Reviews for Not Old, Alone or Done For
Laurielove chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Poor Wendy, I so feel for her - forced into a marriage she doesn't want. Still ... she could always look for adventure elsewhere ... hint hint.

A great start with some lovely period setting. Super language and dialogue. Bravo. LL x
Mafsarhet chapter 5 . 12/2/2011
Indeed, the novelty would wear off when all the kids want you to do is entertain them, and then when you are hurting they don't take you seriously!

You are capturing the essence of children vs adult quite well! Wendy still loves children, of course, and dreams, but sees that when things go badly they can't help much!

Wow...seeing Peter just shrug and say, "I forgot," to visit was very hurtful.

I'm glad to see Maila again and glad that she had misgivings regarding Hook and his men. That you addressed that here was terrific. I had wondered where she went and why she stayed away!

And now she's annoying Hook but for good reason! Hee hee! Delightful!
Mafsarhet chapter 4 . 12/2/2011
Brief, but to the point, Hook and Wendy are! She knows why he saved her and he knows that she and her brothers had never intended to be her enemies.

Interesting how Hook is willing to allow his "lure" for Peter to leave him so easily? Maybe he feels badly? He obviously has some heart after all, and a conscience.

Poor embarrassed Wendy! Having known that the good Captain has seen her nude and had to treat her wounds without regard to her modesty. LOL Well, at least she's alive and has something to wear!

I loved the casual Hook with the embarrassed and confused Wendy. I also love how he is so at ease despite his own observations of how she has grown into a young woman. Of course he couldn't help but latch on to the word 'fiance' as soon as she uttered it, and then sounded a tad jealous when he mentioned Peter's possible reaction to the news?

Well, we'll soon see! Another entertaining chapter. :D
Mafsarhet chapter 3 . 12/2/2011
Well, she's made it back! Heh...but the dreaded corset had its uses, didn't it? I like your logic with how the mermaids couldn't really get a grasp on her torso and that Hook knew that. Also, I wonder why he isn't angry? Probably revenge on his mind for now!

It's good to see that Hook does have his limits on what lines he'd cross, and that taking advantage of a woman is not one of them. Nicely done!

I totally forgot about the fairies and how they could be summoned. That was well done; having Wendy dream and wish and still have her hopes and that Maila picked up on that. I hope to see more of Maila sometime.

I also, since I've forgotten everything! can't wait to see Peter and his boys. Heh... Peter won't be able to resist the lure of Wendy, will he?

I can't help but wonder now what our dear Captain Hook may be dreaming about? ;)
Mafsarhet chapter 2 . 12/2/2011
Nicely done! I don't know historically how easy it was to incarcerate women in asylums for "misbehaviour", but I do know it was not difficult. This is probably exactly what would have happened to Wendy because she had no relatives who could protect her, and a greedy man after her fortune, which of course would not be hers after marriage.

I do wonder if Millicent knows where she is? I have to say I doubt it, but then, how is Gavin explaining her absence if she does not?

Very intriguing! I also can't help but think of the bible in the rooms, as is probably customary today. It is one of the most twisted and strange books on Earth, and the violence in it is incredible. How would people really expect that book to help an "insane" person? LOL I guess they never read it cover to cover as I have and know the contents!

That you've made Gavin rather a two-dimensional character seems perfect to me; not kidding! Having him be the charactiture of the greedy suitor makes him feel almost unreal, yet still a real threat. Hmmm...that probably doesn't make sense! I guess I'm trying to say something along the lines of the fact that he isn't someone we are getting to know well makes him a more fearful villain than one we know. The unknown about him makes him eerie even tho his motives are transparent. There, does that make sense? :D

Now, if I can steal a few more minutes...on to the next chapter! :)
Mafsarhet chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Wow, I had forgotten how good you started this!

Chapter 1 - okay. Firstly, I HAVE to see that movie! I'll be looking it up as soon as I'm done writing this and rent it! LOL

That aside, I ADORE Wendy. She's so much like Alice Kingsleigh that it's astounding! However, that is absolutely perfect as she is the girl who can, within reason, follow her heart and not simply let people bowl over her, despite their good intentions.

I really like how you had Aunt Millicent be kinder at the end of the chapter. Even if she is pushing Wendy to marry, she still loves her and wants what she sees as best for her. You haven't made her a true villain. She wants Wendy to be married and secure, and that's understandable, if a bit difficult for Wendy.

As I said, I haven't seen the movie and it's been so long since I read the book that I have forgotten everything. Really! So, your story, dear authoress, will be my reference point for this entire wondrous tale, and I can already see, (as your writing is so freaking brilliant that I'm jealous! LOL ) that I'll be enjoying every moment of this ride. :D
Mafsarhet chapter 6 . 12/2/2011
Wowzers...I'm late and have to re-catch up and review more on this! I just loved chapter 6 and should have reviewed earlier and I need to refresh myself. I had forgotten how WONDERFUL this story is!

Your characterisations of all involved are well-thought out, fleshed out beautifully with their mannerisms and language, and Peter...wow.

Your portrayal of him and his motives are SO much like the child he is. He wants the toy because someone else has it...perfect! Wendy is in the middle now, but she sees things differently now. She sees so clearly, even more so now that she is blind, than she ever has before.

The emotional ending to this chapter made my eyes mist. Wonderful! I can't wait for more. I really enjoy your Wendy and Hook and I really enjoy how their relationship is unfolding.
Knitter17 chapter 6 . 11/30/2011
Oh my goodness, I LOVE this story! Please update soon!
Psyko-chan chapter 6 . 11/29/2011
Poor Wendy! I really always hated Tinkerbell... I still don't understand how everybody loves her! She's nasty, jealous, traitorous, ill-manered... argh!

Ando Hook... i.i

That las past was so sad... So heart-breaking... i.i

I'm waiting for the next, Cel! *may I call you Cel? Or someing like that? onecelestialbeing is too long...*

BigPapiJ9 chapter 6 . 11/29/2011
Captain Hook is my new favorite villain!
BigPapiJ9 chapter 3 . 11/29/2011
Oh my Hook has a heart after all!
BigPapiJ9 chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Okay you now have me lingering for more!
Psyko-chan chapter 4 . 11/28/2011
What? Already gone? So soon? An freely? I liked the argument!

And she's quite grown up... What makes she think that Pan will like an gron up in his hide out *if he is still living there...*

And why Hook gave up on her so soon?

And why she doesn't like Peter anymore? She kept telling his stories to the neighbours children, didn't she?

Waiting for the next!

Psyko-chan chapter 3 . 11/27/2011
Ow thank you! It has been so long since the last time someone sent a new HookWendy fic!

And I totally understand you about the movie, but I lost count of how many time I watched it long ago! XD

Please, keep updating! There are already too many storys without an end...

224 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15