Reviews for How HP and the DH should have Ended
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 3/20
Good ending. Just lacks a little something... OK, I really wanted to know what Albus' punishment would be.
D. Page Robin chapter 1 . 2/7
A great, fantastic story. There are two quotes that inform this story. The first is from the movie 'Patton:

Patton: Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

The second is paraphrased very slightly from the M*A*S*H episode, 'Sometimes you hear the bullet':

Henry Blake: ...Look, all I know is what they taught me at command school. There are certain rules about a war. And rule number one is PEOPLE (young men) die. And rule number two is, WIZARDS AND WITCHES (doctors) can't change rule number one (original text inside parens)

There is so much wrong in the canon battle. Harry does not! vanquish Voldemort, V's own reflected spell did so. Harry ends a war and does not kill anyone, excepting Quarrel in PS and the Basilisk in CoS. Hardly seems possible, with all the death he experiences

Seasoned, sociopathic killers, who'd already killed some 40 men, women and children in the battle, simply stop and surrender when Voldemort goes down, go off meekly and are never heard from again? In canon the only DE I remember being killed in the Battle for Hogwarts is Bellatrix.

This makes much better tale and is truly the way the war should have ended.

The epilogue is fine. Hermione as Muggle Studies Professor, is OK; as History, Charms or Transfiguration Professor, even better.

Another treat for the readers. Thanks.

D. Page Robin
Miladheth Aldaloth chapter 1 . 1/27
awesome story
WhiteElfElder chapter 1 . 1/23
Not bad; definitely a better way to have dealt with it...but I think JKR is Albus in disguise for the way the original was written.
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 1 . 10/13/2014
...I honestly... LOVE THIS ENDING. xD hahaha, I actually really like hermione/harry- I also don't really get why he ended up with Ginny... :P
I like how Lily turned up at King's Cross! And how they dealt with the death eaters, just BLAM- it's not like they're going to do that to everyone, but it was a war, and even muggles' wars involve BOTH sides killing each other! ...Well, anyway, so long as the killing curse is only for incidents like wars, I like your ending here! It was awesome and sweet! :D
Aww! :3
Thanks for your work. :D
AP-C
chris.depalmayahn chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
I loved the arguement between Harry and Dumbledore. Harry was right. If this was muggle war Dumbledore would arm his army with pea shooters. Loved this one shot. Thank you sharing
Guest chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
A good ending, but no, not a better ending. I like your writing but ugh, ditch the "here's how it SHOULD'VE gone" tone, very unattractive in fanfiction. If you truly think you can write better than JKR you need to come up with your own characters and situations and write something entirely original.
corwyn chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Well done. I agree, a more fitting ending than the original.
Red Lily1 chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
I loved that SO much. Especially Lily's bit-she put Dumbledore in his place very well. But even though I KNOW what happens even though I KNOW he lives, after it said "there was a flash of green, and everything was gone", I started crying. Can't help it. I love Harry too much.
YaGHeofttHaeLubvit216 chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
Very well done!

Having DD still spouting his abfall about redemption was a very nice touch.

I actually haven't yet gotten through the books to the end. I borrowed the set from my younger daughter but got pulled into fanfiction and now read that almost exclusively.

Still and all, I can't think how the ending could have been any better.

Thank you so much for sharing your efforts.

SteveC.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
Jupp, a much better ending ;)
old-crow chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
Hi,

I'm tempted to find my book 7, cut out the offending pages and reinsert this most excellent chapter.

Thanks for sharing it.

Old-Crow
HPMARIE chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
great :)
Publicola chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
Brilliant. Wish the series had ended like that for real. Frankly, I wish Rowling had kept her original intention of killing off Ron in Book 5 - it's true that someone needed to die to underscore the severity of the situation, but Sirius represents Harry's link to the past, would have been far more useful to Harry after that point, and (more importantly from an authorial standpoint) was not nearly as close to Harry as he ought to have been to make the impact really felt. The isolation of keeping him away from Harry and locked in Grimmauld Place meant Harry's personality did not change as substantially as it would have with the death of his first real human friend, magical or muggle.
baronesspotter chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
Yes, this is most definitely a better epilogue. Hogwarts was the central theme of all 7 books, and Harry loved it -said it was his home. And then he doesn't even try to get the DADA position. Frankly, the epilogue wasn't even believable.