Reviews for Krait book 09 The Two Princes
dianaanne chapter 17 . 1/23
Such fun! I almost feel sorry for Amos. But then, I have future knowledge.
dianaanne chapter 8 . 1/22
Shades of These Old Shades. How did I miss that?!
Anne chapter 17 . 5/27/2014
Fun reading this again.
dianaanne chapter 15 . 5/23/2014
Achille needs his butt kicked. Can't you have him stuck permanently in a pyramid by an ancient curse?
dianaanne chapter 9 . 5/20/2014
Lots of fun re- reading. Reminds me how much I dislike Achille C-V.
dianaanne chapter 4 . 5/6/2014
Jolly good fun rereading this.
Anne Seebaldt chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
I've never heard of or seen a Ford Cortina; I take it to be an overseas only vehicle. Loathsome Linda will get her comeuppance soon, I trust. Can't remember the denouement of that.
anne chapter 17 . 12/31/2012
Enjoyed immensely ... again. Happy new year!
Gardengirl6 chapter 17 . 12/28/2011
Stroppy - yet another magnificent word that just isn't used here. Why?

What is a viva voce exam? Is that what we'd call an oral examination?

Herbology as a load of crap. I love it! My gardens certainly appreciate such.

Jade's essay on mass media skirts over such as North Korea, I'm afraid, but otherwise I agree with her.

Interesting about high voltage power lines - they're an excellent visual reference for navigating without instruments, so long as you maintain a very respectful altitude above them.
Gardengirl6 chapter 16 . 12/28/2011
"Tip of rubbish" is one of these exquisitely British-isms that just delight me. Tip sounds so... dainty! We'd call it a dumpster, and dump just isn't dainty at all.

I would think that summoning would be differentiated from conjuring, rather than calling it 'transfigurational summoning.' But perhaps that is just how my mind works.

I have a friend here who's Finnish, and she and I joke about how Finnish stole all of the vowels from the Slavic languages.

Jade wolves, eh? Was this a spoof 'vision' or the real thing?
Gardengirl6 chapter 15 . 12/27/2011
I think a lot of folks would like it if Golpalott had buggered off. And Gamp, too, for that matter.

LOVE that Senagra added "goblin made" to her watch! That's clever and funny - well done!

Ah, it's a great feeling - if a bit unsettling - to be so prepared for an exam that it feels "too easy" and we look for tricks that we might have missed!
Gardengirl6 chapter 14 . 12/27/2011
Oh, dear. Master Amos seems awfully in love with himself. I doubt that will be let to stand! Lose the 'putti' look indeed, LOL! I don't think he's going to be very responsive to the recommendation that he needs a lesson in humility - but I betcha he gets one.

Oops, rather a problem with Gorbrin and the bludger there! Well done to Jade and co. for putting things right - and for Queach for being an ok sort after all.
Gardengirl6 chapter 13 . 12/26/2011
Huh, I thought Pansy was Priscilla's sister... something earlier about her sister being a ball of spite and malice or some such?

Oh, gee whiz. I rather think that a pre-pubescent male prima donna is just a contradiction in terms! And wouldn't he be wounded to know that Dawn French's diva-ing in POA is what came immediately to mind?
Gardengirl6 chapter 9 . 12/26/2011
Morgana seems to be aptly named! At least she did actually want the lessons - unlike the "ethereal beauty" who was chasing David Fraser.

Priscilla... hopeless. I expect she'll get into trouble later on and Draco will have to arrest her or something - that might finally shut Pansy up from chasing after Lucius!
Gardengirl6 chapter 11 . 12/26/2011
Keeping cave... I'm guessing here that it means being on the lookout on someone's behalf? From 'cave canem'? And if so, do you say it like the geological formation, with a long A, or is it kah-vay, as it would be in Latin (well, liturgical Latin, anyway)?

Oh, good, I do love comeuppance to those who need it. I think you're just going to have to expel Priscilla, or transfigure her into something useful (like a toilet brush).
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »