18/2011
I've read this at least ten times, I adore it so much. You always manage the exact right balance of emotion and action and worry for the boys while maintaining the integrity of their personalities.

And as always with every dang one of your fics, it comes alive like a little mini episode. I swear I could hear that screeching tornado and feel everything blowing around that room. Even got grit in my eyes.

So awesome. I gobble your fics up like candy.
caylender chapter 2 . 12/11/2011
I love this! Characters were dead on, and you had the perfect balance of the grave situation with humor.
BranchSuper chapter 2 . 11/30/2011
Good story.
ziggy.uk chapter 2 . 11/30/2011
Poor Dean, all his efforts to get Sammy out of there and to get him drunk backfired big time, and only the Winchesters could wake an echo, luck must have been on their side for once as they lived to tell the tale! So had to laugh that it was Dean who got drunk and Sammy had to hold the waste paper bin for him, but finally Sam talked :)

A really entertaining and original story Karen, loved it :) Sunshine to you too.
Visionairy chapter 2 . 11/30/2011
This was absolutely great! Loved the reference to the little drummer boy and all of it ! Hurt my neck and shoulder, so can't type much now, but it was great! Thanks!

Did you take part in GISHWHES ?

Sent from my iPod touch via Pocket Fiction
jensensgirl3 chapter 2 . 11/30/2011
Seeing the Warden killing his wife did a number on Sam, he tried to stop it but cause a big tornado in the room from the spirit. At least Dean tried to get Sam to talk about his feelings, in the end Sam did open up to Dean about how he feels.

Dean trying to get Sam drunk was funny, seeing him on the floor trying to talk to Sam made me smile. Even being that drunk he was still thinking of his brother feelings.

Nice ending to the story my friend, I loved it.
mamapranayama chapter 2 . 11/29/2011
I love this from Dean's point of view and I think you got his inner voice down really well. Thanks for sharing this. :)
Jane88 chapter 2 . 11/29/2011
"Guilty Sam did my laundry, made food runs, washed and waxed the Impala to a perfectly polished shine, and basically was my slave." Oh, that's so mean!

"How about my big brother just stays sober and stays close. That's help enough." Uh, who would have thought it was that easy? :)

Amazing chapter and story. Love Dean making so many plans to help Sam - great big brother. But really, some are just ridiculous. And drunken Dean was so hilarious. I'm glad Sam opened up in the end. Thanks Karen, was a lot of fun to read!
Emmers224 chapter 2 . 11/29/2011
Fantastic finish! I loved it all! The echoes of the warden and his wife (love how you twisted that to fit the situation, by the way. Nice touch!), the brother's snarky back and forth comments to each other, and Dean's silly drunken self, and of course, the angst! Loved it all! You did an awesome job! :)

P.S. Small world, huh? It's always nice to meet a fellow fangirl who's also a Ohioan and horse lover! How cool is that? :)
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »