Reviews for Hardwired
I wish this could be continued. It's a shame for such a good fic to be left on a such a sad note.
anon chapter 1 . 1/18
almost do not want to read further knowing that i won't get closure since this story has been up for 4yrs and only 5 chapters have been written...sigh. Great premise though form the initial set up in the other story. This was heart breaking to read
EllieMoon chapter 5 . 11/2/2014
I loved the first one, but this sequel is too dark. ACoSaA at least had the potential for a happy ending. This should be a stand alone fic. The chances of them being happy when there is always a reminder of a mistake Rachel made is not okay. You should've let them stay happy.
aryalyn chapter 4 . 10/25/2014
I've just reread this and I know this sounds cruel but with the way you write, what's a little more spiraling in pain. What if Rachel ended up having a miscarriage? I mean, not only did she practically abandon her wife, but she also cheated on her and is obviously keeping the baby without considering what it would do to her wife. I'm not saying that this will make things go away. The opposite really. I've heard about the pain and depression women can go through when they lose a child in such a way.
CarolineSC chapter 5 . 10/8/2014
What a dark turn this sequel has taken, but I am enjoying it. Hopefully you will update soon!
aviran chapter 5 . 7/21/2014
I've missed this... thank you.
Netherrack chapter 5 . 7/21/2014
So glad you updated! Even though things seems somewhat dire, the taste of hope and love is tangible in the air.
Thanks for the great chapter!
I Lurk No More chapter 5 . 7/15/2014
Some of these reviews are unjust. To say that where you have taken your story, no 'realistic' couple could survive is just a reflection on how selfish and easy it is for people to give up in today's culture. You even hinted at the need for the 'Hollywood Happily Ever After' when Rachel suggested they tell people they were looking to start a family so I tip my hat to you for choosing this route.

Personally, I can see this working out. With both characters being heavily flawed, blame can be shared evenly between the two and I can see how you are building that subtly while a lot of the story is still untold, like when and why did Rachel walk out. In my opinion, I don't see her leaving for him, I see it more that she went to avoid watching Quinn destruct. Anyway although I agree Rachel has come across selfish, there is also that element of her lack of self-esteem when concerning Quinn. She was waiting for the other shoe to drop or the proverbial push. To be honest their traits are very similar, with the unconventional marriage, neither actually believed wholeheartedly the other would want it to work or last so that doubt has always been lurking.
The baby element will be interesting and difficult but I like how the rest of this story hangs on Quinn's shoulders. She's admitted her own mistakes and is now trying to make peace with Rachel's as well as dealing with her own issues and demons.

Congrats on an epic fic and the continuation of epic-ness!
Wonderousplace chapter 5 . 7/15/2014
Like I said I like the feel that everything is temporary-how their show that they depend on is really something small. I enjoy your writin because its abstract and requires thinking and has layers. They're dark, they're messed up, they're human with all their flaws.
qfab chapter 5 . 7/15/2014
This story just draws me more and more with each chapter. I hate seeing Quinn and her struggles that maybe lead to their current situation. I really want to see how they move on with the pregnancy, such a delicate situation but I love how you are handling it. Can't wait to read more!
Guest chapter 5 . 7/14/2014
Love this :))) can't wait for more :)
Guesto chapter 5 . 7/14/2014
Yeah...there is no way they can come away from this happy. And to say any different is unbelievable and unrealistic. This last chapter kind of proves it. Which sucks cause like others, I loved your verse. I'm tapping out now though. For me, this story ended at the end of A Campain of Shock and Awe. I want to remember these characters before they were made this unhappy.
aryalyn chapter 5 . 7/14/2014
I have to agree with Sigh. Both stories are well written but it really suck to go from coming from the original to what you're putting in the sequel. Wish they would have been seperate. Otherwise, it's a great story.
wuyanwutu chapter 4 . 7/14/2014
despite all the depression, one thing I do know is that, if Rachel wasn't "selfish"/"self-centered" or Quinn wasn't so broken/insecure, they would have found the compromise way sooner instead of living separate lives for so many years. Everything happens for a reason, at least in fictions. Only have the deepest demons been dealt with that they can find their happy ending in each other.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/12/2014