Reviews for XWing: Ambush
Jimmy C chapter 1 . 2/20
Great read. I really enjoyed it. Just a bit of constructive (i hope) criticism though - everyone wants the good guys to win and the main characters to live. But in this story, even the peripheral characters all live (with the exception of maybe 2? fighter pilots whose names are first mentioned when they die). Meanwhile they destroy an incredible number of enemy pilots in the various dogfights. The same goes for the ground battle. It would add a lot more realism if the casualties suffered were a bit more even. I think you also dumb down the Imperial side and its characters a bit too much. So much so that it leaves me as the reader wondering how they ever had any dominance in the first place.
Darth Riven chapter 36 . 8/6/2012
I liked the story. The plot and characterization were well executed. I liked Heblon as a character and I thought you developed him really well. And the revenge plot for the Death Star II was pretty good motivation for the villains as well.

However, what got me was that Victory-class Star Destroyers only carry 2 squadrons of TIE's, not 3 or 4 and that an MC-80B Mon Cal cruiser is the rough equivalent of an Imperial-class Star Destroyer and two MC-80B's should be able to pound a Victory Star Destroyers to shreds.

But otherwise a really nice, well paced story with good humour thrown in too.
shadeslayer921 chapter 36 . 11/10/2011
veggies?
kept by corgi's chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Long ago I was reading this story when it was called Retribution, I liked it alot, Not Wedge being tortured, he is my favorite character from Star Wars. Then my computer died and when I finally got it fixed and got back in line it was gone. I found it under this name a few days ago and loved the way it ended, great job.
Elgian chapter 36 . 8/16/2008
I love me some good pilot fic. Thank you for this gem! It's a piece I've come back to and re-read several times.

I wanted to let you know I did a random sketch based on a scene in this story, and I linked you in the Deviation comment field. elgian./art/Wedge-Antilles-91011291

You should post more of Betrayal soon!
Aerinelf chapter 36 . 5/8/2008
One word: Amazing! I couldn't stop reading, I'm gonna be exhausted tomorrow. xD So worth it.
Rebel.Dream.Tatooine.Ghost chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
loved it.
killercaribou chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
Hey great story! You had me on the edge of my chair (and up later than I should have been on a school night). The suspense was very well done. Wedge is one of my favorite characters, just from watching the movies.

Okay here it is, I've only read maybe two of the Star Wars books, and neither were of the X-Wing series. I wanted to put that out there because I was very impressed by the way you could make me care about all the characters, not only Wedge, Hobbie and Wes (who I know and love from the movies, despite their small parts) but also characters out of the books and your own original ones.

So overall assessment: excellent job, and you better finish X-Wing: Betrayal so I can read that too.
Sachita chapter 36 . 11/23/2006
What, only so few reviews?

I am astonished, becuase I think thats a very good story and you had to work on it with great effort for quite a time, before having it completed like that.

Poor Wedge. I ts terrible what this strange woman did to him.

Sorry if my EnglĂ­sh isnt so good, but I am not a native speaker (-:

Anyway, thats a brilliant story.

Sachita (-;
Manie chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
I've past some great days of tension reading it. I just love it.
kitty chapter 36 . 6/8/2006
(stands up and applauds) I first found this story on "Shatterstar Cantina", and I really want you to know that this is THE best Rogue Squadron story outside the novels that I've ever read. I love how you write everyone, especially Wedge and even your original characters like Ajene and Heblon. Can't wait for the sequel!
Solo by Choice chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
I LOVE this story! (Just needed to make sure you understood.)

This is one of the only Wedge stories where he isn't a) suicidal, b)in love with Luke, or c) just really out of character otherwise.

I love Wedge, by the way. He is my hero.

This story made me cry, it was so sad in parts, like when Wedge is dying. The whole Rogue Squadron quest cut into his back thing was creepy (in other words great).
Random Clone chapter 36 . 7/22/2005
AAH! Great story! Is Betrayal gonna be up anytime soon? Huh? Huh?

P.S. I love Janson... You're really one of the only authors that does justice to him!
The Fink chapter 36 . 5/6/2005
From first to last, this has been an outstanding story. Your characterisations of all the Rogues have been spot on and your original characters are well drawn individuals. In particular, Heblon is a wonderful character and the way you showed him fighting with himself over what he should or shouldn't be doing is extremely well done.

All in all, an excellent story. Thank you.
otahyoni chapter 36 . 4/1/2005
[applause] I know you wrote this three years ago, but I'm hoping you're still receiving reviews fron

I loved this. I recently picked up my x-wing novels again, but just wanted more when I got done. And this is, I think, a great unofficial addition to the x-wing books. You have a firm grip on the characters ('Specially Face and Janson, though they're the most fun and thus probably the easiest to nail. Your Tycho was impressive as well. I like Angry Tycho. We should see more of him.) and the battle scenes had me on the edge of my seat.

I remember reading "Retribution" ages and ages ago (quite possibly my first foray into fanfiction), and out of curiosity I went back and looked it up. I could only bear to read a few pages after reading your version. Your writing is far, far superior and your dialogue unstilted.

The only sad thing? You claim the story will be continued in X-Wing: Betrayal, but your last story upload was in '03. I'd have loved to sink my teeth into that. 'Cause we don't even know who sold Wedge out! (Or is that at the end of "Retribution"? I can't remember.)

Adding you to my favorites. Going to go check out your homepage.