Reviews for A Lifetime in a Year
I thought Lavon told them he was going to visit his family for Christmas?
I'm rereading this for the first time since you came back and I just realized, you did the first part before the long break (through chapter 16 I think) during season 1 so Shelly works with Wade and is friends with Zoe. When you came back Wanda is all of a sudden the waitress and Shelly has disappeared with no explanation, it's kind of like what happened on the show :). Season 2 started and Shelly wasn't there but they never said anything about it, LOL
My favorite Zoe and Wade story of all time.
Thank you for this. This has been my favorite story here at HOD fanfiction. I hope you are a writer in your "real life " because you are really fantastic!
Guest chapter 43 . 11/21/2016
Thanks
daisesndaffidols chapter 43 . 11/21/2016
I was hoping for a sequel! Can't wait to read it
k.canspiner chapter 43 . 11/21/2016
OMG! I can't wait for the sequel. I'm literally jumping up and down right now!
Guest chapter 42 . 11/14/2016
Congrats to an amazing and epic story. Hoping for more Zoe and Wade stories from you:)
LongLiveTheHart chapter 42 . 10/18/2016
What a great ending! Thank you so much for this awesome, awesome story! After that hiatus you succeeded to come back with such delightful chapters and your story became one of my absolute favorites. It was so much fun reading this and I hope (beg you) to write another HoD story! Lol
Guest chapter 42 . 10/18/2016
I have to admit, I had totally forgotten about the ring, that she had found it and ended up wearing it on another finger for a while. So much has happened since that :)

I liked how you included Mr. Fillaby and how it had been about a year since Wade had made that promise to him to tell Zoe how he felt which was kind when he and Zoe really started.

I had forgotten about the Kinsella property too but I liked that he took her out there, away from the town and everything, to do the proposal. I like to imagine that in the future, after the fellowship is done, after the bar is up and running and stable, after the wedding, maybe they will build a house out there where they can live with their family:)

Thanks again, I've really enjoyed this story. I'm already looking forward to reading it all over again!
daisesndaffidols chapter 42 . 10/18/2016
Loved where he proposed to her, and his proposal was awesome.
I will miss this story very much.
Guest chapter 42 . 10/18/2016
Very cute ending!

Thanks again for this story!
KSD17 chapter 42 . 10/17/2016
Thank you for the perfect chapter to end this perfect story. I have loved this story from the beginning, throughout the painful hiatus and right up until the end. I cannot even think how many times I had reread those chapter during the hiatus and you came back with stronger chapters than before. You are a great writer who got both characters spot on. I loved this chapter and it was a great conclusion. A nice way to end with Fillaby again and a conclusion for her medical career and the bar opening and back at his property. And thanks for clarifying Wade's thoughts about the night of her return. Their reunion was so sweet and nice to know they apologized to each other even though it wasn't necessary. Your story captured what made them great as a couple in season 4 - they make each other better and love each other unconditionally, flaws and all. Thank you again for coming back to this story and finishing it off in such a perfect way. It was quite a ride!
daisesndaffidols chapter 41 . 10/17/2016
I'm so glad that she knew she had to get back to Bluebell that night. Loved her passionate speech.
Will be sad to see this story end. I would love to see them go back to Wade's family's property that they went to back in chapter 19.

Thanks for an awesome story and hope you decide to write more about Wade and Zoe soon
Guest chapter 41 . 10/17/2016
Ok, where to start... First I want to thank you again for returning to this story to finish it after so long (3/4 years?). As a reader it's frustrating when you get into a story and then the author abandons it so I really appreciate you coming back and finishing this one out for us!

I really liked the scene with George showing up at Wade's waiting for him with beer and video games. In the first half of this story, the part before the hiatus, you portrayed George as kind of a jerk, he kissed Zoe when he and Lemon were engaged, told Zoe Wade wasn't good enough for her, etc, but I've always though George was a good guy and a good friend to Wade so I enjoyed seeing him like that. He knew that Wade would be upset about Zoe, and also knows Wade well enough to know he wasn't going to want to talk about it but might not mind getting his getting his mind off of her with beer and video games as a distraction. I also liked when he mentioned that it seemed like Zoe was enjoying herself at the little going away thing the night before.

As for Zoe and Wade, I thought her speech was pretty darn good especially for someone who often puts her foot in her mouth when she just wings a speech. :) I also liked that Wade didn't really know how to react or respond at first. He was getting exactly what he wanted and didn't know how to react to that. I did have one question though. Zoe says she shouldn't have left a year ago, has it really been that long? I thought she had only been back in NY for a few months (she left in the spring and now it's early fall) did I misunderstand?

I'm sad to see this story end because I have really enjoyed it but I'm so glad we got an ending. I'm looking forward to going back and reading it all the way through from the beginning :)

Thanks again and I hope you'll consider doing more Zoe/Wade stories. I know the series is over so a lot of writers have lost inspiration for these characters but if you do find some inspiration I'd love to read anything you come up with.