Reviews for The Magic goes away
Tezza1502 chapter 7 . 5/9
Hi!

Just passing back through this corner of effeffdotnet for a trip down memory lane, and I stumbled across this little gem.

I do hope that you see your way to continuing this fic at some point. It's a rather original take on the Love Hina-verse. And I do wonder how Granny Hina wold react to the 'magic' of the Hinata-Sou being retracted the way it was.

Kudos for a fun, enjoyable read!

T
TheSandyToadfish chapter 7 . 1/7
You said that Mitsune still hasn't paid her rent, but in the previous chapter (two days story time) Motoko took her rent plus the next months rent. Is it just that she still owes four or five months rent?
dragon's swordswoman 2013 chapter 1 . 11/30/2014
Okay,I officially love you. A Xanth reference in a Love Hina fanfic? Brilliant! And from "The Source of Magic" too, you are amazing. Anyways, I rather like the concept of this. Yeah, just now getting started on reading it, but still, awesome.
Chi Vayne chapter 7 . 11/26/2014
And when she kills him eventually, and the world press finds out that she had been let off? What image will that send?
HotelKatz chapter 7 . 11/21/2014
Please don't force yourself to write if it is too much trouble at the moment. I'd rather you work on getting better health-wise than forcing a chapter out.

As for the chapter, I like it.
Major Mike Powell III chapter 7 . 11/20/2014
Well, well, soldier...

First off: damn, son! o.O Dude, that's some heavy, nasty stuff you've gone through! I wish you a great, full, speedy recovery, my friend. Take your time. You've got all the time in the world. :3

And second...Ok, how did I NOT read this story sooner? o.O I'm sure, very sure that I would've easily been able to see a story with a title like this one from a mile away...yet, well, here I am, reading this so late. But hey, at least this story isn't dead, and it's right up my alley, yeees! (Wavy Line)

So, somebody has basically flipped the "MAGIC" switch off, and right off the wall it was initially attached to...and the world of "Love Hina" goes to shit.

And I love every word of it! (VERY Evil Smirk)

I honestly don't know where to begin. I really don't know, son. XD Just, maaan, SO much stuff has happened so far...wow.

So, what I have enjoyed the most so far...hmmm...Mutsumi, of course. :3 I may be...pissed off at her due to Karndragon's "For His Own Sake" story, that doesn't mean she still isn't lovely in this story...well, from what little we've seen of her. :P

I really hope to read more of Mutsumi putting the moves on her beloved Kei-kun and win him over, fair and square...and if she happens to let Keitaro know she is his Promised Girl, leaving Narusegawa completely out of that story...well...that's called "being economical with the truth". (Evil Winking Face)

And then, this chapter here...(Whistles) Wow. Politics...fucking politics. Justice really IS blind. Ugh, that was just sickening. Narusegawa should fucking rot in jail! (Kicks over a table)

(Sigh) There goes the satisfaction Shinobu, and all of us, felt when Narusegawa got dragged away by the Police in the previous chapter. o.e

Well, either way, at least Motoko seems to be (reluctantly and waiting for the time to strike) fulfilling her bodyguard duties, with a smidge of detective work...or perhaps hostage negotiator, so to speak, considering how she quickly defused the situation with Kitsune pretending to be sexually abused by Keitaro. (Deep Sigh)

So...I say: Go MutsumixKeitaro, and do take care of yourself first, 'k? :3

Great work! Keep it up!
Update ASAP! That's an order!

Semper-Fi! Carry on!
Samhan chapter 7 . 11/19/2014
I thought Motoko changed, I'm afraid that the girls will try something dirty. I liked the chapter, but it's too short, I hope you'll update ASAP. I wish you a full & fast recovery.
CapitalClassShip chapter 7 . 11/19/2014
Not Surprising to see this from the Japanese legal system but considering what whe see on animes and Mangas Nowadays it was expected.

Also Its good to see you are Back, i wish you a full and fast recovery.
Aurora Wesker - Plasma Fox God chapter 7 . 11/19/2014
Wow. Japan is definitely more fucked up than I thought, where the hell was that so called "Honor" at when they surprised bomb Pearl Harbor killing all those men and women and taking them from their families?

Hypocritical motherfuckers.
BridgeBurn100 chapter 7 . 11/19/2014
Glade to have this back but way too short. Well what can I say I just want more. Hope it doesn't take to long for the next chapter.
salishious chapter 7 . 11/19/2014
Feel better and heres to a speedy and full recovery
NTSEFAN chapter 6 . 10/2/2014
After reading the whole story, I got to say, THIS IS THE BEST FAN FICTION EVER!

I like how Motoko goes though REAL CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and begins to look back on her previous actions and then some and begins to observe the situation before jumping to conclusions like so and she makes a real good body guard.

I can see why Keitaro wouldn't press charges on Motoko cause she's not the real abuser, the REAL abuser is Naru.

The part that suprised me the most was in chapter 6 where kitsune had ALMOST fooled everybody into thinking keitaro was raping her, but thank god at motoko realized something was wrong before things got worse.

And to see real physics come into play is pretty clever.

All in all, a pretty good story.

My response to the reviewers

Zikarn Krais, I highly doubt hina would've acted the way you're thinking cause I'm pretty sure that's not how she would've been like in canon. If you're going to say what hina is is true because what kenji of bushido told you, he's full of crap, you know that?

Samhan, Tig3rzhark, Ginkyofu13,Evamaster, and anybody else like them, I agree with all of you.

Siggimondo, Indeed.

Devon Ship'em, I wish I could give the answer.
GaredBattlespike chapter 6 . 8/20/2014
Awesome!

I will happily Favorite and Follow this!

All I can say about the whole thing is "It's about time!"
goddragonking chapter 6 . 6/12/2014
great chapter , love the way this story is going, keep up the excellent work! Keep the good writing and hope for more updates soon and Really awesome story, can't wait to read more:)
Charis Legenaire chapter 6 . 5/19/2014
It's probably not intentionally.. but I feel as though there is some bashing in story.
Besides that, the realism is interesting and I'm not sure all those actions done by law, are actually reality in Japan. They are far from as active in that department and there is a higher sense of privacy. Anything else would cause dishonor.