Reviews for A Great Gift
Saissa chapter 15 . 6/24/2014
Wow - a lot of angst - I really hate it when Tim feels so guilty - but at least we got a good happy ending.
mamakay chapter 4 . 4/16/2013
FallenAngel218 chapter 7 . 11/30/2012
Wow, Tim's Dad sounds like my Mother when I have to tell her I can't come over...
Lidil chapter 15 . 1/15/2012
...A Great Gift...

I have not read a better treatment of ...It's A Wonderful Life...

And Paul.

And Mary.

We just never know.
Lactuca chapter 15 . 1/1/2012
Aw. I enjoyed this story a lot! I am glad that McGee got to make up with his dad- I love the angst, but I love a happy ending even more and that felt right for this story. Thank you!
petuniatc chapter 15 . 12/28/2011
Sorry to be soo late with this review but good one! I'm always interested in the ways writers rewrite/reimagine/reinterpret stories like "It's A Wonderful Life". This is excellent. Nice Christmas present.
MysteryFan15 chapter 15 . 12/26/2011
Yay and awww. Yay that they found him and he now wants to live. Awww that it is over. :(

I'm so glad everything worked out in the end. Thanks for the great story!
DeathOfSanity chapter 15 . 12/26/2011
I loved it. I've tried to imagine before what the show would be like without McGee, and I just don't think that it would be worth watching. I love the way that you portrayed it all. It was a wonderful Christmas story!
alix33 chapter 15 . 12/26/2011
"You'd better live Tim; I'm not trekking through Rock Creek Park in the snow just so you can give up on us now. We'll have you at the hospital any minute." "Why...why was I in...Rock Creek Park?" Tony grinned. "Come on Tim, where else would you go? It's like a homing instinct for NCIS agents, we always end up there." "I was hoping you would be elsewhere McGee, you know how he gets when he is right." "I can't help it if my superior investigative skills have triumphed again." - Hehehe.

"McGee residence." "Mom..." "Oh Tim! Oh my, it's so wonderful to hear your voice, we've been...doesn't matter now, Ducky called to tell us about the accident...are you really okay?" "I think so…head aches a little, but I'm fine. How's Sarah doing? I wanted so much to be at the party." "She knows that Tim, she also knows that the life of a little girl was at stake; she explained that to your father In great detail." Tim laughed aloud. "I'd like to have seen that." His mother was laughing too. "I think he's only just getting over it." - I would have liked to see the "great detail explanation" too, in a fly-on-the-wall sort of way.

"Yay! for Richard AND for Tim's investment. "Hey Tim, how are you doing?" "B…Boss…sorry, not my boss now." "Why wouldn't I be your boss?" Gibbs had no idea why Tim would be asking that question, this last week had been tough on Tim, how tough Gibbs was only just finding out, but he didn't think he'd screwed up badly enough for Tim to want out of NCIS. Tim squinted against the light, and focussed on Gibbs. "Director Vance, he said…I disobeyed his orders…when he came looking for me…" "You thought he was going to fire you?" Now Gibbs understood Tim's confusion. "Truth is Leon wanted to tell you that you'd done the right thing. Without the information you got through hacking we'd still have been waiting for the Schneiders to be together, if they ever were." "But he told me…" "And he was wrong, he got to see why you do what you do, and he knows you'll only cut corners when absolutely necessary, like it was with Esther. Tim…the day he called you out over the hacking, I told him then, if he ever fired you because you helped the team solve a case that way; he could have my badge too." Yay! for the bossman and he had better teach Jackie Vance how to headslap that husband of hers if he ever gets a bug up his you-know-what like that again.

Oh wow at that present Kate sent and Erin delivered.
Hermione's Shadow chapter 15 . 12/24/2011
awesome job as always, I loved it!
68luvcarter chapter 15 . 12/24/2011
This was wonderful and I loved the ending. Glad the team would learn a little of just how great McGee is.
DS2010 chapter 15 . 12/24/2011
Wonderful Wonderful Conclusion. I loved the conversation with tim and his dad and then seeing Tim's friend at Ducky's house.

Have a merry christmas!
Aunt Kitty chapter 15 . 12/24/2011
Fighting FF to be able to post a review but worth the battle because this was one of the best Christmas tales out there. Based on a classic, and *this will be a classic. Wonderful scenes of Gibbs telling Tim he's got his six, Ziva and the passport story, Tony and the socks, everyone. Just an all-around lovely story and a great read for Xmas Eve.
fairyqueenie chapter 15 . 12/24/2011
OMG that was brilliant. Great story, really enjoyed it even when it made me cry. Merry Christmas to you. Thanks for sharing.

Fairy x
JazzieG chapter 15 . 12/24/2011
Thank you so much for sharing this story. I loved this last chapter with the team coming together as a family.

Merry Christmas to you.