Reviews for Mascara
Amory Vain chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
Oh, this is quite possibly the best Jonathan-centric piece I've read. Excellent job with the backstory; it fills in the gaps nicely and is perfectly in-character.

This is going in my favorites. :]
sadisticb00gers-Modus Pwnage chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
I'll be honest here. I'm not a Buffy fan, and probably will never be (parents. so strict). But a friend directed me to this fic and ...WOW. It pulled me in immediately (the drag-queen lover that I am). Without even knowing the characters, I can say that you have succeeded in writing a fantastic oneshot. Disturbed is GOOD.
Restless Wind chapter 1 . 7/10/2004
I loved this. This is my favorite Buffy stories. I have a weakness for "dinge stories", stories taking place somewhere run-down.. don't know why, I find it appealing.
Black-Rose23 chapter 1 . 11/28/2003
disturbing, creepy, weird, and kinda dark my favorite kinds all mixed into one good job.
Jackie chapter 1 . 7/4/2003
This story was wonderfully disturbing and provocative. It reeked of the same dark humor that of the movie Fight Club.
Psycho Cowgirl chapter 1 . 1/10/2003
That was the best angst fic i've read in i don't know how long. And that's all i can really say.

anna
Devilish Kurumi chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
I love this. THis is the second time I read it... I was listening to "Blackbird" by the Beatles all during it... had to start it over a few times... but it kept the feeling.

Now I'm listening to "istanbul" by They Might Be Giants... So I'm a little hyper.

BYEEEEEEEEE! (gone to my fave stories list)
midnightinthegarden chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
That was dark. I liked it. You have a nice style to your writing, it seems to flow. It's interesting how you got into his head like that. Jonathon was always one of my favorite characters, I can't believe they killed him...

Great story. I can't wait to read more of your stories!
Ktara chapter 1 . 11/15/2002
Gorgeous writing. :)
R. Renfield chapter 1 . 11/13/2002
I absolutely adore this. You've sliced away Johnathon's cuteness and the sweet harmlessness, not denied them but set them aside, and dissected him with cruel and beautiful precision. God, so beautiful... A powerful, unapologetic, brutal story, so ruthlessly and gorgeously honest it left me with the contented but unnerved feeling that I knew this character utterly, entirely, almost better than I wanted to. So, yeah, shivers. Well done.
Jabber Wocky chapter 1 . 7/10/2002
Creepy, yet touching. Good job.
Andry chapter 1 . 5/27/2002
*sniff* Poor Jonathon . . . jeez, that was depressing. V. v. good, but depressing. Beautiful descriptions, beautiful characterizations . . . really, it was a beautiful little story.
Eve McCarthy chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
That was beautiful, Sharkbait. It gave more depth to a character that I love (Jonathan WILL be redeemed, Dammit!) and was eloquent, bittersweet. Excellent work!
Wiccan-chick chapter 1 . 5/9/2002
very good...

weird, strange, dark and intriguing. I love your characterisation of Johnathon, a lot of writers see him as a nerd, and that's it.

Brilliant.
Supergirl 55 chapter 1 . 5/7/2002
this ws wicked, wicked good. so powerful, so raw & dark... i luv how dark it is. & t/ emotion, so very thick & heavy... oh, & i think u've got jonathan's voice & thought process down very well

i still don't get exactly *y* he ws putting t/ make up on in t/ end, but i think it's good nontheless, even if that's left unexplained. over all, amazing work!

btw, if u'd like 2 check out some of *my* fic, it would b very much appreciated