Reviews for A Beautiful Lie
Amelia Mariee chapter 1 . 7/25
Awh I hope he realizes it was the truth
thesoulobeys chapter 1 . 10/20/2016
Probably my favorite story on here. You write Erik so well, with all the passion and repressed sexuality. I love the line starting with "and all he could think as he came crashing back to earth..". You have a way with words!
Riene chapter 1 . 7/18/2016
Damn it, Erik, believe her and give both of you a chance.

Love this one. It's nicely done, from his inability to know the role of a husband to his desperate desire and disbelief, to Christine's slowly evolving emotional change. The whole concept of role-playing with its inadvertent consequences is believably executed. I felt badly for Raoul, though. How confusing her sudden change of heart must have been!
lkov chapter 1 . 12/11/2015
Beautiful :)
Anti-Heroine88 chapter 1 . 5/4/2015
What a beautifully written story! I can imagine though that it would take Erik some time for him to believe that Christine truly loves him.
I'm not overly obsessive chapter 1 . 10/27/2014
It's official. You are my favorite phanfic author. *gives crown* Reign over your land of phanfiction with kindness and love and smut and fluff and happy endings!
MissChrystalline chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
So beautiful!
GuitarGirl97 chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
That was simply amazing. Never have I read a story that captures Erik so perfectly- you showed us his anger and his flaws whilst showing us his reasons, his suffering, how he is a good man really...I had several teary moments when reading! I think what makes this fic so brilliant is that it is realistic- most ways that Erik and Christine end up together rely upon artistic licence and unbelievable-but much desired by E/C fans- circumstances, but this story just proves that there is a realistic E/C ending! Christine was captured perfectly also. I loved it- no flaws can be found. Honestly, this is the best piece of Phantom fanfiction I have ever read...and that's no lie! :) Keep writing; you've got Erik captured perfectly! :D
erik feels chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
That was SO cute!
CoffeeRambler chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
Not very realistic, but it still made me happy!

Also: When Christine first kissed Erik, you said that the ring sparkled as she touched the unmasked part of his face. But aren't the scars on the left side (facing Erik)? Wouldn't that be awkward? Or is the on her right hand?
Rupert Bear chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
Beautiful & well written story, thank you.
Dandylion16 chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
It was very very beautiful! I loved it!
xsilver-galaxyx chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
I feel like there's much more that happens after this story. Erik learning that what he has with Christine isn't a lie and Raoul coming after her. Very nice
Lady Moon Dragon chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Wow! What a well written story! I love the fact that by pretending to be Erik's wife, she was able to find her true feelings for him. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful story with us. I love how you portray both of their feelings so well. My personal favorite quote from this story is this one:

"I pretended to know what love was, but how could I when he was the one to teach it to me?"

And I also loved the fact that even though Erik gave Christine her freedom back, she still decided to stay at Erik's side. Its sad that he thinks it all to be a beautiful lie, but considering his sad history, it makes sense. I hope that someday he does believe it to be the truth.

Thanks again for sharing this great story with us,

Lady moon dragon
Amethyst Skulkyrie Cain chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
:O This was beautifully written, I was smiling the whole way through. You can practically taste the emotions rolling off of Christine and Erik... wow!