Reviews for Thawing Out
ferret assassin nin chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
Out of all the Percy/Oliver fics I have read of yours so far, this, THIS is my favorite. It's perfect, it's simply Percy coming to terms with everything with Oliver's help. It just real. I can see this happening, actually. Oliver will always be the voice reason for Percy, the person that can always pull Percy out of his shell and lead him to do what's right and admit when he's wrong, and simply teach Percy how to live, not hide. It's perfect. It's truly perfect.

ferret nin
Guest chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
I love your characterization of Percy! From now on, I shall consider this near-cannon. :)

You've written it wonderfully as well.
Shira Lansys chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Aww, this story was beautiful. I loved the symbolism!
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
It probably shouldn't have stuck out so much in my mind, but I enjoyed "Perfect Prefect Percy." And I really do think you have a knack for writing Weasley's. Now (and before now of course, but the feelings have recurred) I want a Weasley sweater.
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
Singing in the Dead of Night chapter 1 . 12/13/2011
Wow. I loved Percy in this story, although I don't usually in the books. I was glad that he finally went home, you had me worried ;-) Very good job!
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Funny, I've never pictured Percy and Oliver as friends. I suppose I just assumed that they were too different to ever get along, but I guess that's why it works.

The way Percy's winters progressed was very believable. Fred and George's snowball fights sounded fun, and I was sad when they kind of fizzled out.

"How did I get so old? he wonders. He's seventeen, but he's jaded and cynical like an old man, and there's no reason for it." I absolutely loved this line, because it just describes Percy perfectly. He seems like the boy that never really knew how to have a good time for himself, so when he was by himself, there were no good times. It certainly explains why he threw himself into work so much, besides the fact that he was smart.

Great oneshot :)
TheGreatAndPowerfulMoz chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
This story is so fetch!

...Dead Wizard Gawd, I need to stop watching Mean Girls so often. Ay yi yi.

Anyway, you GOT Percy. You wrote him awesomely. Percy is my favorite Weasley, and you got him really well.

And now I'm kind of picturing Olover just standing there in sweatpants and Percy in this wrinkled suit and Marcy just walking in and being all O.o

Anyway. Gold star.
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Nice job! I like the way you included little details from canon about the Christmases, and especially Percy's thoughts all the way through. The friendship between him and Oliver, his adoration of and then abandonment by Bill, and especially his reaction to the Weasley sweaters. Very well thought-out and well written.
Evon1222 chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Wow...this is really spectacular. I know that is a strong word, spectacular, but you have most definitely earned it. I haven't really thought about Percy, but this is just /so/ Percy and just wonderfully written and, well, just bloody spectacular!

You've left me nearly speechless.

Just amazing, a truly amazing piece!
Dimcairien chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Very interesting story. I really liked it and am glad that Percy was able to find someone to talk to.
E.G. Potter chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
Aww. :) this was soo sweet. Wonderfully done dear. :)