Reviews for Wings of the Knight
anina613 chapter 8 . 8/18/2013
Great story. You do take the time to write a well built and coherent plot with logical reactions from the characters. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapters especially since you promised more actions! :) I sincerely hope you will update this story eventually. It's too good to be stopped like this.
Demons Hiding chapter 8 . 11/26/2012
I found this from the anon meme, and this is just seriously hitting all the right buttons. I feel so bad for Robin, finding out that he does become Batman! :(
ShrimpyJess97 chapter 8 . 11/18/2012
THIS IS SO AMAZING! You have to update!
videlicet chapter 8 . 8/1/2012
This is a really ambitious story, and I'm very interested to see where it goes. The villain (or combination of villains?) seems very dangerous, and the plot promises potentially exciting developments. I particularly like how you've used M'Gann. I've almost never seen a story that gave her scenes with Martian Manhunter, so that was refreshing and different.

I also think your story's readability could be significantly improved if the descriptions were streamlined and clarified, though. There are so many characters who aren't specifically identified and are, instead, only called 'he' or 'him.' In some scenes (like the confrontation between the several mysterious villains and their mysterious victim), several hes and hims are together, few sentences identify a specific character by name, and it's really hard to tell who's doing what. I think you're suppressing or postponing the identification of several characters in the hope that it will generate suspense and surprise, but there are tradeoffs in terms of how well readers can follow the story. Right now, it seems like you're far enough into the story that you can start being more specific and generous with information about the characters, and it won't be spoiling a surprise, it'll be a payoff for readers following the story and wanting to know what happens next.

I also wonder a little bit about Bruce and (young) Dick's extreme reactions to the blood test, and why most of the characters seemed so confused about who the mysterious young man could possibly be. The zeta tube announced his identity to all of them, and then M'Gann called him 'Robin' after reading his mind. I know that Batman is sceptical and probably needs a lot more proof before he conclusively believes what's going on, but when he continues to get the same answer from each input, why does it seem like the outcome always shocks him, like he'd never even considered the possibility? I think it would make sense if the characters had more theories and if their emotional responses were tied more closely to what they guess is happening. (Especially since Robin and Batman are both very clever and detectives; they can be wrong, but surely they're always trying to interpret the available evidence). Lots of characters are troubled and worried right now, but I'd like to know more about what they are worried is happening/ will happen. A good example of an exception is what you've done with Robin's sense of dread / uncomfortable feelings relating to his fear of becoming Batman. Robin's really confused, and he can't always say exactly why the mysterious young man brings out these fears, but despite the fact that he doesn't perfectly understand his own feelings, we still get a much more specific idea of what he's thinking about than if we were just told he's filled with worry, etc.

Now that some identities are conclusively revealed, I'd really enjoy seeing a private discussion between Bruce and the older Dick. I think that would move things forward. I know Dick has been derailing previous attempts to talk to him, in order to try and protect the team from consequences of time travel (I think? consequences of his presence, anyway), but at some point the cost of refusing to cooperate has to seem as costly as cooperating in a cautious way. Now he knows that they are going to find out things about him, even if he refuses to tell them anything.
Nhha chapter 8 . 6/22/2012
Ppppplleasseeeeeeee update your ridiculously addictive story!
ginnywillalwaysrock chapter 8 . 2/5/2012
Best story involving Dick!Batman I have ever read. I don't know why I have such of an obsession Dick, but I do know that I love him to death. And Don't worry no one is OOC. I think this is just what would happen in this situation. Please don't tell me what you plan to do (that would spoil everything), but for my personal sanity, let Older!Dick somehow get back to his own dimension in the end. I can't stand the thought of Damian all alone!
mixxi chapter 8 . 2/2/2012
whooohhooo awesome and exciting

and very good played into robins fear of losing bruce which is really big at that age

i adored it :)
AkwardReader chapter 8 . 1/29/2012
This is so cool! You made me cry with this last chapter. I hope little Dick is okay!

Please update soon- (:
foxfire flamequeen chapter 8 . 1/25/2012
Of all the Batman/Young Justice crossovers I've read (which is what this is, even though it doesn't say so on the can), this is definitely my favorite. The plot is excellently thought-out, the pacing developing at a good rate, the characterization is as impeccable as you can expect out of a fanfiction, none of the characters are ignored, and it's not so much the individual elements than the story (it feels odd calling this a fanfic anymore) as a whole that makes this so amazing. And in my opinion, a story is not about individual elements; it's about the whole package.

I would write a thesis on the entire story (I will end up writing one eventually anyway), but I am a little short on time today so I want to focus on this chapter only. Dick Grayson is a difficult character to interpret on a good day in a fluffy oneshot, let alone a full-fledged story revolving around -two- of his personas - Robin -and- Batman. Because Dick is actually four different people, and every writer who has written him has been very careful in distinguishing between Dick Grayson, Robin, Nightwing and Batman. He learned and grew and became jaded, and that affected his character. It's also rarely shown as clearly as it is here.

