Reviews for White Lies And Other Misdemeanors
ArcanePracti-Cat chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
And by the way, completely ignore stupid "guest" there just down a bit- it doesn't know what it's talking about, and obviously doesn't know a thing about subtle narration or description. and obviously didn't realise that this is a oneshot- not a novel or something- and it's also based on pre-established concepts. So it doesn't have to "develop characters" in the same way as a book- but btw, I think you did just fine, anyway.
So, yup. guest can just get its head out of its arse and get back to reading the sarcastic, monotonous, precocious, so-called "higherquality" stuff, and just leave the actual good writers alone, yea? :P
maa...
you wouldn't believe how hard it is getting to find GOOD fanfictions. I've been reading too long... xD
thanks for your work :D
ArcanePracti-cat chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Aww! I love it.
Also, it's so nice to see a non-manipulative, nice, caring dumbledore. He actually wasn't that bad in canon, it was just the general premise that probably didn't do him favors. :P I liked canon dumbledore for the most part, myself. :P
Thanks for all your work! :D
Squibidyflop chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Fantastic story. Not a single word is wasted and you could have a PhD in subtlety. I'm not too sure how I feel about Dumbledore being related to Luna, but that element changes the entire dynamic of the story for the better. You're also one of the few writers who seem to understand that Harry wouldn't want anyone to die, including Death Eaters, because he understands how painful it is to lose someone. The way you get that across, coupled with the way you communicate Harry's wants and desires is masterful. I look forward to reading more of your work.

PS I'm a bit befuddled by the reactions Harry gets from his friends after Christmas, could you elaborate on them? I understand the friction between them but there seems to be underlying hostility towards Harry that I can't understand.
Herbie The Time Travelling Car chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
this is actually quite sweet and I love angry!Dumbledore when he finds out about the Dursleys.
Amanthya chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
This is the first father-figure!Dumbles fic I have read, and I rather liked it. To my surprise. Not to fond of canon-D. Like your au. I shall now pretend it is canon.
doodlesonlinedpaper chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
Awwwww! Yay! Good Dumbledore! I always see him written as misguided, blind, manipulative, or all out evil, so seeing him written like this (and so well too) is heartwarming. Thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/20/2014
I'm sure there's nothing said here that hasn't been said about "Child of Grace," but I can't let this go unsaid.

This is a Slytherin glorifying, purple prose heavy story that mutilates everything said in canon. Lady Azar, are you serious? Firstly, Harry's characterization isn't consistent, nor is Neville and Luna's. Hmm, from your first paragraph I see that Harry is vindictive and doesn't take things lying down. He tries to cow the Dursleys and strikes back at Dudley. Am I right or not? He is condescending to other students, and seems to approach things coldly and logically. Then he lets the Death Eaters go free! Lady Azar, I don't think you comprehended the books very well. See, Voldemort may have "abandoned" his followers, but does that wipe the proverbial slate clean? I think not. These people murdered, raped and tortured Muggleborns and supporters of Muggleborns. Would Harry, who lost his parents to the Death Eaters let Goyle and Malfoy go free with a slap on the wrist? Would Neville, whose parents were tortured into insanity by this group. I didn't even bother to read past this point, that's not mind numblingly stupid this was.

Plus, this is a copious, copious monologue. It's impossible to read through, and makes Harry seem one dimensional, you're not developing any other characters!

Azar, please read the books. Then come back to .

K
Guest chapter 1 . 3/24/2014
Type your review here...
MADStar529 chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
Very nice.
Queen Serenity chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
Interesting. Enjoyed.
Shadow of Flame chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
The end made me smile. The description of the failed Death Eater attack made me try not to laugh. Nice job!
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
A really good one shot, IS there plans for any more?
Honest Lunar Raven chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
This is beautiful.

Why couldn't the last book be like this?
cookiebadger chapter 1 . 8/24/2013