Reviews for Chances Are
sarcasticbananas chapter 6 . 3/17/2012
I love it! I almost cried but I don't know why! Happy tears at Pony awl growed up and sad tears at Soda's death. Dija know that S. E. Hinton told Rob Lowe (the actor tht played sodapop) That soda died in Nam. So I feel like Its really personal whenever I see a story where he did. I'm glad that This story was written so wonderfully! Keep on writeing

~Renee
OutsidersFanatic chapter 6 . 2/18/2012
Nice story. I found it quite funny to see Two-Bit as a cop, considering how he was as a teenager. I do like how Adrian's friends are like the Outsiders gang, just a little different. I have one question, though. Is Sodapop just not mentioned in the story, or is he dead or something? I noticed Darry named his son Soda, and Soda wasn't at the park, so it just had me wondering...could you perhaps shed some light on this? Thanks. Otherwise, wonderful story. I liked it.
ForgottenDreamer98 chapter 6 . 2/15/2012
I loved it! It was so cute and I just... Just... Just loved it.
beckyboo10 chapter 5 . 2/7/2012
great story! please post soon cant wait to read more!
Little Miss Dancer Girl chapter 5 . 2/5/2012
I actually read that story, and I loved it!

I can't wait to see what happens now! Please update soon; I can't take it!

LMDG:)
ForgottenDreamer98 chapter 5 . 2/4/2012
Really good. Update soon. When you have the time that is.
ForgottenDreamer98 chapter 3 . 12/18/2011
Update! I'm loving this!
NarutoQueen chapter 3 . 12/17/2011
Great job! Update soon.
Little Miss Drama Queen chapter 2 . 11/29/2011
To be honest- although I like the storyline/plot, it got kinda boring 'round the middle of the chapter. I would like to see now how Ponyboy and the old gang get involved. Super cool; thanks:)
Little Miss Drama Queen chapter 2 . 11/29/2011
benignmilitancy chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Hi, I'm benignmilitancy. I've decided that today is my vacationing review day. Think I'll take one per week. And Vacationing Review Day shall always strive to be brutally honest and respectful and constructive. D

I think this story has potential. It's already above par in terms of grammar and uniqueness; I've hardly seen Ponyboy portrayed as an adult. Props to you for that.

Areas that need some improvement: you lose a little credibility with your main character, Adrian Riddle. I know that there's only so much that can be revealed in the first chapter, but I feel that you rush with her. Have her slow down a little. Pause. She lost her best friend, much like Pony did. Pony grieved-(in his own strange Ponyboy way, but he did) and you'll only risk adding depth if she just stops to reflect a little. From the way you described her, she seems like an introspective character who would do that. I don't think that if your best friend died, you would describe him or her as having "kicked the bucket". It makes her situation feel very flat. When Johnny died, Ponyboy described his body as a "candle with the flame gone". True, he described Johnny as "just dead", too. But there was a tenderness to Pony's description that offset the bluntness of Johnny's being "just dead". Likewise, while I'm not saying Adrian should bawl her eyes out, with things like these, it's better to be a little soft around the edges.

Also...I find it a little hard to swallow that she ignores fashions, yet wears a black leather jacket. It doesn't add up in my mind. I felt sometimes Ponyboy was also a little one-dimensional, like the archetypal image of a benevolent English teacher we all have. Maybe he goes home to something not-so-great? I don't know. I'm not good in offering suggestions right now, because I don't really know what's going to happen next.

Your grammar is solid. Watch dialogue commas. But for the most part, syntax and diction were consistent and engaging. You have no idea how invaluable that is.

All in all, I think this story has good potential. Keep writing. :)
Little Miss Drama Queen chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Super good! Update asap!
SnowShowers chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Nice. You should continue it. :)