That being said, Dick -was- a little out of character here, though you can easily counter that he's under the influence of a drug, vaguely panicked, in a different dimension and acting under the assumption that no one knows who he is. I'm amazed he remembers as much as he does about the Cave, but you even included a quick explanation for that - the Reds' attack leaving an imprint in his mind.

His quick interaction with Wally was perfectly in character for both of them. I've noticed that in long stories centering only on Dick Grayson, sometimes his and Wally's friendship in severely undermined during attempts to showcase his relationships/interactions with the others. I like that even though you're focusing on Dick communicating with M'gann here, you've kept Wally and Dick's relationship intact. Wally is a spaz, and at this point in time, he can be somewhat obnoxious. But he doesn't think twice when it comes to Dick. He's the first one at Dick's side, whether he's needed or not, and this story hasn't taken away from that. I really appreciate the showcasing of this aspect of -Wally's- character.

If you don't mind me saying, I would suggest shortening your paragraphs a little. Cutting some of the longer ones in half, or into thirds. It's a little something I learned in Writing class. Unlike in a book, on the internet, long paragraphs have a tendency to cause eyes to slide. When a reader sees a long paragraph on the screen of a computer, their eyes automatically start -skimming- instead of -reading-. This can be controlled on the page of a book, but over the internet, it's very difficult to focus like that. Which is problematic, because your paragraphs contain several important details which a reader -shouldn't- miss. I hope you understand what I'm saying.

The 'Dexter' soundtrack really is addictive. I love the opening. If you're looking for a beta, I'd like to offer my services. I suppose I should site my credentials.

I'm more of a reader than a writer, to be honest. I haven't written anything except, well, literary critiques, newspaper articles, research reports and college essays in a long time. My last fanfiction was at least four years ago, when I'd first started writing, so my profile might not yield much results. However, editing and beta-ing is pretty much what I do (currently, for a living). I'm a good sounding board for ideas, because I'll always have a theories and opinions. I'm harsh with grammar. If I don't like something, I'll tell you, and if I see places for improvement, a detail that went too far or a detail that should be added, I'll tell you. Sometimes I'll specify what you should do with a chapter. However, at the end of the day, I know it's -your- baby, and I'm just the nanny. One of the stories I'm beta-ing for just completed, and my exams are over, so I have a lot of time on my hands right now. If you're still interested (*laughs* yes, not very attractive, am I?), drop me a PM. I'll get right back to you.
ARL15 chapter 8 . 1/24/2012
Another great chapter from you!

I am glad that we got to see more of older Dick in this chapter. I really like how you wrote his reaction to finding out that the team knew about him being Robin. I liked the fact that we also go to see more interaction between Bruce and old Dick.

I thought you did a wonderful job with the interaction between young Dick and old Dick in this chapter, it was brief, but so much was said between their characters without the characters actually conversing.

Now that the plot is starting to take off, I am really excited to see what happens next, please update soon.
Damian Wayne chapter 8 . 1/23/2012
I figured you would appreciate the reference. ;)

Yet another wonderful chapter! Your confrontation scene was excellent for a first timer, although the single, massive paragraph could have probably been split in several smaller parts.

Ah, yes- Thank you. That makes sense. I'm off to iTunes now to go look some of them up.

I await more to come while on the edge of my seat!
andthenBOOM chapter 8 . 1/23/2012
omgomgomgomg this is so good! im freaking out!

post another chapter soon pleaseeeeee!
KTrevo chapter 8 . 1/23/2012
I'll beta for you! (If only to get sneak peeks of the chapters:))
Glimare chapter 8 . 1/23/2012
Oh. My. Gosh. Can you write my fight scenes? That was awesome! You did an excellent job. And Dick ruining his own innocence... well you could say he was doing everything he could to prevent that, but it'd happen one day. Dick's his own worst enemy at times. XD The only reassurance I think he could give himself was that it wasn't an easy choice and a very hard road that got him there. He did do everything he could to prevent it after all. And even then, I'm certain Dick is his own kind of Batman, just like each Robin is his own kind of Robin.
Damian Wayne chapter 7 . 1/21/2012
Wow, this really is quite a story you have in the making, here. You're really making things seem realistic with how look it took the Team to figure out "Tim"'s real identity. To me, at least, the stories where everyone immediately recognizes the time traveler and everything is just peachy are a bit annoying. (I still read them, though.)

Word of advice, though- control your italics. While they're easy to understand if you know what's going on, the alternating significance of them threw me for a loop at first.

Overall, though, you're doing an excellent job. :)

One quick question, though: your chapter titles are a bit random. Is there any significance behind them? You have my interest piqued!

I look forward to another chapter.