Reviews for Not Old, Alone or Done For
midnightisolde chapter 10 . 12/13/2016
Well done chapter. There's a real sense of dread. The only issue I find with your story read in its entirity is that I feel the attempted rape doesn't fit with the following chapters. I know the story arc is the completion of Wendy's journey into womanhood with Captain Hook being her initiator. He symbolizes her sexual awakening though she doesn't understand at that point; while her romance with Peter is more of an innocent puppy love.
However, given that Wendy is portrayed here as being sexually naive, I think that as her first actual encounter with male sexual desire is a violent one would leave her traumatized for a while. It would be a forceful loss of innocence. I think you tried to touch on that a bit, but then reverted back to the central plot line of the flowering of Wendy as a sexual being with Hook. You handle the scenes of them together well, but I just found it read like the attempted rapes (one unintentional by Hook himself; then being taken advantage of by a seemingly nice older woman to pimp her out) were quickly forgotten about in the following chapters, which seem to pick up the themes and plot from chapters 1-9, but not really this one.
Otherwise, I think your story is very good and well written. It keeps the reader invested; you can imagine the scenes and characters vividly and are emotional touched. So I'm just being a bit critical to help you, although you wrote this awhile ago. This chapter is very good - maybe the best actually for vivid description and reader emotional involvement. But the impact it would have on Wendy are not present at all later, so it just broke my suspension of disbelief a bit as I think it would effect Wendy's reactions to James in the short term, even if he is gentle and non-threatening and she wants to be with him.
midnightisolde chapter 17 . 12/12/2016
What a wonderful story! It shows a great writer who can draw their characters so convincingly that you really sympathize and root for them.
LadyYandere chapter 1 . 12/5/2016
Awesomeness! This is so perfect :) love it! You are amazing
Katie chapter 17 . 9/13/2016
Have you ever had that feeling after reading a book or seeing a movie where you are actually sad that a character doesn't exist in real life? That's how I felt after reading this and remembering James hook is just pretend :/ lol I love his flirtatiousness in this story and the classic depiction of the hardened villain forced to connect with and expose his tender side for the special woman he loves. So damn sexy.
Guest chapter 17 . 8/23/2016
This is by far one of the best stories I have ever read
LDaastrich chapter 17 . 4/18/2016
Great story :)
twistedhalfsmileM chapter 17 . 2/20/2016
*squeals excitedly*
TinkerbellxO chapter 17 . 10/1/2015
I just found this story and I read it within two days (and that's only because I work fulltime). What a great narrative you have here! I wanted to laugh, cry, I fell in love with both of them. So amazing.

Tink
RowenaIsKween chapter 17 . 5/16/2015
Yet another beautiful story!
Her Royal Goddess chapter 17 . 5/13/2015
No matter how many times I read this it always makes me smile. Xx
MaryBridi chapter 17 . 5/2/2015
*Clap* *Clap* *Clap* *Clap* *Clap* Wow, I was so mad at you when Hook sent her away! But this end made up for that! Amazing!
Ephemeral5683 chapter 17 . 3/17/2015
OCB: I can't help it. I keep re-reading this delicious tale you've written. It is by far my favorite. I love the HP stories, but this one decadent. Please, I need more soon!
3 Forever,
Ephemeral
hawkemily chapter 17 . 10/20/2014
That ending was amazing. The story was amazing. I have been obsessing over this for the last few days and I am actually quite sad that it is over.
Guest chapter 17 . 10/18/2014
Your writing always draws me in. Bravo! Well done.
ScarletBreezes chapter 11 . 9/23/2014
I love Paulie, he's seems like such a sweet, large teddy bear! I love Hook too of course...